Project: UnLockRay ( ULR / REL )

Discuss tools to aid in the modification and running of Rayman games.

Moderators: English moderators, Modding and utilities team

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Re: Project: UnLockRay ( ULR / REL )

Post by Master »

Concurred, I've sent some along also, this is one heck of an achievement.
GOT4N
Photographe
Tings: 400

Post by GOT4N »

Greeness wrote:Wait how did you get the chance to speak to the developer?
Facebook :)
Haruka wrote:
GOT4N wrote:
Carrot-master wrote:I've shown a bit more of the demo text If found in my Rayman 2 Unused Content video I just put together: https://youtu.be/bLh4-sk16o4
Nice!!
Btw, I had the chance to talk with a developper that worked on Phoenix Rayman 4, Rayman Raving Rabbids cancelled prototype AND RRR final!
Here what I gathered (this is for RRR final and prototype):
-The prototype was an open world adventure game
-It was cancelled because "it didn't convinced"
-It had worlds, dungeons
-Globox was supposed to be back
-Teensies as well, lums
-Plums were supposed to be back too
-The ambient was slightly mature, there were guns, grenades
-Rayman used his hand as a hook
-Each costume had a special ability
-With the bat, spider riding system, there was a flying scooter
-A lot of gameplay prototype elements were recycled into minigames (Bunnies don't know what to do with cow is an example, he told me it was from a gameplay in the prototype when Rayman had to turn around himself, throw a box, so it lands on an electric generator)
-A lot of the riding minigames codes were based on King Kong code
-There is an "ORC" in the top scores of each minigame of RRR, "ORC" was in fact a level designer for the proto, and he worked on KK, but then he got downgraded to playtesting, so he did crazy scores
-Minigames were poorly designed because the head office gave them designers that were sold as experts, but in fact they had just finished their degree
These are all things that could be mentioned in the wiki page. Thanks for these informations! :D
No problem! ^^
PluMGMK wrote:"In blister"? Is that an attempt to translate slang for "pregnant"?
And what's wrong with my Tings? :mefiant:
SpyroGuy wrote:"in blister" as of still lying dormant in an archive somewhere?

THEN WE MUST FIND IT!
I used the wrong word :tssk:
I meant his copy was still sealed xD
And I can't accept your tings because I don't deserve them lol
Eeeebray
Le Capitaine
Tings: 9120

Post by Eeeebray »

Very nice informations you got for us again. The thing with the guns sounds a bit strange for a Rayman game, but a little more mature stuff into a Rayman game would had been cool.
Droolie
Mr Sax
Tings: 61830

Post by Droolie »

I'm pretty sure he means cartoony guns, like the ones in the Robo-Pirates' arms or the ones the Hoodlums had, so that's not very strange. Probably a little more mature than that (or at least, that's how the old trailers looked), but not much.

In any case, congrats on getting the levels imported into 3ds Max szymski! That's a huge achievement. Now for the objects? :P
GOT4N
Photographe

Post by GOT4N »

Drolpiraat wrote:I'm pretty sure he means cartoony guns, like the ones in the Robo-Pirates' arms or the ones the Hoodlums had, so that's not very strange. Probably a little more mature than that (or at least, that's how the old trailers looked), but not much.

In any case, congrats on getting the levels imported into 3ds Max szymski! That's a huge achievement. Now for the objects? :P
Right, he just confirmed me it was "cartoon" guns
incognito
Électoon
Tings: 0

Post by incognito »

Too bad, I was imagining a doomguy Rayman. :mrgreen:
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

I vaguely remember someone making a Rayman Doom mod, don't know what happened to it though.
Eeeebray
Le Capitaine
Tings: 9120

Post by Eeeebray »

GOT4N wrote:
Drolpiraat wrote:I'm pretty sure he means cartoony guns, like the ones in the Robo-Pirates' arms or the ones the Hoodlums had, so that's not very strange. Probably a little more mature than that (or at least, that's how the old trailers looked), but not much.

