Rayman emulation

Discuss tools to aid in the modification and running of Rayman games.

Moderators: English moderators, Modding and utilities team

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Jaster
Barbara
Tings: 10868

Re: Rayman emulation

Post by Jaster »

I can play it normally, I have lag sometimes, but it's ok. When I see throught a waterfall, throught the rain or throught something, I see Rayman with white eyes and when I shoot balls I can't see them through the waterfall, also when I do the helicopter I can't see his hair. Is this one of the graphics errors in the game? Or has it solution?

Also I was in a waterfall seeing this "glitch" and I was transported to a minigame or something, and after the minigame I appeared in Globox Village, is that normal? I've never seen this. And after the second minigame (it was like space invaders) I appeared at the main menu of Rayman 2 and I lost the progress.
deton24 wrote:Update your graphic's drivers and update DirectX via dxwebsetup.exe (look for it) or from some recent game.
Here is my nullDC, works fine, should have some config already and 100% save.
https://copy.com/oHt4VoDhjEgVM1Hw
But configuration from the begining wasn't too intuitive, fact.
I downloaded your emulator but when I click "Normal Boot" it says:

"Unhandled exeption while Initing Image Reader plugin by drk||Raziel & GiGaHeRz [Aug 21 2011] plugin".
deton24
Garatta Ciatik
Tings: 8642

Post by deton24 »

This error is because you must probably change location of image in nullDC, if you haven't done it.
What is your GPU?
Yes, this game has some graphical glitches, but not so many.
This glitches are changing while changing: Options->PowerVR->Z Buffer Options.
GOT4N
Photographe
Tings: 400

Post by GOT4N »

It starts to run well on XQEmu :p
OCG
Le Capitaine
Tings: 9905

Post by OCG »

Greatest barrier was human lazyness. Nobody really demanded Xbox emulator that much so nobody bothered to make one. If many people were interested, Xbox emulator could have existed long time ago. After all, Xbox is closest to PC.
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
SpyroGuy
Céloche
Tings: 7416

Post by SpyroGuy »

OCG wrote:Greatest barrier was human lazyness. Nobody really demanded Xbox emulator that much so nobody bothered to make one. If many people were interested, Xbox emulator could have existed long time ago. After all, Xbox is closest to PC.
Probably because a big number of Xbox games are playable on the 360 which is still an "active" console unlike stuff like the Dreamcast, Gamecube or the first PlayStation, so I'd say "the lack of urgency" instead of "laziness".
Heck, even the PSP got an almost flawlessly working emulator nowadays which was a pleasant surprise for me when I found it out a year ago. xD
OCG
Le Capitaine

Post by OCG »

Well, I don't think for some emulators "the lack of urgency" applies.
There are 3DS and Wii U emulators in making and both are very active consoles. Granted, the progress on Wii U emulator will be slow since there is no hurry that much for it.

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

GOT4N wrote:
It starts to run well on XQEmu :p
It is always a progress. :)
raymandesigner
Ptizêtre en or
Tings: 896

Post by raymandesigner »

PT 0.95

Rayman Atari Jaguar Project Tempest 0.95
No TO press the left and right keys at the same time
Have the right Crashes ??
Eren
El Stomacho
Tings: 24258

Post by Eren »

raymandesigner wrote:PT 0.95

Rayman Atari Jaguar Project Tempest 0.95
No TO press the left and right keys at the same time
Have the right Crashes ??
Use Virtual Jaguar :up:
https://icculus.org/virtualjaguar/
SIG UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Image Image
Steam Profile Youtube Account
OCG
Le Capitaine

Post by OCG »

I remember Omar showing some newer version from other site I believe. They fix issues with Rayman 1 sound.

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
Fifo
Joe
Tings: 78350

Post by Fifo »

OCG wrote:I remember Omar showing some newer version from other site I believe. They fix issues with Rayman 1 sound.
Virtual Jaguar 2.1.2 is now out, which is an official release that fixes the sound in Rayman. ;)
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

As I expected, NullDC stopped developing for real. However, the developers asked people to have a peek in Reicast, where future development will happen:

http://reicast.com/

Maybe we will eventually see R2 working even better than before once this software matures enough!
deton24
Garatta Ciatik
Tings: 8642

Post by deton24 »

Yeah, I was also curious whether Reicast runs R2 better. It's already made, but at least for Android. I tried to run some PC build but without success. Are there any other DC emulators which can run R2 well?
Last edited by deton24 on Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
haker120
Tribelle
Tings: 275

Post by haker120 »

As for Sega Saturn emulator, I found this. http://www.geocities.jp/mj3kj8o5/ssf/files/index.html
RibShark
Feuillu
Tings: 1735

Post by RibShark »

For Dreamcast, DEmul is the best emulator for Rayman 2. Unfortunately it is very slow, dipping FPS with my i5 4690 and GTX 970.

For Saturn, SSF is the best.
GOT4N
Photographe
Tings: 400

Post by GOT4N »

RibShark wrote:For Dreamcast, DEmul is the best emulator for Rayman 2. Unfortunately it is very slow, dipping FPS with my i5 4690 and GTX 970.

NullDC didn't had that much problem, and it was turning fine even in my old GT 620 (before I went to a R9 380)
OCG
Le Capitaine

Post by OCG »

RibShark wrote:For Dreamcast, DEmul is the best emulator for Rayman 2. Unfortunately it is very slow, dipping FPS with my i5 4690 and GTX 970.

Would be nice if people with strong PC's like Haruka and Rayfist could test it.

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image