Here's a super early release of R3MAP for those who want to try it out: https://mega.nz/#!wWgDQL7I!NzbGsnB7vcQr ... Vi7tXDjnMU
edit -> Please don't download this version as as of June, this is super old and I will be sharing a much more up to date version soon.
It works with both Rayman 3 and Rayman Arena, both for PC and Gamecube.
Includes the source and a build for those who don't want to install Unity (though all you can do with it is view the maps, not the object names and such which are visible from within the Unity editor). Read the readme for controls and command line arguments. Example command line usage:
Code: Select all
R3MAP -d ./R3_GC/GAMEDATABIN -l swamp_50 -m r3_gc
The source code is a bit messy, but I'll clean it up for the next version a bit most likely.
if you want to use it, you'll need to have the full GAMEDATAbin from the PC/GC version extracted somewhere and point the *.exe file to it (read the readme to see how). For Arena you need to point the exe to any of the FISHbin/MENUbin/TRIBebin subdirectories.
There's still a lot of stuff that doesn't work yet:
- The transparent sorting sucks (parts of objects with alpha might appear in front of another object even if it is behind it, if their center is in front of that object) and I have no solution for it as of now.
- Some objects aren't meant to be displayed, but my loader loads every object.
- For every object, it also loads all of its possible "states" at the object position. For example, since Globox's bouncy plum juice bubbles are a "state"/accessory of the Globox object, each bubble has a Globox model and vice versa. You can make meshes invisible in Unity to see the individual states.
Stuff that has been fixed and will be in the next version:
- When two textures are blended, they normally are blended with a different factor at different positions, but I haven't figured that out yet, so instead they're just blended with a constant factor over the whole model. edit -> figured it out, will be in the next version!
- If there is a model that can have different textures/skins (like Rayman's body, or the sniper Hoodlums which can be normal or the blue elite variety), only one will be displayed. edit -> The next version will include a Unity editor script that allows you to swap skins if there are multiple.
Anyway, have fun! Time to take a little break...
EDIT -> New version is up! This one supports the PC version of both Rayman 3 and Arena as well as the gamecube versions. It also fixes a lot of bugs that were present in the previous version. Have fun!
EDIT 2 -> The lighting is next, and boy does it look pretty! Even though the light ranges and intensities are completely wrong.