Right, he just confirmed me it was "cartoon" guns
Thanks for clearing that up. I thought these were non cartoon weapons, making the game more mature like they nearly did with the Rabbids who nearly turned into killer monsters XD
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

Master wrote:I vaguely remember someone making a Rayman Doom mod, don't know what happened to it though.
That was MMMorshew IIRC, and he showed quite a lot of stuff. Not sure if he had anything for download ulimately though.
RayCarrot
Tily
Tings: 36217

Post by RayCarrot »

Hm, this is odd. In the text file of Rayman 2 I've always seen a level mentioned before The Woods of Light named Astro 20 which I've assumed is the name for the intro or The Hall of Doors. However, in the French and Spanish parts it's instead replaced by:
Surprise !
Le Monde des Pirates
Using Google Translate it seems to mean "The World of Pirates". I'm not sure why it's there really, or if its maybe a part of the French and Spanish translations which I don't know about.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

That's the list of levels from the Hall of Doors, or level select cheat. "Le Monde des Pirates" surely refers to the intro segment, which takes place in its own world (where the accounting is borked – 0/5 lums and 0/0 cages??), and was probably on the level selection list during development/testing.
There is no Astro_20 in the final game, but Astro refers to the latter parts of the Prison Ship level.
GOT4N
Photographe

Post by GOT4N »

Carrot-master wrote:Hm, this is odd. In the text file of Rayman 2 I've always seen a level mentioned before The Woods of Light named Astro 20 which I've assumed is the name for the intro or The Hall of Doors. However, in the French and Spanish parts it's instead replaced by:
Surprise !
Le Monde des Pirates
Using Google Translate it seems to mean "The World of Pirates". I'm not sure why it's there really, or if its maybe a part of the French and Spanish translations which I don't know about.
Haven't I posted this before? Then my bad :P
We already knew this oddity but we thought it wasn't important enough sorry :oops2:
There was also at some point in developpement a morbide_tst map (likely for morbide_test which means a test map of Tomb of Ancients) in N64 ROM, but it's not there anymore :pascontent:
RayCarrot
Tily
Tings: 36217

Post by RayCarrot »

GOT4N wrote:
Carrot-master wrote:Hm, this is odd. In the text file of Rayman 2 I've always seen a level mentioned before The Woods of Light named Astro 20 which I've assumed is the name for the intro or The Hall of Doors. However, in the French and Spanish parts it's instead replaced by:
Surprise !
Le Monde des Pirates
We already knew this oddity but we thought it wasn't important enough sorry :oops2:
There was also at some point in developpement a morbide_tst map (likely for morbide_test which means a test map of Tomb of Ancients) in N64 ROM, but it's not there anymore :pascontent:
Yeah, I saw the morbide_tst one in the PC demo files. I assumed it might have been the secret area before the Technical Check-Up which they later integrated with the last part of The Tomb of the Ancients.
Btw, regarding test levels, while looking through the GameCube version of Rayman 3 I saw a fully intact test level in the files which is not in the PC version. Is there any way of loading this level? I tried loading it into the PC version, but the GC level files seem to be compressed as they're about half the size of the PC ones.
GOT4N
Photographe

Post by GOT4N »

Carrot-master wrote:
GOT4N wrote:
Surprise !
Le Monde des Pirates
Yeah, I saw the morbide_tst one in the PC demo files. I assumed it might have been the secret area before the Technical Check-Up which they later integrated with the last part of The Tomb of the Ancients.
Btw, regarding test levels, while looking through the GameCube version of Rayman 3 I saw a fully intact test level in the files which is not in the PC version. Is there any way of loading this level? I tried loading it into the PC version, but the GC level files seem to be compressed as they're about half the size of the PC ones.
Yeah, the test level files, it's not possible unfortunately, it crashes when loading. I think the problem from the tests I did is that he isn't finding a transit.lvl files, which is odd because it's supposed to be a Mad Trax testing map (according to textures) and Mad Trax doesn't have a transit.lvl files, but atm we can't load it :/
SpyroGuy
Céloche
Tings: 7416

Post by SpyroGuy »

GOT4N wrote: I used the wrong word :tssk:
(breathing intensifies)
By all that is holy (mostly plums)!
He STILL has that supposed original conceptual demo thing for the originally showcased R4?
That stuff MUST get leaked somehow! I NEED IT IN MY LIFE!
GOT4N
Photographe

Post by GOT4N »

SpyroGuy wrote:
GOT4N wrote: I used the wrong word :tssk:
(breathing intensifies)
By all that is holy (mostly plums)!
He STILL has that supposed original conceptual demo thing for the originally showcased R4?
That stuff MUST get leaked somehow! I NEED IT IN MY LIFE!
lol you misunderstood, I meant his copy of RRR was sealed lol, just to mean that even him doesn't want to play his own game xD
SpyroGuy
Céloche
Tings: 7416

Post by SpyroGuy »

(fuck) :P
I can't blame him though.
The game is mediocre and forgettable at best.
I don't think I've played it more than once since it's original release.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

I've played it twice for some inexplicable reason.
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

While it's certainly not the best game, I still had some fun with it, I was particularly fond of the flying downwards minigame.