Rayman emulation

Discuss tools to aid in the modification and running of Rayman games.

Moderators: English moderators, Modding and utilities team

spiraldoor
Oumbr
Tings: 156595

Re: The Emulation Thread

Post by spiraldoor »

How many times do we have to tell you people not to respond to bots?
Rulez
Henchman 1000
Tings: 2295

Post by Rulez »

I was about to state the similar. Is this a joke? Is this real life? Is this just fantasy?
Adsolution
Grand Mini
Tings: 5228

Post by Adsolution »

Rulez wrote:I was about to state the similar. Is this a joke? Is this real life? Is this just fantasy?
It's most definitely a joke, hands down.
spiraldoor wrote:How many times do we have to tell you people not to respond to bots?
Even when pointing out a humourous bot? Alright, I'll commit myself to not responding to both unsuccessful and humourous bots.
need my speed
Mister Death
Tings: 9625

Post by need my speed »

To get back to page one, I can confirm Virtual Jaguar doesn't work with Windows 7 64-bit. Well, it does, but, it doesn't play sound, and sometimes it runs extremely fast (and changing the FPS or whatever didn't work). In the end, I did manage to play Rayman 1 with it, if I remember correctly (it's a long time ago), but, well, it just didn't really work due to the above mentioned problems.

Theoretically, with enough willpower, you should be able to complete Rayman 1 on it though, because those super fast speeds are just random, as far as I could determine. Course, the music is probably the very best thing of Rayman 1, and you won't have that, but there's RayTunes. :P
Hello there! o/
Adsolution
Grand Mini
Tings: 5228

Post by Adsolution »

need my speed wrote:To get back to page one, I can confirm Virtual Jaguar doesn't work with Windows 7 64-bit. Well, it does, but, it doesn't play sound, and sometimes it runs extremely fast (and changing the FPS or whatever didn't work). In the end, I did manage to play Rayman 1 with it, if I remember correctly (it's a long time ago), but, well, it just didn't really work due to the above mentioned problems.

Theoretically, with enough willpower, you should be able to complete Rayman 1 on it though, because those super fast speeds are just random, as far as I could determine. Course, the music is probably the very best thing of Rayman 1, and you won't have that, but there's RayTunes. :P
Virtual Jaguar works fine for me on Win7 x64, as proven in this video I took: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=054M0OiyTBc

The only problem I have is the speed and the slightly glitchy sound, because I'm using a PAL ROM, which means that it's only running at 5/6 of the original speed. However, NTSC games play flawlessly.
Yoshidude99
Moussu
Tings: 1075

Post by Yoshidude99 »

I can get any Rayman DS and any GBA games on emulator fine.
Dildo_Potter
Creveton
Tings: 28678

Post by Dildo_Potter »

I would play Rayman 3 on xbox emulator but no one run it yet. I can make a list of xbox emulators if somebody want.
Note: not xbox360
Danone
Antitoon
Tings: 0

Post by Danone »

Xbox emulator are horrible, and I think only one exist.
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

The only Xbox emulator that is capable to run comercial games can only run Halo, and I think it doesn't do it perfectly either.

It was frustrating for me before, but now it isn't since one of the exclusive games that I wanted most to play, got ported last year to PC.
Cairnie
Murfy
Tings: 81510

Post by Cairnie »

Oh, the original XBox seems to be the one console that emulator programmers really haven't bothered with and unless someone is determined to make a good one I don't see it happening anytime soon.
giant photobucket picture wuz ere

so wuz old psn banner

you know old out of date stuff
Dildo_Potter
Creveton

Post by Dildo_Potter »

Here is the list of the Xbox emulators:
- Cxbx: a HLE, able to run a few commercial games, the devellopers gave up.
- Dxbx: a portage of Cxbx in delphi language.
- Xbem: an emulator at really early stage, run NOTHING.
- Xenoborg: a LLE, recent emulator, in dev by the autor of Cxbx.
Danone
Antitoon
Tings: 0

Post by Danone »

[quote="Dildo_Potter"]
Xenoborg
Never knew about this.
Dildo_Potter
Creveton

Post by Dildo_Potter »

It's on code.google , you can see :wink:
The little one
Matuvu
Tings: 225

Post by The little one »

Hum...question. Why somebody want to play rayman 3 ps2 version (for example )on pc with an emulator when the Pc version is more...compactible? I mean...Ps2 (to play on ) - Pc = Lagy . Pc (to play on) - pc = duh :roll:
Rayman Origins Mathematics :P
Cairnie
Murfy
Tings: 81510

Post by Cairnie »

The little one wrote:Hum...question. Why somebody want to play rayman 3 ps2 version (for example )on pc with an emulator when the Pc version is more...compactible? I mean...Ps2 (to play on ) - Pc = Lagy . Pc (to play on) - pc = duh :roll:
Because uh...
Can be used as an alternative if you really cannot install the PC version on Windows 7.
I'm one of those people who've tried everything but really can't get my PC copy to even install and I can't be bothered to pay for it again via GOG.
giant photobucket picture wuz ere

so wuz old psn banner

you know old out of date stuff
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

The little one, not everyone has got the PC version of Rayman 3, or people just prefer to play the PS2 version. And besides, it is always interesting trying to explore different versions of Rayman games that often carry differences: the paradigmatic Rayman 2: The Great Escape for example. I think that DC, PC, PS2, PS1 and N64 are all worth trying.
Dildo_Potter
Creveton

Post by Dildo_Potter »

I have the PS2, Xbox, GC, PC versions. I wanted to see the difference between these versions.
The little one
Matuvu

Post by The little one »

Haruka wrote:The little one, not everyone has got the PC version of Rayman 3, or people just prefer to play the PS2 version. And besides, it is always interesting trying to explore different versions of Rayman games that often carry differences: the paradigmatic Rayman 2: The Great Escape for example. I think that DC, PC, PS2, PS1 and N64 are all worth trying.
I agree. I'm on of those people who like to play and check all the versions. Already tried PC, PS2, N64, PS1, and DS. Only Dreamcast and 3DS left, and i'm curious to check the dreamcast version (although i already check it in your videos :mryellow: ) For example, I had curiosity about PS1 extra videos and PS2 Hubs (Ps2 was checked on ps2 though :P ). I had curiosity about Globox village on Dreamcast and thank's to this post i can finally check it :D
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

I only wished the NullDC emulator (and PCSX2) had a little more improvements in order to play R2 and RR with almost no glitches at any point. I don't know how both projects are going.
The little one
Matuvu

Post by The little one »

Haruka wrote:I only wished the NullDC emulator (and PCSX2) had a little more improvements in order to play R2 and RR with almost no glitches at any point. I don't know how both projects are going.
Hum...How did you play Rayman 2 Dreamcast Version? On Dreamcast Console? Or emulator?