RayTwol is a work-in-progress level editor for Rayman 2 (PC), developed by Chloë Krawelitzki (Adsolution). The file encryption and geometry formats were decoded by Szymon Jankowski (szymski) (web: http://szymekk.me).
DOWNLOAD -- version 1.03 -- 11 January 2017
Your browser and anti-virus may detect RayTwol.exe as unsafe (I think it has something to do with highly-amused.com being a newly-registered domain); ignore and bypass this.
RayTwol checks for updates and automatically downloads them when launched, so don't worry about having to check in and re-download it every time!
Please report any bugs or crashes, and thoroughly examine the help window!
>> Current features <<
- The ability to modify the position of most of the objects in any given level
- Modifications can saved and experienced in-game, simply through exiting and re-entering the level
- Objects can be moved with either the movement gizmo or by typing in new coordinates
- Every Rayman 2 level fully rendered, minus vertex colours
- Disabling the "Please insert CD" pirate face that may pop up after certain levels are edited
- Click-and-drag movement gizmos (the current implementation requires the use of the scroll wheel)
- The ability to click on objects in the viewport (the current implementation requires you to select them from the left-hand panel)
- A dialogue editor
- The ability to have Rayman 2 automatically load the level currently being edited when the game is launched from RayTwol
- Live update of objects' coordinates in-game when they're moved in RayTwol
- When Rayman 2 is launched from RayTwol, have Rayman show up as an object in RayTwol that you can move around like any other object
- The ability to synchronise the in-game camera with the RayTwol camera
- A cinematic editor, allowing you to create custom in-game camera animations
- Vertex colours
Code: Select all
1.03 11/01/2017 --- Special thanks to Damien K for Windows 7 debugging help - Fixed crash from unused code causing accessibility issues - Fixed crash for Windows 7 users by swapping Aero2 reference to Aero - Fixed minor interface spacing issues 1.02 10/01/2017 - Fixed crash that occurs when level is fetched without a held state - If LEVELS0.DAT is not present in the install (the retail version), it's automatically downloaded - Removed the empty "Splash" window and relocated its code to the Main function - Setup now has a GUI and no longer requires a manual restart afterwards - Optimised various startup checks - Clarified the "Select directory" message - Help window appears on top of the main window when opened automatically on first-time launch - Minor interface modifications: - Thinned the left-hand panel - Removed unnecessary parameter name labels - Removed the unused "Type" parameter - Resized the "RUN" button in preparation for a future update 1.01 07/01/2017 - Fixed regional decimal point parsing crash (./,) - Levels dropdown is deselected after loading a level to prevent accidental WASD navigation 1.0 06/01/2017 - First official release of RayTwol