Rayman 2 Translations (Text modding)

Discuss tools to aid in the modification and running of Rayman games.

Moderators: English moderators, Modding and utilities team

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
raymanHUN
Ptizêtre Ninja
Tings: 3466

Re: Rayman 2 Translations (Text modding)

Post by raymanHUN »

I should have the full decoded text file, with all the strange code-sequences and the actual texts. Thanks for the idea, I'm gonna go check out other languages, how they use these characters. As for the long umlauts, I haven't added them, still trying to figure out which files to replace with them (as I guess I can't really add anything extra as that would probably end up messing up stuff)

edit: Okay, it seems like there is nothing special about them in neither the german, nor the spanish parts... I'm gonna go ahead and try to edit some parts in both of those, to see if there might be something that has to be included for those characters to work, which might be missing from the english parts...

edit2: Okay, so apparently I was an idiot, and it actually works as long as I use only lowercase letters in the file... Should have guessed but oh well... Now to figure out which 2 characters to swap for "ő" and "ű"... I guess I'll just pick something from german or spanish, and use them, which will make writing them a bit more tedious but at least in-game it will work!
minimalism
Emsti22
Lums
Tings: 25

Post by Emsti22 »

Hello everyone! During the translation, I encountered the problem that the game has strict limits on the number of characters in each line. Does anyone know how to change this?
I am the founder and member of the administration of "Rayman Universe - Рэйман и его Вселенная", a community officially approved by Ubisoft Russia: https://vk.com/raymanuniverse
Article from Ubisoft Russia: https://vk.com/wall-41600377_169300
soulcute576
Électoon
Tings: 20

Post by soulcute576 »

There is also a Polish translation for Rayman 2, it's official, but not included in original releases: https://disk.yandex.ru/d/VaZBFOgT3QRGto
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

An official translation? Which releases was it included in? This would be a good occasion to make sure that the names on the Polish version of RayWiki are correct.
deton24
Garatta Ciatik
Tings: 8652

Post by deton24 »

It was an official, regional-exclusive release, MULTI2 shipped with French, translated by local distributor Licomp Empik, not Ubi.
Some modified Polish language packs by users also have English and other languages, but with probably not correctly working font for some of these extra languages.
The names on RayWiki are correct.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Thanks for the clarification, deton! Much appreciated. :D
aiturtwig
Électoon
Tings: 10

Post by aiturtwig »

Hi everyone! I've been checking this thread and some others about translations because I'm interested in translating (or at least trying to translate) Rayman 2 into Basque.

I've downloaded RaymanTextTool and I've been able to extract the lines from the .sna into a .txt. Now I wonder, is there any easy way to detect what the language is in each line, without manually reading it? Or is there any other tool I don't know that could help me with the translation?
Adamek2008
Créature
Tings: 310

Post by Adamek2008 »

aiturtwig wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:01 pm Hi everyone! I've been checking this thread and some others about translations because I'm interested in translating (or at least trying to translate) Rayman 2 into Basque.

I've downloaded RaymanTextTool and I've been able to extract the lines from the .sna into a .txt. Now I wonder, is there any easy way to detect what the language is in each line, without manually reading it? Or is there any other tool I don't know that could help me with the translation?
Does someone know how to get RaymanTextTool ?, because the download link leads to nowhere (http://www.lokalizacie.sk/editory/2-rayman-text-tool/). :(
When Rayman Legends Sequel.
☭ CrazyKyoto ☭
Aurora
Location: Nizhny Novgorod, Russia (eariler Mariupol, Ukraine)
Tings: 15618

Post by ☭ CrazyKyoto ☭ »

Greetings here, comrades! CrazyKyoto from Rayman Fan Union here.

I announced my translation of the game into Russian! To create it, I use Ray2Fix with the R2TextReplacer mod. I translated the game quite quickly, but before publishing the translation in the public domain, I need to conduct tests and correct the text a little.

In the meantime, here's a video from Youtube:

LEADER OF "RAYMAN FAN UNION" (VKONTAKTE)

БЕТИЛЛА САМАЯ ЛУЧШАЯ ВАЙФУ НА СВЕТЕ!!!
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

This looks very promising! I look forward to seeing more of this. :up:
☭ CrazyKyoto ☭
Aurora
Location: Nizhny Novgorod, Russia (eariler Mariupol, Ukraine)
Tings: 15618

Post by ☭ CrazyKyoto ☭ »

Comrads, I am ready to announce that I created Rayman 2 Russian Translation from "Rayman Fan Union" community! It works by Ray2Fix and R2TextReplacer mod from spitfirex86.
wallpaper_rus_logo (1).png
wallpaper_rus_logo (1).png (2.95 MiB) Viewed 320 times
Скриншот 21-11-2023 230433.png
Скриншот 21-11-2023 230433.png (730.28 KiB) Viewed 320 times
DOWNLOAD: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Uhp8cA ... drive_link

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Go to the indicator with your game and unpack the “Data” indicator, replacing the files.
2. Unpack all the files that are in the Ray2Fix application in the address with the game.
3. Open the R2FixCfg.exe file and click on the “Tweaks” column and check the box next to Load all DLLs from “Rayman 2\Mods”.
4. Launch the game, then exit it.
5. Unpack the R2TextReplacer folder from the archive into the created Mods folder.
6. Launch the game a second time and exit it.
7. Unpack the Languages folder from the archive of files into the created folder of the same name.
8. Open the R2TextReplacer.ini file using Notepad and enter the text below:

Code: Select all

[Language Tables]
Common= Common
0= RYSSKNQ
1=
2=
3=
4=
LEADER OF "RAYMAN FAN UNION" (VKONTAKTE)

БЕТИЛЛА САМАЯ ЛУЧШАЯ ВАЙФУ НА СВЕТЕ!!!