Rayman 2 PC Widescreen Patch (16:9, 16:10, 21:9, 32:9, ..) | PC 32 bit depth fix | + widescreen for DC, PSX, PS2

Discuss tools to aid in the modification and running of Rayman games.

Moderators: English moderators, Modding and utilities team

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
JohnnyGui
Lums Vert
Tings: 95

Re: Rayman 2 Widescreen Patch (16:9, 16:10)

Post by JohnnyGui »

deton24 wrote:Yep, DC version rocks. It's prettier, more complex, and allows to emulate on Android with Reicast.
Turn your tablet to handheld game console.
Though, widescreen doesn't work too good, but 4:3 on 9,7'' IPS looks amazing.
Only touch controls are not so comfortable. And don't forget about two buttons above X,O,Tr,D buttons.
I don't know why but I really can't seem to get used to the Island in where you select a level to go to. It might be nitpicking but I really like the Hall of Doors
way more and that's why I'm really having an OCD about fixing this glitch with widescreen. :P
Fifo
Joe
Tings: 78350

Post by Fifo »

JohnnyGui wrote:I don't know why but I really can't seem to get used to the Island in where you select a level to go to. It might be nitpicking but I really like the Hall of Doors
way more and that's why I'm really having an OCD about fixing this glitch with widescreen. :P
I like the Isle of Doors more than the Hall of Doors.
Harpic fraîcheur
Lums
Tings: 30

Post by Harpic fraîcheur »

deton24 wrote:Yep, DC version rocks. It's prettier, more complex, and allows to emulate on Android with Reicast.
Turn your tablet to handheld game console.
Though, widescreen doesn't work too good, but 4:3 on 9,7'' IPS looks amazing.
Only touch controls are not so comfortable. And don't forget about two buttons above X,O,Tr,D buttons.
I think the widescreen of Rayman 2 DC is fine (and at least, there isn't glitches with the camera or any other problems). This version of Rayman 2 is probably the best one (if we don't count Revolution) ! :D
Une nouvelle vague de fraîcheur, Harpic fraîcheur verte ! :D
Image Image
deton24
Garatta Ciatik
Tings: 8642

Post by deton24 »

Maybe I don't really like Isle of Doors, though it's nice to see something different, and Rev is also different. There is no boring. One game can be so different. It's cool.
I think that in DC version to get proper 16:9, the displayed resolution must be non-panoramic and then it is stretched and that's how it works. Reicast's option of widescreen works like in nullDC, objects disaperas on the corners.
Harpic fraîcheur
Lums
Tings: 30

Post by Harpic fraîcheur »

deton24 wrote:Maybe I don't really like Isle of Doors, though it's nice to see something different, and Rev is also different. There is no boring. One game can be so different. It's cool.
The Isle of Doors isn't so famous yeah. I agree about that it's cool to see something different in the other versions of the game.
deton24 wrote:I think that in DC version to get proper 16:9, the displayed resolution must be non-panoramic and then it is stretched and that's how it works. Reicast's option of widescreen works like in nullDC, objects disaperas on the corners.
It's just me who didn't noticed the camera glithces when playing the DC version then. :oops2:
Une nouvelle vague de fraîcheur, Harpic fraîcheur verte ! :D
Image Image
JohnnyGui
Lums Vert

Post by JohnnyGui »

Unfortunately, I haven't received a PM from Szymski yet. Is there any other way I could access the unpackers extract the FOV value from the game?
deton24
Garatta Ciatik

Post by deton24 »

Szymski has his site. If you'll dig deeper, you should find links. But like I said, especially Szymski's tools probably do not allow to pack changed files back, but just unpack. At least you should be aware of such things.
Edit
Here you are
http://raymanpc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=23423
Last edited by deton24 on Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
JohnnyGui
Lums Vert

Post by JohnnyGui »

deton24 wrote:Szybki has his site. If you'll dig deeper, you should find links. But like I said, especially Szymski's tools probably do not allow to pack changed files back, but just unpack. At least you should be aware of such things.
Edit
Here you are
http://raymanpc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=23423
Thanks for the link. I was indeed aware about it not being able to pack it back but at least for now one would know the FOV value of the game? Don't know if it's then possible to change that value using a HEX Editor of the exe file. I'm really not a programmer so I could have no idea what Í'm talking about here.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102725

Post by PluMGMK »

Wait, such a thing as this exists? Cool beans! :D
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102725

Post by PluMGMK »

Textures are in CNTs. There are two tools that can unpack/repack them now IIRC.
IIITA
Moussu
Tings: 1055

Post by IIITA »

deton24 wrote:Widescreen Patch for Rayman 2
Method invented by RibShark, applied by AuToMaNiAk005.
Relies on replace modified Rayman2.exe having changed one hex value depending on proportions 16:9 or 16:10.
Here are a details:
Download:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/a4pf70
I have been a Rayman fan for years , and R2 is the one of my favourites in Rayman series.
So I need help from forum guys.
I recently update my PC Windows 10 Pro 64bit TH2 to Redstone, actually on 3 Aug. 2016.

Thing is about Rayman 2 TGE original one CD version retailed, not GOG's one.

