is there a way to get Avelina skin on rayman legends with mods ?

Discuss tools to aid in the modification and running of Rayman games.

Moderators: English moderators, Modding and utilities team

Grigo
Électoon
Tings: 0

is there a way to get Avelina skin on rayman legends with mods ?

Post by Grigo » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:27 pm

Hi, I wanted to ask if is possible to unlock or skin mod any princess to become Avelina she is my favourite char

Master
Rayman Origins
Tings: 404000

Re: is there a way to get Avelina skin on rayman legends with mods ?

Post by Master » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:32 pm

Glimpsing through our Rayman Legends modding thread, it looks like ICUP321 managed to mod a few of the console exclusive characters in:
There's links to the mod in the video's description, and instructions are in the Rayman Legends modding thread I linked above.

ICUP321
Obus à Pattes
Tings: 335

Re: is there a way to get Avelina skin on rayman legends with mods ?

Post by ICUP321 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:28 am

Yeah, it's really easy to port some of the console-exclusive costumes to PC. I figured out that if you rename the .pbk.ckd file that goes along with the sprite you want to port over and replace them over another, the game will actually load the sprites based on what the .pbk.ckd says and it will render them correctly. I discovered this while I was messing around with Rayman Fiesta Run: This does NOT work on all sprites though, because sometimes the game manually loads sprites in a way that the .pbk.ckd files does not instruct the game on how to render it. I have no idea if it's because there are other separate files somewhere that tell the game what it should load from those sprites or if it's hardcoded into the game.

For all I know, there's definitely a lot more things I don't know about that are hidden in the files of all Ubi-Art games! There is a lot of modding potential in these games, if only it was easier to actually make mods for them...