Rayman 2 GOG PC - Moon Jump hack

Discuss tools to aid in the modification and running of Rayman games.

Moderators: English moderators, Modding and utilities team

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
szymski
Otto Psi
Tings: 6300

Rayman 2 GOG PC - Moon Jump hack

Post by szymski »

Hey folks!

I was bored today so I made a little hack for GOG.com edition of Rayman 2. Now you can fly wherever you want :D
I hope you enjoy ;)

Download link: http://szymekk.me/rayman2/rayman2moonjump.exe

Btw, you can donate me:
Paypal: https://www.paypal.me/szymekk
Bitcoin: 1BP8PEFxzVzdPgxayVG4d5Ft1DsdEGDPgt
Last edited by szymski on Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Good morning, that's a nice Tnetennba.
GOT4N
Photographe
Tings: 400

Re: Rayman 2 GOG PC - Moon Jump hack

Post by GOT4N »

Noice! :)
RayCarrot
Tily
Tings: 36217

Post by RayCarrot »

Cool! Will be able to see The Tomb of the Ancients secret on PC now :)
SpyroGuy
Céloche
Tings: 7416

Post by SpyroGuy »

(re-downloads GOG version) :D
SpyroGuy
Céloche

Post by SpyroGuy »

This thing is awesome!

Here's what I've witnessed with the help of it so far.

In The Top of the World, most of the wooden "outpost things" that Rayman is passing by with the chair are actually solid.

The very end of The Menhir Hills where the cutscene takes place during which Rayman jumps off the cliff does not have a solid geometry, BUT the portal stone is actually solid, so Rayman can stand on it even though that the whole surrounding cutscene area is "ghost" geometry. :mryellow:
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

Ooooh, nice. I gotta try this out sometime.
GOT4N
Photographe
Tings: 400

Post by GOT4N »

Carrot-master wrote:Cool! Will be able to see The Tomb of the Ancients secret on PC now :)
I already uploaded a video on this a year ago ^^
RayCarrot
Tily

Post by RayCarrot »

GOT4N wrote:
Carrot-master wrote:Cool! Will be able to see The Tomb of the Ancients secret on PC now :)
I already uploaded a video on this a year ago ^^
I have seen videos about it but I have always wanted to try it out for myself
RayCarrot
Tily

Post by RayCarrot »

I did a video showing of some cool things I found with the moonjump hack if anyone's interested:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kP3vr1VJ0pk
SpyroGuy
Céloche

Post by SpyroGuy »

Carrot-master wrote:I did a video showing of some cool things I found with the moonjump hack if anyone's interested:
Awesome sauce! I did some messing around myself yesterday as well, but for some reason The Crow's Nest is glitched. This may be because of the 100% save file I downloaded for the game as the cutscene randomly kills itself after a few of Razorbeard's first lines, right when the camera is supposed to show the ship from afar, the camera just randomly jumps out of Razorbeard's room and shows darkness while the cutscene stops proceeding, so I wasn't able to check the cutscene areas of that map out yet. It's basically the same cutscene glitch that you encountered in the video.

I found the random floating mini-Jano at the beginning of the Marshes too. What's up with the random teleporting around?
Were the developers of this game expecting people to randomly fly around with cheats throughout the level geometry, so they decided to troll us with this? xD

Ancel....it was probably his idea.
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

I really need to try this out myself, as I'm rather curious about that out of bounds teleporting.
RayCarrot
Tily

Post by RayCarrot »

SpyroGuy wrote:
Carrot-master wrote:I did a video showing of some cool things I found with the moonjump hack if anyone's interested:
Awesome sauce! I did some messing around myself yesterday as well, but for some reason The Crow's Nest is glitched. This may be because of the 100% save file I downloaded for the game as the cutscene randomly kills itself after a few of Razorbeard's first lines, right when the camera is supposed to show the ship from afar, the camera just randomly jumps out of Razorbeard's room and shows darkness while the cutscene stops proceeding, so I wasn't able to check the cutscene areas of that map out yet. It's basically the same cutscene glitch that you encountered in the video.
You mean the glitch I encountered in The Iron Mountains? I think if you disable the hack while the cutscene is running and then enable it afterwards it should work fine. Weird how I got two pirate ships when that happened to me :P
Master wrote:I really need to try this out myself, as I'm rather curious about that out of bounds teleporting.
It's quite annoying actually as I got teleported like five times when playing The Sanctuary of Stone and Fire. I don't think it has anything to do with being out of bounds as I was on the main path (except for in The Marshes of Awakening) but I'm not sure what triggers it. Though it's only when using the hack so it's definitely related to it somehow. Maybe an early version of some anti-cheat thing? Though it doesn't work very well in that case...
SpyroGuy
Céloche

Post by SpyroGuy »

Carrot-master wrote:
I don't think it has anything to do with being out of bounds as I was on the main path (except for in The Marshes of Awakening) but I'm not sure what triggers it. Though it's only when using the hack so it's definitely related to it somehow. Maybe an early version of some anti-cheat thing? Though it doesn't work very well in that case...
The Army of Ancel was already doing DRMish stuff before it was cool. xD
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

Meh, I don't think DRM would be Ancel's goal, he's the creative lead, not corporate.
Shrooblord
Mr Stone
Tings: 67030

Post by Shrooblord »

God, I love that so much! You've explored every thing I've always wanted to explore as a kid playing the game, trying to break myself through the game's boundaries. Excellent to see what's behind the scenes in some parts of the game. :D
Play Rayman Arena (PC) online with friends~! (Or here.)
Dart wrote:Sometimes life just comes out of nowhere and demands a lot of your attention.
raymanrules77
Garatta Ciatik
Tings: 8301

Post by raymanrules77 »

It says the file is harmful to my computer, does it contain a virus? I really don't want a virus infected computer :D
FC: 37.410 | CF: 106.089 | BOM: 87.419 | LOTLD: 116.948 | DOTK: 109.618 | LS: 41.570 | SBTC: 90.452 | HH: 100.000 | TOTL: 100.133

Total: 789.369
RayCarrot
Tily

Post by RayCarrot »

raymanrules77 wrote:It says the file is harmful to my computer, does it contain a virus? I really don't want a virus infected computer :D
If it's Chrome saying it when you're downloading it it shouldn't be any problem. I scanned it with AVG and it says it's fine.
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

Shrooblord wrote:
God, I love that so much! You've explored every thing I've always wanted to explore as a kid playing the game, trying to break myself through the game's boundaries. Excellent to see what's behind the scenes in some parts of the game. :D
Now this was an interesting view :P.
OCG
Le Capitaine
Tings: 9905

Post by OCG »

Any plans for non-GOG release of this hack?
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
RayCarrot
Tily

Post by RayCarrot »

I don't see why it wouldn't work on the non GOG version. It should be the same.