Better Rayman 3

Discuss tools to aid in the modification and running of Rayman games.

Moderators: English moderators, Modding and utilities team

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Re: Rayman 3: Widescreen Patch

Post by Master »

Shadorino wrote: Well, the HD remake has higher resolution textures, and much higher quality cutscenes. If the HD version could come to PC, we would have even better cutscenes (as long as they use Bink2), even higher resolution textures, and 120+ fps (the engine default is 72 fps, you can go higher but it'll break some physics mechanics)
That's fair enough, though I feel that having a less visually appealing PC version is better than a spruced up but less functional port.

Apologies for the earlier abrasiveness, my mood hasn't been the best today.
RayCarrot
Tily
Tings: 36217

Post by RayCarrot »

I'm quite sure the PC version already runs in higher resolution than the HD version. I think the HD version runs at 720p and the PC I'm quite sure can run in 1080p (correct me if I'm wrong), so the sound quality would really be the only difference and the HD versions has some graphical glitches as well...
Shadorino
Ptizêtre en or
Tings: 830

Post by Shadorino »

Master wrote:
Shadorino wrote: Well, the HD remake has higher resolution textures, and much higher quality cutscenes. If the HD version could come to PC, we would have even better cutscenes (as long as they use Bink2), even higher resolution textures, and 120+ fps (the engine default is 72 fps, you can go higher but it'll break some physics mechanics)
That's fair enough, though I feel that having a less visually appealing PC version is better than a spruced up but less functional port.

Apologies for the earlier abrasiveness, my mood hasn't been the best today.
That's ok ^^
There's a couple of things I don't like about the HD port they did, that I would like to be fixed/changed back. Off the top of my head, these : http://raymanpc.com/wiki/en/Rayman_3_HD ... ot_gallery
The pause Menu and HUD assets have been redone in the HD remake as well. They are in higher resolution and optimized for widescreen.

I've noticed that the PC version has the water animations running way too fast, it's unrealistic compared to the console versions. They are running at the same frame rate as the rest of the game, when it should be at 30 fps.
These areas : http://i11b.3djuegos.com/juegos/7057/ra ... 477314.jpg
are zoomed in, the camera is too close to Rayman on PC compared to the console versions.
And one other minor thing, during the Begoniax fight, there's a special track that plays only on the PS2 and GameCube versions : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bjvAzBD5S4&t=2m18s

Obvious bugs/glitches/badly coded stuff is a trademark in Ubisoft games, especially PC ports.
Shadorino
Ptizêtre en or

Post by Shadorino »

Carrot-master wrote:I'm quite sure the PC version already runs in higher resolution than the HD version. I think the HD version runs at 720p and the PC I'm quite sure can run in 1080p (correct me if I'm wrong), so the sound quality would really be the only difference and the HD versions has some graphical glitches as well...
Yes the HD version runs at 720p. The PC version can go pretty much north 4K I think. I played it at 2560x1440. The game is also compatible with anti-aliasing through the NVIDIA control panel. 16xQ CSAA is awesome
gamerz31w
Ptizêtre Vert
Tings: 1365

Post by gamerz31w »

I can't find anisotropic settings and anti-alliasting in my Nvidia Control Panel.My grapic card is Nvidia GeForce 550 Ti
Shadorino
Ptizêtre en or

Post by Shadorino »

Some settings may be disabled on lower end cards
Last edited by Shadorino on Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RibShark
Feuillu
Tings: 1735

Post by RibShark »

I would love to see Rayman 3 HD ported to PC but that I doubt it will happen. Meanwhile I'll keep working on my patch (current I'm making a replacement Configuration program to allow for changing more options and widescreen) and just hope that they change their minds.
RayCarrot
Tily

Post by RayCarrot »

RibShark wrote:I would love to see Rayman 3 HD ported to PC but that I doubt it will happen. Meanwhile I'll keep working on my patch (current I'm making a replacement Configuration program to allow for changing more options and widescreen) and just hope that they change their minds.
Will you put in so you can turn on/off TnL? Cause it would be quite helpful to easily be able to do so
RibShark
Feuillu

Post by RibShark »

Carrot-master wrote:
RibShark wrote:I would love to see Rayman 3 HD ported to PC but that I doubt it will happen. Meanwhile I'll keep working on my patch (current I'm making a replacement Configuration program to allow for changing more options and widescreen) and just hope that they change their minds.
Will you put in so you can turn on/off TnL? Cause it would be quite helpful to easily be able to do so
Of course I will! That is one of my main motivations for making it (the other being the ability to select widescreen resolutions).

Something strange I found today is that dgVoodoo can now convert DX8 to DX11. This does work with Rayman 3, but TnL has the opposite effect (TnL=1 works, TnL=0 causes missing textures). So putting the option in is important in case other people on certain systems have this problem.

Other stuff I will include is per user configuration (by storing ubi.ini in AppData, so no more running as Admin), automatic widescreen patch, and possibly DX9 and DX11 converters.
RayCarrot
Tily

Post by RayCarrot »

Sounds great :D Looking forward to the patch!
gamerz31w
Ptizêtre Vert

Post by gamerz31w »

Is it like setting up colours brithness,gamma.In Half-Life 2 it's more simple to select anti-aliasting shaders.
deton24
Garatta Ciatik
Tings: 8652

Post by deton24 »

Shadorino wrote:
Master wrote:Considering that thanks to the efforts of members in this community, the PC version can be made to run at 1080p with no game breaking glitches. I don't see why anyone would want that shoddy excuse for a port.
Well, the HD remake has higher resolution textures, and much higher quality cutscenes. If the HD version could come to PC, we would have even better cutscenes (as long as they use Bink2), even higher resolution textures, and 120+ fps (the engine default is 72 fps, you can go higher but it'll break some physics mechanics)
You know, this cutscenes haven't been rendered again, or taken from some HD resolution source. They're just upscaled ones, maybe with good bitrate, and no stretching the proportion, just it. I achieve better quality than in PS3 ones, with PS2 cutscenes, up scaled with special program for up scaling named Video Enchancer, using super resolution and with options for filtering distortions. For example it's nice trick to watch your movies in 4K, if current 4k TVs don't use super resolution (recovering quality during upscaling), I don't know like it is now in those TVs, but some Philips had it some longer time ago - super resolution. Even my current FHD TV has it, but it completely doesn't work.
gamerz31w
Ptizêtre Vert

Post by gamerz31w »

Honestly from my monitor LG Flatron IPS7LY Rayman 3 has problems with text is postponed below screen.
RibShark
Feuillu

Post by RibShark »

21:9 soon™
anaphasiia
Ptizêtre Ninja
Tings: 3495

Post by anaphasiia »

I have a 21:9 monitor, so that would be awesome. :mrgreen:
gamerz31w
Ptizêtre Vert

Post by gamerz31w »

cinema screen
RibShark
Feuillu

Post by RibShark »

I have added a new version of the patch that should work on all screen resolutions! Please test and tell me if there is anything wrong.
IIITA
Moussu
Tings: 1055

Post by IIITA »

RibShark wrote:I have added a new version of the patch that should work on all screen resolutions! Please test and tell me if there is anything wrong.
Thank you for this. You are awesome.
I tried it in Windows 10 Pro 64bit build 1511 and latest updates as of 28 Feb. 2016 with the resolution 1600x900, worked perfect along with Shadorino's bik videos.

I am also looking forward to Shadorino's Wide screen biks of Rayman M , hoping he will solve the aspect raio factor of Rayman M cutscene videos.
http://raymanpc.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 1#p1126824