When I ran R2 in W10 TH2, deton24's widescreen worked fine, but now in W10 Redstone I got this popup when launching his widescreen exe;

-Rayman2.exe (dtone24's wide) : compatibility No-compatibility or "Windows XP SP2" same result "Please insert the CD"
-GXSetup.exe : compatibility "Windows XP SP2" "Run as Admin"

and ubi.ini resides in the game installed directory;
[SYSTEM]
Test Sound=1
3DFX=0
MMX=1
Windows colors=34
CPU=13
Memory=1023

[RAYMANM]
Language=English
Gli_Mode=1 - 1600 x 900 x 32
TnL=1
TriLinear=0
Identifier=CE10A3AA-1935-4C5A-A281-9D0C02AB6AA1
Video_BPP=32
Video_WantedQuality=0
Video_AutoAdjustQuality=1
VignettesFile=Vignette.cnt
TexturesFile=Tex32.cnt
TexturesCompressed=0
Adapter=0
Video_RealQuality=1

[OSD]
Valid=TRUE

[INSTALLED PRODUCTS]
rayman2

[rayman2]
GLI_DllFile=GliDX6
GLI_Dll=DirectX6
GLI_Driver=\\.\DISPLAY1
GLI_Device=Direct3D HAL
GLI_Mode=1 - 1600 x 900 x 16
ShortCutDesktopName=C:\Users\--------\Desktop\To Play Rayman 2
ShortCutDirectory=C:\Users\--------\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Ubi Soft Games\Rayman 2
Language=English
Configuration=2
VolumeName=RAYMAN2
SrcDataPath=\
Directory=C:\UbiSoft\Rayman2\

I recognized that No-CD exe will be effected by OS status such as Windows XP, XP SP1, SP2 and Windows 7 or later OSs, sometomes same no-cd exe will not go requesting CD in certain OS although IT IS NO-CD exe worked in another OS.

Maybe this is the case.

I am not so aware of programing technique, so if anyone can devise No-CD Rayman2.exe with widescreen capability it would be very appreciated not only by me but also people who still like to have fun on Rayman 2 in the newest OS W10 Redstone.

As for Rayman 3;

http://raymanpc.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 54#p992390

This widescreen exe worked in W10 Pro 64bit Redstone edition, with the compatibility "Windows XP SP3".
Ubi.ini for R3;
[Rayman3]
Gli_Mode=1 - 1600 x 900 x 32
Adapter=0
TnL=1
TriLinear=1
Identifier=D7B71E3E-496B-11CF-9E63-7FB01FC2C435
DynamicShadows=0
StaticShadows=0
Video_BPP=32
Video_WantedQuality=2
Camera_VerticalAxis=5
Camera_HorizontalAxis=2
VignettesFile=Vignette.cnt
TexturesQuality=32
TexturesCompressed=0
Language=English
[Rayman Arena]
Video_WantedQuality=0
Video_RealQuality=0
Video_BPP=32
Last edited by IIITA on Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
deton24
Garatta Ciatik

Post by deton24 »

As said via PM, GOG should be free from that issue.

But, you can also try that:
http://www.howtogeek.com/230773/how-to- ... and-vista/

Actually have you inserted CD, or mounted eventually image? It worked for me some time ago on CD version.

And author of this fix is Ribshark, binary edited by Automaniak
Last edited by deton24 on Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IIITA
Moussu

Post by IIITA »

deton24 wrote:As said via PM, GOG should be free from that issue.

Actually you have inserted CD, or mounted eventually mounted image? It worked for me some time ago on CD version.
I used retail CD not GOG one, so I removed CD after the installation, then overwrote widescreen exe to the original cause I thought widescreen exe posted here is NO-CD one and does not need original CD like as I tried in W10 TH2 previously.

EDIT :
No,I did not use original retail CD that time.
I was wrong. Back that time I used Adsolution's "installed files";
http://raymanpc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7643
That's why CD was not requested, Adsolution's Rayman2.exe was alredy edited for No-CD use, I guess.

Even GOG one is not for widescreen play? I don(t know.

As for http://www.howtogeek.com/230773/how-to- ... and-vista/
I got confused. The widescreen exe posted here is NO-CD actually ? I had no problem with this widescreen exe to play R2 in previous W10 TH2 , the game started in widescreen without CD in the drive.
Yes it worked some time ago as you said but now in W10 Redstone it requests CD !! I need help stated in the post.

EDIT:
Abandoning widescreen , I can start the game using original Rayman2.exe with CD in the drive without any problem related with heck DRM of Ubi, but 4:3 aspect game screen in 1600x900 display. Very sad. Why not play in widescreen using 1600x900 monitor ?
Last edited by IIITA on Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
IIITA
Moussu

Post by IIITA »

deton24 wrote:Ahh, I get it.
We need to modify original retail version of binary.
This provided is modified GOG.
Do you still have it somewhere?
You can edit it following the steps in YT tutorial in post #1.
Exe is responsible for widescreen.
Oh thank you for the information to modify the exe for fitting to the new W10 Redstone update.
I do not have GOG's Rayman2, only have Retail CD and Official Patched one for fixing no CD problem even CD IS IN THE DRIVE, I think the latter one is obsolete released in 1999 !

Code: Select all

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7bs4bwd17vzdkv3/Rayman2_exes_two_types.rar
And I have your widescreen exe from the link in;
http://raymanpc.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 5#p1112812

Though I can use a hex editor, youtube tutorial is only for widescreen issue that you already posted and I got "Insert CD problem" from that file.
So I may still have the same "Insert CD" problem even following Ribshark's tutorial that I already said in the post ?

I need Actual No-CD exe with widescreen play capability in W10 Redstone as I experienced in W10 TH2.
deton24
Garatta Ciatik

Post by deton24 »

Maybe modified oryginal exe will work, because it is just one value to change, and at least it works now.
I don't know why that problem occurred, but at least retail exe works, or this patched, or both, I dont know which one works for you. Currently working modified one may be able to launch in widescreen.