Rayman 1 sound problems

Discuss tools to aid in the modification and running of Rayman games.

Moderators: English moderators, Modding and utilities team

IIITA
Mouru
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:08 pm
Tings: 820

Re: Rayman 1 sound problems

Postby IIITA » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:32 pm

Blok2004 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:57 pm wrote:Does anyone know how to fix the sound in Rayman 1?
The patch doesn't seem to work and i would like to play the game with the music.

If anyone can give me a hand i would be most grateful
Thanks

Does no one have an answer for this????


Ahhh, this issue IS OBSOLTE now but still attracts my attention to try this "in Windows 10 Pro 64 bit".

Let's start;
1. Used "Pok2 patch" to install the game.
OK it worked to install the game to; C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Rayman without any compatibility settings.
2. With game CD inserted into the CD drive, double clicked the desktop icon.
3. Game started but NO MUSIC !! though some game effect sounds worked such as "hyaaa" when selecting the menu item.
4. Maybe dosbox version did this problem, I replaced three files SDL_net.dll, SDL.dll and dosbox.exe in the installed folder by ones of DosBox v0.74.
5. Ran the game. OK I got "background music" from game CD soundtrack.

If this is his case, Pok2 patch is the cause of the problem using OLD DosBox version I guess.

P.S. Pok2 patch (OLD one) is still available through his archived HP;

Code: Select all

http://web.archive.org/web/20110722152913/http://rayman.bonusweb.cz/patches/


Hope this helps others still wanting to have fun in new 64 bit OSs.
Last edited by IIITA on Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

Master
Rayman Origins
Posts: 49262
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:14 am
Location: Somewhere specific, I'd assume.
Tings: 395620

Re: Rayman 1 sound problems

Postby Master » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:25 am

Oh wow, Pok2, that's a name I haven't heard in years. Whatever happened to them, I wonder? I used to like browsing their Rayman fansite.
Image

IIITA
Mouru
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:08 pm
Tings: 820

Re: Rayman 1 sound problems

Postby IIITA » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:02 am

Master wrote:Oh wow, Pok2, that's a name I haven't heard in years. Whatever happened to them, I wonder? I used to like browsing their Rayman fansite.


Ya, me too used to browsing his site, but now he's in history;(sad)

Code: Select all

http://web.archive.org/web/20110722152941/http://rayman.bonusweb.cz/

raymandesigner
Reclu
Posts: 131
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:07 am
Tings: 656

Re: Rayman 1 sound problems

Postby raymandesigner » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:14 am

IIITA wrote:
Master wrote:Oh wow, Pok2, that's a name I haven't heard in years. Whatever happened to them, I wonder? I used to like browsing their Rayman fansite.


Ya, me too used to browsing his site, but now he's in history;(sad)

Code: Select all

http://web.archive.org/web/20110722152941/http://rayman.bonusweb.cz/


http://rayman.bonusweb.cz/
http://web.archive.org/web/20110722152941
2 Links Click Unable To Open Link My Internet Crashed Helpme

IIITA
Mouru
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:08 pm
Tings: 820

Re: Rayman 1 sound problems

Postby IIITA » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:45 am

raymandesigner wrote:
http://rayman.bonusweb.cz/
http://web.archive.org/web/20110722152941
2 Links Click Unable To Open Link My Internet Crashed Helpme


A, ah, I posted the link wrapped in "CODE".
Just click "select all" and copy the whole link and paste it to your browser's URL column, then you'll get to the archived page.


Return to “Modding and utilities”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests