Rayman emulation

Discuss tools to aid in the modification and running of Rayman games.

Moderators: English moderators, Modding and utilities team

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Stormtrooper934
Moussu
Tings: 1000

Re: Rayman emulation

Post by Stormtrooper934 »

during loading times on Rayman 2 on project 64, it looks like this, and it's really distracting
http://prnt.sc/a3rd6s

Plugins:
Glide 64 2.0.0.5

Jabo's Directsound 1.7.0.7

N-Rage 2.4.0.4

RSP plugin 1.7.0.13

Any solutions?
RibShark
Feuillu
Tings: 1735

Post by RibShark »

ePSXe 2.0.0 is out and it's gone from being one of the least accurate emulators to the most accurate emulator currently available! I would recommend everyone use it from now on. The cool thing is for games like Rayman 1 you can set it to the "core" GPU plugin at 1x resolution (no polygonal upscaling), which will make it look native as most people would want from a 2D game (filters such as xBRZ can be applied), or for 3D games like Rayman 2, you have the choice of the "core" plugin, with support for upscaling (but forced dithering unfortunately), or the "OpenGL2 core" which can upscale, apply bilinear filtering to textures, and has no forced dithering. And with any of the graphics plugins, you can enable a widescreen hack, and subpixel precision, which removes the majority of the polygon jitter that you would usually encounter in PS1 games.
Fifo
Joe
Tings: 78350

Post by Fifo »

The ePSXe site is inaccessible to me.

EDIT: Strike that, it’s working, just very slow
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

RibShark wrote:ePSXe 2.0.0 is out and it's gone from being one of the least accurate emulators to the most accurate emulator currently available! I would recommend everyone use it from now on. The cool thing is for games like Rayman 1 you can set it to the "core" GPU plugin at 1x resolution (no polygonal upscaling), which will make it look native as most people would want from a 2D game (filters such as xBRZ can be applied), or for 3D games like Rayman 2, you have the choice of the "core" plugin, with support for upscaling (but forced dithering unfortunately), or the "OpenGL2 core" which can upscale, apply bilinear filtering to textures, and has no forced dithering. And with any of the graphics plugins, you can enable a widescreen hack, and subpixel precision, which removes the majority of the polygon jitter that you would usually encounter in PS1 games.
Hey, that is pretty cool to hear! I will download it right now. :D
OCG
Le Capitaine
Tings: 9905

Post by OCG »

Would be cool if you recorded test videos like you did with Dolphin emulator recently.
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
Harpic fraîcheur
Lums
Tings: 30

Post by Harpic fraîcheur »

Does anyone here have an ISO of the Japanese version of Rayman 2 Dreamcast ?

I can't find one anywhere ... :?
Une nouvelle vague de fraîcheur, Harpic fraîcheur verte ! :D
Image Image
Harpic fraîcheur
Lums
Tings: 30

Post by Harpic fraîcheur »

No, I don't learn Japanese, I want to take screenshots of this version of the game for the RayWiki.
Une nouvelle vague de fraîcheur, Harpic fraîcheur verte ! :D
Image Image
raymandesigner
Ptizêtre en or
Tings: 896

Post by raymandesigner »

Atari jaguar Can't Play And Can't Clear Very Petulance My 2Emulators Virtual Jaguar And Project Tempest 0.95 Version On the right Crashed Problem Solution
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

Yesterday night I decided to give a shot to BlueStacks, which is an Android emulator but with the possibility to link your Google Account. Rayman Classic and Rayman Fiesta Run seem to run fine but sadly, Jungle Run and Adventures are very speeded up for me.
OCG
Le Capitaine

Post by OCG »

Haruka, have you tried to change affinity for BlueStacks in Task manager to run it with less processors? Maybe it will prevent games to be too fast.

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

Tried out other emulator named Nox and while Jungle Run runs ok and Adventures aswell, the colours are odd and it doesn't seem possible to change anything in the settings in order to fix this.
OCG
Le Capitaine

Post by OCG »

Can you show screenshot of it how colours look?

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

Fifo
Joe
Tings: 78350

Post by Fifo »

I think it looks even nicer when it’s blue!
OCG
Le Capitaine

Post by OCG »

Hmm, I did not imagine it would look like this. So it seems emulator only has trouble displaying some colours correctly while most are normal. I don't think anything can be done to fix it and that emulator needs to be updated. Did creator of emulator leave his contact information somewhere? Maybe you could report it to him.

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
sora_irino
Lums Rouge
Tings: 60

Post by sora_irino »

rayman classic on android works perfectly!!! playing on bluestacks 2. it can be purchased on google play even if you are on emulator i think.

game seems to be playable. framerate seems kinda iffy, its stable though! i dont think its hardware either because fallout shelter and other games run at full speed.

also you can map keyboard to digital dpad through bluestacks. honestly i recommend this version if you play on pc. it has most of the good stuff from ps1. much better than rayman forever and i think i will play on android from now on.

also i noticed they added new dialogue to the game. rayman says when idle. it scared the crap out of me LOL!!!

some stuff he says: "hey you" "yo dude" "i'm waiting" "ahem". i can record later maybe if people want to see?
RayCarrot
Tily
Tings: 36217

Post by RayCarrot »

The dialogue is the same as from the PC version, pretty much the whole game is a port of the PC version.