Project: UnLockRay ( ULR / REL )

Discuss tools to aid in the modification and running of Rayman games.

Moderators: English moderators, Modding and utilities team

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Greeness
Aurora
Tings: 17030

Re: Project: UnLockRay ( ULR / REL )

Post by Greeness »

Yeah same thing here, though I think the only reason I actually liked it was because it was the only minigame where you can actually play rayman in a 3rd person view.
Rare Rayman images Drive folder:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Feel free to share any rare media that's missing.
SpyroGuy
Céloche
Tings: 7416

Post by SpyroGuy »

Greeness wrote:Yeah same thing here, though I think the only reason I actually liked it was because it was the only minigame where you can actually play rayman in a 3rd person view.
You mean 1st person view, right? Because literally all the other Rayman games are in 3rd person view, but you like this one for it's uniqueness of showing Rayman in...3rd person view? xD
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

I'm guessing he means of all the minigames in RRR. Though that's not entirely true, there's also the Bunnies have no sense of rhythm game.
incognito
Électoon
Tings: 0

Post by incognito »

To be honest the only thing I liked with RRR was the Rail Shooting minigames, aside I find it perfectly forgettable, I didn't even bother to finish it.
Droolie
Mr Sax
Tings: 61830

Post by Droolie »

I found the rail shooting minigames to be incredibly forgettable actually, though I guess they're the closest thing we have to Rayman actually fighting against the rabbids.
I think the minigames that I remember liking a bit were the one were you raced to deliver the exploding gift, the dancing minigames and the cow throwing one. For me, those form the "spirit" of RRR... not that it had any.
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

Oh yes, I hated the Exploding Gift miningame, the whole alternating thing with the analog sticks really wasn't comfortable. The dance minigames were fun, but I think it was more for the tracks than the minigame itself.
Droolie
Mr Sax
Tings: 61830

Post by Droolie »

The exploding gift minigame's controls were due to them porting the Wii's control scheme to other platforms - I thought it was alright on the Wii itself.
You're right about the dancing minigames though - it was definitely more about the tracks and the fact that it was a rhythm minigame. It was pretty badly made otherwise :P
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

Indeed, I do wonder whether the game would have been as successful and spawned the franchise it did if it weren't for the Rabbids. The minigames were decent, but nothing truly spectacular.
GOT4N
Photographe
Tings: 400

Post by GOT4N »

Yeah I loved dancing minigames, also, I managed to load a map select screen of RRR by calling a cheat function, but the problem is it only stays alive for two frames, before dissapearing..
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

I think I enjoyed that one too all right.
DarkShady
Lums
Tings: 35

Post by DarkShady »

:cry:
GOT4N wrote:Yeah I loved dancing minigames, also, I managed to load a map select screen of RRR by calling a cheat function, but the problem is it only stays alive for two frames, before dissapearing..
The map from prototype game?

(How did that crying smiley got there? Can't delite it.)
GOT4N
Photographe
Tings: 400

Post by GOT4N »

DarkShady wrote::cry:
GOT4N wrote:Yeah I loved dancing minigames, also, I managed to load a map select screen of RRR by calling a cheat function, but the problem is it only stays alive for two frames, before dissapearing..
The map from prototype game?

(How did that crying smiley got there? Can't delite it.)
Nah, it's just a map select debug cheat that they forgot to delete ^^
gamerz31w
Ptizêtre Vert
Tings: 1365

Post by gamerz31w »

is this topic for rayman alternate game reality only?btw rayman raving rabidds 2 pc port had 4 standalone discs collections.
Greeness
Aurora
Tings: 17030

Post by Greeness »

Master wrote:I'm guessing he means of all the minigames in RRR. Though that's not entirely true, there's also the Bunnies have no sense of rhythm game.
Exactly, it was the only part that felt to me like something that could be in a Rayman game, Bunnies have no sense is a good minigame and yes it is in a 3rd person view, but it was nothing but a shallow rhythm minigame.
Rare Rayman images Drive folder:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Feel free to share any rare media that's missing.
gamerz31w
Ptizêtre Vert

Post by gamerz31w »

i love alernate game reality riddles
SpyroGuy
Céloche

Post by SpyroGuy »

gamerz31w wrote:is this topic for rayman alternate game reality only?btw rayman raving rabidds 2 pc port had 4 standalone discs collections.
Wat r u talkin' about? We're discussing findings of datamining and also some interesting anonymous developer talk here, this ain't fiction, this is the real deal.
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

gamerz, are you using a translator or something? The majority of your posts of late seem even more disconnected than usual.
SpyroGuy
Céloche

Post by SpyroGuy »

Master wrote:gamerz, are you using a translator or something? The majority of your posts of late seem even more disconnected than usual.
Now that would explain everything.

https://youtu.be/hrNp97rZoac?t=6m17s
gamerz31w
Ptizêtre Vert

Post by gamerz31w »

very funny serious sam series reminds me of duke nukem forever and far cry
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

Drolpiraat wrote:I found the rail shooting minigames to be incredibly forgettable actually, though I guess they're the closest thing we have to Rayman actually fighting against the rabbids.
I think the minigames that I remember liking a bit were the one were you raced to deliver the exploding gift, the dancing minigames and the cow throwing one. For me, those form the "spirit" of RRR... not that it had any.
The cow throwing minigame was the best one in my opinion. The gift one always made my arms sore after it was over. :lol: