Rayman Control Panel (Rayman PC tools & utilities)

Discuss tools to aid in the modification and running of Rayman games.

Moderators: English moderators, Modding and utilities team

PluMGMK
Ambre Écueil
Location: An tír ina labhraítear (beagán ar fad) an teanga ina bhfuil sé seo scríofa
Tings: 6075

Re: Rayman Control Panel (Rayman PC tools & utilities)

Post by PluMGMK »

Nifty! This second version of Rayman M seems to be the one I have, so now all my Rayman CDs can live in the cabinet, where they belong! :mrgreen:

Is that also the version where the unlocking of Spooky Towers is known to be bugged? :mefiant:
RayCarrot
Uglette
Tings: 29129

Post by RayCarrot »

I actually haven't heard of that being bugged. How does the bug work exactly?
What I do know is that the version I previously supported is an earlier release with a major bug. Each time you save in the game it appends "\c150:150:255:" (an OpenSpace formatting command) to the name. This is due to a bug in the menu script, but what it does is it causes the save to eventually corrupt (the save uses an 8-bit value to determine the length of the name, so once it exceeds 255 the save corrupts). I only had these releases growing up, and never understood why my save would always corrupt once I reached the final world... :P
PluMGMK
Ambre Écueil
Location: An tír ina labhraítear (beagán ar fad) an teanga ina bhfuil sé seo scríofa

Post by PluMGMK »

Ah, interesting!

I thought I once read somewhere that Spooky Towers unlocking was glitched on some versions, but I can't remember where. All I know is that I've never been able to unlock it, even though according to the French RayWiki it's supposed to unlock after you complete Palm Beach. Is the wiki wrong? I still haven't completed all the races, so something might be required on that side too.
RayCarrot
Uglette

Post by RayCarrot »

I'm not sure. I do know of people who have 100% the game with this release though. Sadly I'm not too familiar with the game myself as I never got very far in it due to the bug. I'm probably going to start playing it again soon and finish it.
PluMGMK
Ambre Écueil

Post by PluMGMK »

OK, I can confirm that the wiki was indeed incomplete, and I've rectified it. You need to complete the entire Advanced League, both Races and Battles, then Spooky Towers unlocks. :) I must have dreamed I read about a bug then… :oops2:
Segasensei
Électoon
Tings: 15

Post by Segasensei »

This utility looks neat ! However, I think the download link is dead :/
Steo
Globox Origins
Tings: 226580

Post by Steo »

I replaced it with a working one for now, though I'm sure RayCarrot can change it later if he's not happy with the current link.
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687
Segasensei
Électoon
Tings: 15

Post by Segasensei »

Thanks for replacing the link, it works great !

However I have two questions, both concerning Rayman 1.

First of all, (I'm using the GOG version btw) is there a way to change language ? I mean, I try changing the language to French but to no avail. It's no big deal but I wish I could play it my mother language !

Second, no Intro FMV. Is there a way to fix it ?
PluMGMK
Ambre Écueil

Post by PluMGMK »

Yeah, I think the GOG version of Rayman 1 is only in English. Very poor decision by Ubisoft imo. :tssk:
RayCarrot
Uglette

Post by RayCarrot »

Yeah, it's odd since it actually has all 3 languages, but it's hard-coded to use English no matter the setting
Henchman1000
Chasseur
Tings: 780

Post by Henchman1000 »

For some odd reason, upon getting in "Settings" voice on one of the games installed in the Control panel I get this error.
Attachments
a.PNG
RayCarrot
Uglette

Post by RayCarrot »

That is really odd. Does it happen every time? If so, could you please send me the crashlog so I can see where it happens.
Henchman1000
Chasseur

Post by Henchman1000 »

I think after the last update this started to happen.
Last time I played a game via RCP was few evenings ago, but I minimised the game instead of closing it before turning off the pc some time after, so dunno if this contributed to this. In case I gave you a small context.
Here you go (under spoilers since I cannot upload the file directly).

