Rayman 2 PC Widescreen Patch (16:9, 16:10, 21:9, 32:9, ..) | PC 32 bit depth fix | + widescreen for DC, PSX, PS2

Discuss tools to aid in the modification and running of Rayman games.

Moderators: English moderators, Modding and utilities team

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
JohnnyGui
Lums Vert
Tings: 95

Re: Rayman 2 PC Widescreen Patch Update (16:9, 16:10, 21:9, 32:9, ..) | PC 32 bit depth fix | + widescreen for DC, PSX,

Post by JohnnyGui »

deton24 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:02 am Copy ubi.ini from the package linked above and set Vulkan renderer in nGlide configurator as well.

Or PM me around Saturday 16:00 (GMT+2) and I can help you on TeamViewer if it's still the same.
Thanks. I just noticed something. The game crashes even if I launch it in its original state right after installation without changing any files. So the widescreen customization is not the cause. I have also tried your linked ubi.ini along with changing to Vulkan but no avail. Installing nGlide 2.10 and trying out every possible compatibility mode for the.exe file also doesn't help.

It seems that Windows 10 itself is the cause of the crashing for some reason. What Windows 10 build do you have?
deton24
Garatta Ciatik
Tings: 8652

Re: Rayman 2 PC Widescreen Patch Update (16:9, 16:10, 21:9, 32:9, ..) | PC 32 bit depth fix | + widescreen for DC, PSX,

Post by deton24 »

The guy who had this problem had a recent W10 build for the day of his post. Should be findable on Wikipedia.

He had exactly the same. The game wasn't working even after clean installation. IMHO the problem is the newest GOG release which has some new changes.

You can move your game folder to desktop. Especially if it was in C:\GOG.
Eventually try to use path without spaces in folder names.

You can also check out DgVoodoo Glide, but probably it won't work too.

If still nothing, check whether this one works:
https://disk.yandex.com/d/R97ROA5MkUjdzg
edit 2023 or this with newer widescreen
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Pr8MYK ... sp=sharing
(but both probably with 16:10 patch, or at least the latter)
ICUP321
Bébé Globox
Tings: 625

Re: Rayman 2 PC Widescreen Patch (16:9, 16:10, 21:9, 32:9, ..) | PC 32 bit depth fix | + widescreen for DC, PSX, PS2

Post by ICUP321 »

So I decided to make a few personal changes to Automaniak's Rayman 2 widescreen patch. The changes I made were so that the FOV and horizontal aspect ratio value match very closely to that of the original 4:3 aspect ratio. They're not exactly identical, but I think I've gotten it to the point where it looks almost identical.
Here's a comparison:
4:3

16:9

My widescreen patch is 16:9 only and has only been tested on the GOG version, but if anyone wants to try adapting it for other aspect ratios/versions, feel free to do so.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/rfptt7ux ... ix.7z/file