Better Rayman 3

Discuss tools to aid in the modification and running of Rayman games.

Moderators: English moderators, Modding and utilities team

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Shadorino
Ptizêtre en or
Tings: 830

Re: Better Rayman 3

Post by Shadorino »

I just realized, this patch renders my cutscene mod useless. The aspect ratio is completely screwed up. I won't have the time to dive into this before the end of July.
ICUP321
Bébé Globox
Tings: 625

Post by ICUP321 »

Oh yeah, that reminds me, I found another bug RibShark. Whenever I try to configure the Outer Dead Zone on the BR3Config, it doesn't save at all for some reason (so it stays stuck on low), even when I run it as Administrator. Everything else works on the config though.
RibShark
Feuillu
Tings: 1735

Post by RibShark »

Good news! With the help of some information provided by the GitHub user elishacloud, I have been able to locate a solution to all (I believe) the TnL issues in the game! Once I add this to Better Rayman 3, enabling TnL will be strongly recommended as it will allow the game to run much more smoothly without causing issues such as missing textures, missing effects or orange flashes!

The really annoying thing is, this can be fixed by just flipping TWO BITS in Rayman3.exe. Amazing how something so small can cause an issue so large :P
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

So it was entirely Ubi's fault? Programming mistake or corruption in master copy? :P
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

You never cease to amaze, Rib. Congratulations on another well done find and fix!
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

Wow, I will be looking forward to that, Rib! :D Congratulations too!
Harpic fraîcheur
Lums
Tings: 30

Post by Harpic fraîcheur »

Good job Rib. ;)
Une nouvelle vague de fraîcheur, Harpic fraîcheur verte ! :D
Image Image
RibShark
Feuillu

Post by RibShark »

I've updated the patch with full XInput support, even in menus, and completely fixed graphics. Give it a try! (Side note, your settings might be reset after installing this build. Please reconfigure them. Enable Hardware Vertex Processing which is just Transform and Lighting renamed, but also fixed graphics-wise).
ICUP321
Bébé Globox
Tings: 625

Post by ICUP321 »

I think you accidentally re-uploaded an older version, because I'm not seeing any improvements and also this error is back:
http://i.imgur.com/6x5cSgD.png

Edit: Yep, this is definitely an older version. I think I had version 1.33 installed, but this downgraded me back to version 1.32.
Last edited by ICUP321 on Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
RibShark
Feuillu

Post by RibShark »

ICUP321 wrote:I think you accidentally re-uploaded an older version, because I'm not seeing any improvements and also this error is back:
http://i.imgur.com/6x5cSgD.png
So I did! Thank you for telling me. I've replaced it with the actual new version, so download it again and it should be good.
Shadorino
Ptizêtre en or

Post by Shadorino »

Terrific work as usual.
I really should get back to the cutscene patch, as it no longer works now. Did you ever found a way to make the game accept cutscenes with a resolution higher than 515x512 ?
Shadorino
Ptizêtre en or

Post by Shadorino »

I've updated the controller support guide : viewtopic.php?f=13&t=23430
glutenfreefox
Lums
Tings: 25

Post by glutenfreefox »

Hey, I dunno whether it's ok for me to post here or if I should make a new thread, so here it goes.
Is it possible that this fix screwed up my game settings a bit? I found this patch because the game wouldn't let me change language, no matter which one I chose in the settings - I wanted to try out English dialogue. Thanks to the patch I could - with the addition of widescreen and better graphics, wooho! Except, when I wanted to switch back to another language (Italian), I couldn't. The setup page tells me I chose Italian - both the setup on my pc and the one on the disk, but the game always loads in English no matter what. I uninstalled the patch and nothing changed + the game would try to run in fullscreen anyway, messing things up. Uninstalling & reinstalling the game itself doesn't do anything either. Same story with the messed up widescreen + english language. I'm really perplexed, and would be super grateful for any help! :boon:
Harpic fraîcheur
Lums
Tings: 30

Post by Harpic fraîcheur »

You should try to manually edit the ubi.ini Rayman 3 file to fix this problem.
Une nouvelle vague de fraîcheur, Harpic fraîcheur verte ! :D
Image Image
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

You have to use the patch's own setup tool to change the language. The one that comes with the game won't work anymore.
glutenfreefox
Lums

Post by glutenfreefox »

@Harpic, I don't have that file anywhere in the Rayman 3 folders :/ only files called "ubi" are a video with the logo and a link to their site. The only .ini files I seem to have are d3d8.ini (which seems to be a Better Rayman 3 file) and several other ones named as the available languages; all they seem to do, however, is report translations for the options you can choose in the setup/config. Nothing else.

@Plum: that's the problem - I've been using BR3_Config.exe (I even tried running it with administrator privileges). It seems to remember that I chose Italian, but the game will start in English anyway.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

I see. Well, your Ubi.ini should be somewhere in %APPDATA% I think. By default it's in C:\Windows\Ubisoft, but the patch redirects it. If the setup tool on the disc isn't working, it means the redirection is still in effect.
glutenfreefox
Lums

Post by glutenfreefox »

Alright!! I found an ubi.ini fine in C:\Windows\Ubisoft and another around Appdata. Apparently what had gone wrong is that the one in Appdata had set language as "Italiano" instead of "Italian". Maybe the game didn't recognize it and went with the default one? Anyhow it's fixed now, thank you so much!! I was about to give up completely. :D :D
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

I guess that's the problem! Well, that's a bug with Better Rayman 3 then, that its setup tool writes the wrong value into the Ubi.ini.
RibShark
Feuillu

Post by RibShark »

Huh, that's pretty weird. The game should accept both "Italiano" and "Italian" according to my testing.