Project: UnLockRay ( ULR / REL )

Discuss tools to aid in the modification and running of Rayman games.

Moderators: English moderators, Modding and utilities team

Adsolution
Dora Dodemer
Tings: 5007

Re: Project: UnLockRay ( ULR / REL )

Post by Adsolution » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:21 am

Droolie wrote:adsolution pls make a raythreel
Yes!!

This is awesome.

Thank you for doing the dirty work, I'm all about creating the end-user experience. :mryellow:

incognito
Ratcognito
Tings: 15073

Post by incognito » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:38 pm

Now that could eventually lead us to an open sourced version of Rayman...

Droolie
Oumbr
Tings: 54340

Post by Droolie » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:04 am

Here's a super early release of R3MAP for those who want to try it out: https://mega.nz/#!wWgDQL7I!NzbGsnB7vcQr ... Vi7tXDjnMU
edit -> Please don't download this version as as of June, this is super old and I will be sharing a much more up to date version soon.

It works with both Rayman 3 and Rayman Arena, both for PC and Gamecube.

Includes the source and a build for those who don't want to install Unity (though all you can do with it is view the maps, not the object names and such which are visible from within the Unity editor). Read the readme for controls and command line arguments. Example command line usage:

Code: Select all

R3MAP -d ./R3_GC/GAMEDATABIN -l swamp_50 -m r3_gc
The source code is a bit messy, but I'll clean it up for the next version a bit most likely.
if you want to use it, you'll need to have the full GAMEDATAbin from the PC/GC version extracted somewhere and point the *.exe file to it (read the readme to see how). For Arena you need to point the exe to any of the FISHbin/MENUbin/TRIBebin subdirectories.

There's still a lot of stuff that doesn't work yet:
  • The transparent sorting sucks (parts of objects with alpha might appear in front of another object even if it is behind it, if their center is in front of that object) and I have no solution for it as of now.
  • Some objects aren't meant to be displayed, but my loader loads every object.
  • For every object, it also loads all of its possible "states" at the object position. For example, since Globox's bouncy plum juice bubbles are a "state"/accessory of the Globox object, each bubble has a Globox model and vice versa. You can make meshes invisible in Unity to see the individual states.
Stuff that has been fixed and will be in the next version:
  • When two textures are blended, they normally are blended with a different factor at different positions, but I haven't figured that out yet, so instead they're just blended with a constant factor over the whole model. edit -> figured it out, will be in the next version!
  • If there is a model that can have different textures/skins (like Rayman's body, or the sniper Hoodlums which can be normal or the blue elite variety), only one will be displayed. edit -> The next version will include a Unity editor script that allows you to swap skins if there are multiple.
Anyway, have fun! Time to take a little break...

EDIT -> New version is up! This one supports the PC version of both Rayman 3 and Arena as well as the gamecube versions. It also fixes a lot of bugs that were present in the previous version. Have fun!

EDIT 2 -> The lighting is next, and boy does it look pretty! Even though the light ranges and intensities are completely wrong.
Last edited by Droolie on Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Droolie
Oumbr
Tings: 54340

Post by Droolie » Sun May 06, 2018 2:15 am

Rayman 3: Revenge of the Matuvus

(PC version)

This change was done purely within the development version of my level viewer (i.e. not the version linked above) which now has a save button that saves all of the changes made to object positions, rotations and scale. As mentioned in the last edit of my previous post, it can also display lights, though they don't show perfectly because Unity light parameters are extremely limited for some reason. To simulate the game's lighting better I also implemented sector loading and unloading (which you can turn off if you want to view multiple level sectors/the whole level at the same time), which I think is pretty neat.

This is what that level looks like from the side btw (sector loading turned off):

Bonus pic (potential nightmare fuel): https://imgur.com/FoUE3AT

PluMGMK
Pizzicatta
Location: Tír an "Tuisil Ghinidigh" agus an "Mhodha Choinníollaigh"
Tings: 3715

Post by PluMGMK » Sun May 06, 2018 1:00 pm

Droolie wrote:Rayman 3: Revenge of the Matuvus
I knew it! Can you still score points from them though? :mrgreen:

Anyway, cool! :D I look forward to seeing what else you come up with!

The Jonster
Joe
Tings: 50650

Post by The Jonster » Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:59 pm

Omg, I feel like Plum now, I completely forgot to check this thread! :lol:
Seriously, though, that level editor looks amazing! I'll need to check it out myself sometime. :)
RAYMAN GO PLAY SOMEWHERE ELSE, I’M TRYING TO CONCENTRATE!!!
Steo wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:26 pm
^ reminds me of someone who can take a lot of criticism and still refuses to get angry with me. ^ is really friendly with others and < is actually impressed at this stage :)
R4Y_ANC3L wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:29 pm
Aaron wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:58 am
Oh yeah and happy birthday to Jonster :teuf:
Well, today isn't technically Jonster's birthday. You are wishing his Ting account a "Happy Birthday". :oops2:

Lord Asdi
Tribelle
Tings: 80

Post by Lord Asdi » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:19 am

Damn... This is exactly what i searched for! Good job Droolie! :up:

Have you already added a way to save the generated Meshes as prefabs or OBJ files in Unity?
Because i am currently modifying your code to do so.

Adamek2008
Matuvu
Tings: 115

Post by Adamek2008 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:33 am

It's Ok
Hello Guys I Like Rayman :) :) :) :)

Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 551985

Post by Hunchman801 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:13 pm

Droolie wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:11 am
Anyway, when it's finished this'll probably already be useful for Raywiki for maps and stuff (like for the two 2D minigames), or for beautiful third-person vistas from the normally top-down commando minigame :D
Well I'm a bit late to the party but I can't wait for RayWiki to be full of awesome images like that. 8)
Harpic fraîcheur wrote:一個婊子的兒子, 我要把你的媽媽搞怪這個大婊子!
Un fils d'aveugle, je veux blâmer ta mère pour ce grand scorpion!