The posts in a day record will take place from August 23, 11 PM to August 24, 11 PM (UTC+2).
During this day, you will earn thrice as many Tings as usual by posting, plus extra rewards up to 6000 Tings. We count on you to be here and post as much as you can in order to beat the previous 32252 posts record!
Time left before the record: 1 days 4 hours 8 minutes 8 seconds.

Rayman 2 - Texture Hacking - Tutorial!

Discuss tools to aid in the modification and running of Rayman games.

Moderators: English moderators, Modding and utilities team

ICUP321
Obus à Pattes
Tings: 385

Re: Rayman 2 - Texture Hacking - Tutorial!

Post by ICUP321 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:08 am

absynthe1812 wrote:I'm new when it comes to all this so I'm not really sure what I'm doing... but when I used XnView to view the textures, they are all .gf files and no image shows up in the program. Does anyone know what I'm supposed to do?

Edit: Also when I run Convert_all.bat, there is a message under each line saying "'gf2.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file."
Try running the Convert_all.bat as Administrator.

Also, now that this topic is active, I think I should point out that I made another mod. Dark Rayman from Rayman Arena was requested by OldClassicGamer but no one did it for some reason despite it being easy to make: There are also two more mods I'm working on, one of them is finished but I haven't uploaded game-play of it yet.
Last edited by PluMGMK on Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please don't double-post in such quick succession.

angzaf13
Flabard
Tings: 160

Re: Rayman 2 - Texture Hacking - Tutorial!

Post by angzaf13 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:56 am

Hello i was trying to do an insanely High Quality Rayman 2 HD texture Project using an AI and i wanted to see how they would look up in-game, everything goes fine, i repack the Textures.cnt without any issue and then after the first loading screen in rayman 2, it crashes everytime.

Do you know if R2 has a max texture size allowed by the engine? or the textures have to be in 16-Bit format in order for the game to recognize them?
Thanks in advance
-Hakyra