Code: Select all

[Information] RaymanM config is being set up [BaseUbiIniGameConfigViewModel.cs > SetupAsync() > Line 86]
[Information] The dinput type has been retrieved as Controller [Ray_M_Arena_3_UbiIniBaseConfigViewModel.cs > OnSetupAsync() > Line 396]
[Information] Getting if game file is patched or original... [GamePatcher.cs > GetIsOriginal() > Line 54]
[Information] 5/5 bytes were read from the game file [GamePatcher.cs > GetIsOriginal() > Line 82]
[Information] The game file was detected as patched [GamePatcher.cs > GetIsOriginal() > Line 93]
[Information] The game has been modified to remove the disc checker [Ray_M_Arena_3_UbiIniBaseConfigViewModel.cs > OnSetupAsync() > Line 427]
[Information] The ubi.ini file has been loaded [BaseUbiIniGameConfigViewModel.cs > SetupAsync() > Line 94]
[Information] All section properties have been loaded [BaseUbiIniGameConfigViewModel.cs > SetupAsync() > Line 113]
[Information] Progression data for RaymanM is being loaded... [BaseProgressionViewModel.cs > LoadDataAsync() > Line 70]
[Information] Rayman M/Arena save file raymanm.sav is being loaded... [RaymanMArenaProgressionViewModel.cs > GetProgressionSlotViewModels() > Line 41]
[Information] The window of type RayCarrot.RCP.Metro.GameOptionsDialog has been shown [WindowHelpers.cs > ShowWindow() > Line 143]
[Information] Save file has been deserialized [RaymanMArenaProgressionViewModel.cs > GetProgressionSlotViewModels() > Line 54]
[Information] General progress info has been set for slot 0 [RaymanMArenaProgressionViewModel.cs > GetProgressionSlotViewModels() > Line 137]
[Information] Slots have been loaded [BaseProgressionViewModel.cs > LoadDataAsync() > Line 88]
[Critical] An exception has occurred with the debug message of "Unhandled exception" and the level of Critical. [BaseApp.cs > BaseRCFApp_DispatcherUnhandledException() > Line 324]
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Too many posts were made to a semaphore
   at MahApps.Metro.Controls.WinApiHelper.GetWindowText(Window window) in /_/src/MahApps.Metro/Controls/WinApiHelper.cs:line 62
   at MahApps.Metro.Automation.Peers.MetroWindowAutomationPeer.GetNameCore() in /_/src/MahApps.Metro/Automation/Peers/MetroWindowAutomationPeer.cs:line 32
   at System.Windows.Automation.Peers.AutomationPeer.UpdateSubtree()
   at System.Windows.ContextLayoutManager.fireAutomationEvents()
   at System.Windows.ContextLayoutManager.UpdateLayout()
   at System.Windows.ContextLayoutManager.UpdateLayoutCallback(Object arg)
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.InvokeOnRenderCallback.DoWork()
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireInvokeOnRenderCallbacks()
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandlerCore(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandler(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
[Critical] An unhandled exception has occurred [BaseApp.cs > BaseRCFApp_DispatcherUnhandledException() > Line 326]
Last edited by PluMGMK on Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Use code tags for this, not spoilers. Spoiler doesn't make it take up any less space, and it increases the workload for browsers by blurring all that text.
RayCarrot
Uglette

Post by RayCarrot »

Hm, seems the issue is in the UI framework I'm using. I can't really do much right now since I can't reproduce it, but I'll keep an eye out for it and hopefully it'll get fixed in a later update.
Henchman1000
Chasseur

Post by Henchman1000 »

RayCarrot wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:07 pm Hm, seems the issue is in the UI framework I'm using. I can't really do much right now since I can't reproduce it, but I'll keep an eye out for it and hopefully it'll get fixed in a later update.
Thank you very much for your help! 🙏

I may see if disinstalling and reinstalling the software can fix that. I'll let you know if something changes.
RayCarrot
Uglette

Post by RayCarrot »

Henchman1000 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:35 pm Thank you very much for your help! 🙏

I may see if disinstalling and reinstalling the software can fix that. I'll let you know if something changes.
I've released a new update now which includes an updated version of the UI framework which claims to fix this issue. Please let me know if it's fixed :)