Rayman Control Panel (Rayman PC tools & utilities)

Discuss tools to aid in the modification and running of Rayman games.

Moderators: English moderators, Modding and utilities team

PluMGMK
Dora Dodemer
Location: An tír ina labhraítear (beagán ar fad) an teanga ina bhfuil sé seo scríofa
Tings: 5600

Re: Rayman Control Panel (Rayman PC tools & utilities)

Post by PluMGMK »

Nifty! This second version of Rayman M seems to be the one I have, so now all my Rayman CDs can live in the cabinet, where they belong! :mrgreen:

Is that also the version where the unlocking of Spooky Towers is known to be bugged? :mefiant:
RayCarrot
Uglette
Tings: 29054

Post by RayCarrot »

I actually haven't heard of that being bugged. How does the bug work exactly?
What I do know is that the version I previously supported is an earlier release with a major bug. Each time you save in the game it appends "\c150:150:255:" (an OpenSpace formatting command) to the name. This is due to a bug in the menu script, but what it does is it causes the save to eventually corrupt (the save uses an 8-bit value to determine the length of the name, so once it exceeds 255 the save corrupts). I only had these releases growing up, and never understood why my save would always corrupt once I reached the final world... :P
PluMGMK
Dora Dodemer
Location: An tír ina labhraítear (beagán ar fad) an teanga ina bhfuil sé seo scríofa

Post by PluMGMK »

Ah, interesting!

I thought I once read somewhere that Spooky Towers unlocking was glitched on some versions, but I can't remember where. All I know is that I've never been able to unlock it, even though according to the French RayWiki it's supposed to unlock after you complete Palm Beach. Is the wiki wrong? I still haven't completed all the races, so something might be required on that side too.
RayCarrot
Uglette

Post by RayCarrot »

I'm not sure. I do know of people who have 100% the game with this release though. Sadly I'm not too familiar with the game myself as I never got very far in it due to the bug. I'm probably going to start playing it again soon and finish it.
PluMGMK
Dora Dodemer

Post by PluMGMK »

OK, I can confirm that the wiki was indeed incomplete, and I've rectified it. You need to complete the entire Advanced League, both Races and Battles, then Spooky Towers unlocks. :) I must have dreamed I read about a bug then… :oops2:
Segasensei
Électoon
Tings: 15

Post by Segasensei »

This utility looks neat ! However, I think the download link is dead :/
Steo
Globox Origins
Tings: 226010

Post by Steo »

I replaced it with a working one for now, though I'm sure RayCarrot can change it later if he's not happy with the current link.
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687
Segasensei
Électoon
Tings: 15

Post by Segasensei »

Thanks for replacing the link, it works great !

However I have two questions, both concerning Rayman 1.

First of all, (I'm using the GOG version btw) is there a way to change language ? I mean, I try changing the language to French but to no avail. It's no big deal but I wish I could play it my mother language !

Second, no Intro FMV. Is there a way to fix it ?
PluMGMK
Dora Dodemer

Post by PluMGMK »

Yeah, I think the GOG version of Rayman 1 is only in English. Very poor decision by Ubisoft imo. :tssk:
RayCarrot
Uglette

Post by RayCarrot »

Yeah, it's odd since it actually has all 3 languages, but it's hard-coded to use English no matter the setting