[CANCELLED] Rayman 2 – installer for newer systems

Discuss tools to aid in the modification and running of Rayman games.

Moderators: English moderators, Modding and utilities team

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Fifo
Joe
Tings: 78355

[CANCELLED] Rayman 2 – installer for newer systems

Post by Fifo »

Hi everyone!

I’ve managed to create a new installer for Rayman 2 (PC) that works on newer systems.
PM me with proof that you own the game for a download link.
Last edited by Fifo on Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RibShark
Feuillu
Tings: 1735

Re: Rayman 2 – installer for newer systems

Post by RibShark »

Snagglebee already created one a while ago.
Besides, the Rayman 2 installer only fails on Windows 7 64-bit systems, but that can be fixed by installing the Installshield Wrapper. Also, serial numbers? Really? You are putting DRM in an unofficial installer?
Fifo
Joe

Post by Fifo »

RibShark wrote:Also, serial numbers? Really? You are putting DRM in an unofficial installer?
Yep, serial numbers! I don’t wanna let members who don’t have a legal copy of the game to use the installer, as it contains the game’s files.

Okay, I’m going to remove the serial protection. However I’ll still have to ask members for proof that they own the game.
IIITA
Moussu
Tings: 1055

Post by IIITA »

RibShark wrote:Snagglebee already created one a while ago.
Besides, the Rayman 2 installer only fails on Windows 7 64-bit systems, but that can be fixed by installing the Installshield Wrapper. Also, serial numbers? Really? You are putting DRM in an unofficial installer?
Hi I am not so good at the programming work, but would like to know how to use the Installshield Wrapper for installing I mean make "setup.exe on CD" work in newer systems ?
I installed this wrapper, and noticed that it is installed to C:\Windows\SysWOW64\InstallShield, now what the next step to install Rayman 2?
Fifo
Joe

Post by Fifo »

IIITA wrote:Hi I am not so good at the programming work, but would like to know how to use the Installshield Wrapper for installing I mean make "setup.exe on CD" work in newer systems ?
I installed this wrapper, and noticed that it is installed to C:\Windows\SysWOW64\InstallShield, now what the next step to install Rayman 2?
I can send you an updated installer that’ll work without issues on newer systems without having to mess around with the InstallShield wrapper.
RayCarrot
Tily
Tings: 36217

Post by RayCarrot »

Or you can just copy the files from the disc to your computer as that's pretty much what an installer does... Much easier if you ask me.
Fifo
Joe

Post by Fifo »

Carrot-master wrote:Or you can just copy the files from the disc to your computer as that's pretty much what an installer does... Much easier if you ask me.
Yeah I know, but I was bored and I just felt like making one.
IIITA
Moussu

Post by IIITA »

Fifo wrote:
IIITA wrote:Hi I am not so good at the programming work, but would like to know how to use the Installshield Wrapper for installing I mean make "setup.exe on CD" work in newer systems ?
I can send you an updated installer that’ll work without issues on newer systems without having to mess around with the InstallShield wrapper.
Sorry for my late response to your kind offer.
As of 12 June 2016, in Windows 10 Pro 64 bit OS original installer on game CD worked and setting "Rayman2.exe" compatibility to "Windows 98/Me" the game started !! No need for "install shield" now.
Although the game screen is stretched horizontally but it was corrected editing "ubi.ini" file in \Windows\Ubisoft.
As for the "Windowsed screen" I must install "nGlide 1.05" to get "full screen" mode.
http://raymanpc.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... e#p1111432
"Rayman 2 Windowed Mode fix.zip"
OK now, I can paly "Rayman 2" in full screen mode in Windows 10 Pro 64bit !!
Last edited by IIITA on Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fifo
Joe

Post by Fifo »

Btw my installer also fixes the “CD missing” issue some people have.
RayCarrot
Tily
Tings: 36217

Post by RayCarrot »

Fifo wrote:Btw my installer also fixes the “CD missing” issue some people have.
How can an installer fix that??? That's a game issue, not install issue.
Fifo
Joe

