Better Rayman 3

Discuss tools to aid in the modification and running of Rayman games.

Moderators: English moderators, Modding and utilities team

danylopez123
Électoon
Tings: 15

Re: Better Rayman 3

Post by danylopez123 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:20 pm

RibShark wrote: I've never heard of an issue like that happening before. Could you try going to the folder "%APPDATA%\UbiSoft" and copying the "ubi.ini" file to "C:\Windows\Ubisoft"?
So, i did what you told me, i went to the appdata/UbiSoft, copied the ubi.ini, pasted it to C:\Windows\Ubisoft, but sadly, this didint fixed the thing

Edit: Nvm, i found a solution by myself, sorry if i disturbed you a little

First, i did what you told me, but i tried to rename Rayman3.exe to something else, double clicking the .exe brings me to the settings, but after im done with it, its telling me the same thing of installing Rayman3

Obiously, i tried to run it as an administrator, the settings what i was having from "%APPDATA%\UbiSoft" is there, but they dont change from "C:\Windows\Ubisoft"

So, everytime i change some settings i have to copy again the .ini and paste it, not so annoying for me, but still works

RibShark
Électoon
Tings: 0

Post by RibShark » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:02 pm

danylopez123 wrote:
RibShark wrote: I've never heard of an issue like that happening before. Could you try going to the folder "%APPDATA%\UbiSoft" and copying the "ubi.ini" file to "C:\Windows\Ubisoft"?
So, i did what you told me, i went to the appdata/UbiSoft, copied the ubi.ini, pasted it to C:\Windows\Ubisoft, but sadly, this didint fixed the thing

Edit: Nvm, i found a solution by myself, sorry if i disturbed you a little

First, i did what you told me, but i tried to rename Rayman3.exe to something else, double clicking the .exe brings me to the settings, but after im done with it, its telling me the same thing of installing Rayman3

Obiously, i tried to run it as an administrator, the settings what i was having from "%APPDATA%\UbiSoft" is there, but they dont change from "C:\Windows\Ubisoft"

So, everytime i change some settings i have to copy again the .ini and paste it, not so annoying for me, but still works
It seems the Application Compatiblity Toolkit fix isn't being applied for some reason. I could try and implement it in the DLL instead, which should work, but it might be complicated.

CHRdutch
Bzzit
Tings: 23280

Post by CHRdutch » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:12 pm

Is it possible to play this version of the game without Directplay?
YouTube:https://www.youtube.com/user/CHRdutch
Ambidextroid wrote:< was in such a rush < had no time for breakfast, so < took a fistful of corn flakes and stuffed them in <'s mouth, then poured milk over the top. It worked but it drizzled milk all over <'s front...
Record Day 2015 madness

Shadorino
Mouru
Tings: 830

Post by Shadorino » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:46 pm

CHRdutch wrote:Is it possible to play this version of the game without Directplay?
Yes, by using dgVoodoo.

RibShark
Électoon

Post by RibShark » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:31 pm

Shadorino wrote:
CHRdutch wrote:Is it possible to play this version of the game without Directplay?
Yes, by using dgVoodoo.
Does that actually work? If so, that's pretty interesting.

In any case, you should just be able to install DirectPlay through the optional features dialog.

CHRdutch
Bzzit

Post by CHRdutch » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:46 pm

RibShark wrote:
Shadorino wrote:
Yes, by using dgVoodoo.

In any case, you should just be able to install DirectPlay through the optional features dialog.
I've tried almost everything but Directplay keeps giving me the middle finger. :grrrrrr:

I hope dgVoodoo works.
Ambidextroid wrote:< was in such a rush < had no time for breakfast, so < took a fistful of corn flakes and stuffed them in <'s mouth, then poured milk over the top. It worked but it drizzled milk all over <'s front...
Record Day 2015 madness

RibShark
Électoon

Post by RibShark » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:51 pm

Technically, Rayman 3 shouldn't even need DirectPlay, but the developers forgot to remove the code that used it when they ported it from Rayman Arena. It's strange how it won't install for you anyway.

Shadorino
Mouru

Post by Shadorino » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:55 pm

RibShark wrote:
Shadorino wrote:
Yes, by using dgVoodoo.

Yep it does work, I tried it out a few months ago. It's a DirectX 8 game after all, no reason why it shouldn't work :wink:

RibShark
Électoon

Post by RibShark » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:32 pm

I've updated the patch to hopefully fix issues people were having with missing DLL files (not including DirectPlay) and the like.

CHRdutch
Bzzit

Post by CHRdutch » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:41 pm

deton24 wrote:How to enable direct play
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6XYyGB-Tn3g
Maybe it'll help anyhow.
Record Day 2015 madness

Shadorino
Mouru

Post by Shadorino » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:00 am

I think CHRdutch knows how to enable DirectPlay, but it just doesn't work, hence his original question. Correct ?

CHRdutch
Bzzit

Post by CHRdutch » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:54 pm

Shadorino wrote:I think CHRdutch knows how to enable DirectPlay, but it just doesn't work, hence his original question. Correct ?
Record Day 2015 madness

Shadorino
Mouru

Post by Shadorino » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:08 am

So, did dgVoodoo worked for you ?

CHRdutch
Bzzit

Post by CHRdutch » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:29 am

Actually, I haven't tried it yet. :oops2:
Record Day 2015 madness

RibShark
Électoon

Post by RibShark » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:44 pm

I've updated the Better Rayman 3 to use a different patching method. Hopefully this will work nicely. I have tested this on Windows 10 and Windows XP, so there should be no issues, but if there are any, please tell me. It can also be uninstalled now, for those wanting that to be added.

CHRdutch
Bzzit

Post by CHRdutch » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:52 pm

DgVoodoo didn't seem to help :(
Record Day 2015 madness

Shadorino
Mouru

Post by Shadorino » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:04 am

CHRdutch wrote:DgVoodoo didn't seem to help :(
How so ?

I wrote that for IIITA when we were talking about Rayman M.
Did you proceed like this ?

"Place the "dgVoodooSetup" EXE as well as the content (not the folder) of the "MS" folder in the Rayman 3 installation directory.
Run dgVoodooSetup as an administrator, and you'll see this : http://i.imgur.com/eeL47vs.png
Click on the symbol circled in red to select the Rayman 3 folder you are currently in.
Then click on "DirectX", put the VRAM on "1024 MB", set up your resolution, and use "Antialiasing" if you want (forcing antialiasing in the NVIDIA control panel will not work, so you have to set it up here). Hit "Apply" then "OK"."

CHRdutch
Bzzit

Post by CHRdutch » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:43 pm

>Unpack dgVoodoo stuff
>Configure dgVoodoo
>Hit Ok and Apply
>Start Rayman 3
>...

ooh.PNG
ooh.PNG (6.6 KiB) Viewed 1269 times
Record Day 2015 madness

Shadorino
Mouru

Post by Shadorino » Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:29 am

Son of a bitch…
I disabled DirectPlay and tried to launch the game with dgVoodoo, it doesn't work either. Even with the latest Better Rayman 3 installer.
F*cking game…

It is weird though that you can't enable DirectPlay. I could do it on Windows 8 as well as 10.
What version of Windows are you running ? 8,10, Home, Pro ?