Post by Fifo »

Carrot-master wrote:
My installer copies a no-CD executable to the system.
IIITA
Moussu

Post by IIITA »

Fifo wrote:
Carrot-master wrote:
My installer copies a no-CD executable to the system.
Thank you Fifo for your no-cd fix.
I meant the original game CD's installer now worked in Windows 10 Pro 64bit, but still needs game CD to play.
But using your installer Rayman2.exe was replaced by no-cd exe, oh it is very handy !!
Fifo
Joe

Post by Fifo »

IIITA wrote:I meant the original game CD's installer now worked in Windows 10 Pro 64bit, but still needs game CD to play.
That’s what I wanted to resolve. People who have CD copies of the game and don’t wanna purchase the game again can use my installer.

By the way, unfortunately, my installer doesn’t have those two racing progress bars the original installer has. Advanced Installer doesn’t support current file copy progress in a ProgressBar control.
dr_st
Eig
Tings: 40813

Post by dr_st »

You've done some great work here. :)

Can you please provide the executable which has the no-CD patch? I could only find one link for it on the web, and it seems to be down.

I do own the game, I do not need the full installer (I use an old Win98/ME system to run it anyways). I do need the no-CD exe, because I'm tired of having to have the CD in the drive. If you can please send just the EXE, or a reliable link to it on the web? Or, if you want to be 100% certain it will only be used for legitimate purposes, instructions on how to hex-patch the original EXE to remove the CD check?
Fifo
Joe

Post by Fifo »

dr_st wrote:You've done some great work here. :)

Can you please provide the executable which has the no-CD patch? I could only find one link for it on the web, and it seems to be down.

I do own the game, I do not need the full installer (I use an old Win98/ME system to run it anyways). I do need the no-CD exe, because I'm tired of having to have the CD in the drive. If you can please send just the EXE, or a reliable link to it on the web? Or, if you want to be 100% certain it will only be used for legitimate purposes, instructions on how to hex-patch the original EXE to remove the CD check?
I’ll PM it to you soon, watch your message indicator. ;)
gamerz31w
Ptizêtre Vert
Tings: 1365

Post by gamerz31w »

If I'm not wrong Adsolution made 64-bits installer for Rayman 2 PC.
Fifo
Joe

Post by Fifo »

gamerz31w wrote:If I'm not wrong Adsolution made 64-bits installer for Rayman 2 PC.
Yeah I know – but I made mine out of boredom.
Hoodcom
Mr Dark
Location: R̸̨̧̛̝͎͔̹͉̫̞͚͎͈̫̲̘͕̞͔̼̣͍̞̤̹̫̘̼͚̤̮̟͍̺̯͍̜̹͓̤͖͎͌̀̿͗̍͌̈́̿̿͑̄̀͌̒̅͛̄̾̈͠ͅayman Pirate-Community Lodge
Tings: 453317

Post by Hoodcom »

gamerz31w wrote:If I'm not wrong Adsolution made 64-bits installer for Rayman 2 PC.
So did Snagglebee. So we have three different people making them. Same purpose. At least if one's download link goes bad, there's a fall back for those who don't wish to get it through GOG.
incognito
Électoon
Tings: 0

Post by incognito »

Well I have the GOG version...
IIITA
Moussu

Post by IIITA »

Hoodcom wrote:
So did Snagglebee. So we have three different people making them. Same purpose. At least if one's download link goes bad, there's a fall back for those who don't wish to get it through GOG.
Don't worry about the installer for Windows 10 64bit, I found that Rayman 2 can be installed normally from game CD to Windows 10 Pro 64bit as of 22 Feb. 2016.
W10 has been updated to build 1511 and got some incremental updates onto build 1511 now.
In this environment, I ran SetupUbi.exe on CD with no compatibility and finished the installation successfully.
Running GXSetup.exe without any compatibility ;

http://raymanpc.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 0#p1144501

EDIT;
Of cause you need CD inserted in the drive as far as you installed R2 with the original retail CD.
Last edited by IIITA on Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.