Rayman Control Panel (Rayman PC tools & utilities)

Discuss tools to aid in the modification and running of Rayman games.

Moderators: English moderators, Modding and utilities team

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Ikigai
Électoon
Tings: 10

Re: Rayman Control Panel (Rayman PC tools & utilities)

Post by Ikigai »

Every time I try to open the archive explorer I get an error saying that access to the path of the game is denied. I have all permissions on and have tried to open "Bundle_PC.ipk" with notepad applications all saying the file is too big (5.4GB). How can I fix this?
RayCarrot
Tily
Tings: 36217

Post by RayCarrot »

Try right-clicking on the Rayman Control Panel exe and chose to run as admin
Ikigai
Électoon
Tings: 10

Post by Ikigai »

:D
RayCarrot wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:56 pm Try right-clicking on the Rayman Control Panel exe and chose to run as admin
Thanks, I should have thought of that. It works now.
Rhinobake
Reine Ptizêtre
Tings: 4681

Post by Rhinobake »

Hello! I seem to be experiencing a bug in which I began Rayman 3 after starting the program as admin, quit a little while in, resumed later while NOT admin, but the Control Panel seems stuck on the progression of when I last played as admin, which is also where it backs up saves. Whenever I try playing as admin, it boots me back to that point, a couple of worlds earlier. Is there any way I can "resync" the data between the game and the Control Panel?
RayCarrot
Tily

Post by RayCarrot »

I'm not sure I entirely understand what you mean. Do you get different saves appearing in-game depending on if you launch it as admin or not? RCP doesn't do anything with the saves besides allowing them to be backed up and showing the score you have for each world. There's also nothing which needs to be synced as RCP loads all this data each time it's launched.
Rhinobake
Reine Ptizêtre

Post by Rhinobake »

I Suppose it's difficult to explain, but long story short, yes, I get an earlier save file if I launch as admin. It's also what the progression tab shows, and due to the low data, I'm fairly certain it's also what's being backed up, but here's the thing:

that save was early on in the Fairy Council, I'm now in the Land of the Livid Dead, but launching as admin gives me that earlier save, and the progression tab thinks I'm still in the Fairy Council regardless(and again, I think it also affected the backup saves).

Really, it's not that big a deal, the game loads up the file just fine if I boot up normally, but the progression tab and I *think* backing up saves doesn't work properly. It's more of OCD thing than anything else, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the Panel to recognize the current save.
RayCarrot
Tily

Post by RayCarrot »

I see. Sounds like Windows is redirecting the saves then. Normally your saves are stored in the folder "GAMEDATA" in the game's install directory. Sometimes for older programs, depending on where it's installed I believe, Windows will redirect files when not running as admin to "%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore". So say your game is installed under "C:\Program Files (x86)\Rayman 3", then your normal saves are under "C:\Program Files (x86)\Rayman 3\GAMEDATA". Now if Windows redirects the saves, so when you're not running as admin in your case, then they get stored under "%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Rayman 3\GAMEDATA".
So I would suggest you check the virtual store folder and see if you can find your more recent saves there. If they are indeed there then you can replace your normal saves with these and RCP will detect those instead.
Rhinobake
Reine Ptizêtre

Post by Rhinobake »

Okay, I'll give it a shot, thank you!
Manu270891
Lums
Tings: 35

Post by Manu270891 »

Now that lk19 has released the Hype: The Time Quest widescreen patch, it would be great to edit the "Textures.cnt" and "Vignette.cnt" files to scale the HUD properly. Tonic Trouble texture modding support was added, so it would be awesome to support Hype: The Time Quest too!
deton24
Garatta Ciatik
Tings: 8652

Post by deton24 »

Did you try to use Utilities>CNT Explorer to replace the textures? Does it open the archive?
Because iirc, not in all cases using texture sync feature was strictly necessary for me. Generally it's required when texture resolution changes. Maybe it will work anyway when e.g. you won't exceed resolution of original textures somehow. I don't remember at the moment.
RayCarrot
Tily

Post by RayCarrot »

I think the .cnt files open correctly (I haven't tested in a while though), but the textures themselves can't be replaced. That's because the Montreal games use a different .gf format which I have only adding reading support for. I've been working on a major rewrite of the Archive Explorer tool (which I took a break from to focus on other projects, but I'm hoping to get back to it soon), so I won't be making any changes until that's finished. After that I can look into adding support for these formats as well.
Betshet
Électoon
Tings: 20

Post by Betshet »

Hello, I recently obtained a physical copy of Rayman 3 for PC, but I have trouble installing it. The install goes smoothly until the very end where the Installshield Wizard window becomes transparent and I have no way to interact with it.

Someone on the Rayman discord suggested it could be that the installer is outdated on Windows 10, similar to Rayman 2, but the Rayman Control Panel doesn't offer an option to install Rayman 3 from disk. Is there a patch/fix I could use to solve my problem?
Last edited by Betshet on Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Betshet
Électoon

Post by Betshet »

I tried to launch it with Windows XP compatibility, the same problem occured. Install goes smoothly until the very end, then the Installshield window becomes transparent and nothing happens, forcing me to quit the installation.
RayCarrot
Tily

Post by RayCarrot »

I've been meaning to add more disc installers to the program (like for Rayman 1 and 3) but haven't gotten around to it yet. In the meantime it might be easiest if you manually copy over the files. So if you create a folder on your computer you can copy over the files from each disc to it. Then either run the game config program or the config in RCP to create the game configuration and then it should work. Uninstalling won't work like this though, then you'd instead have to manually delete the folder you just created.
Betshet
Électoon

Post by Betshet »

I've manually copied the files in a folder on my computer, and ran the config program, but the game doesn't launch. When I try to launch the exe, either by myself or through the control panel, a process named "Rayman 3" does appear in the task manager, but quits after a few seconds. I've tried all kinds of settings, compatibility modes and resolutions, nothing works (DirectPlay is enabled).
I then tried a No-CD crack, and replaced the exe. When I launch that, a windows appears, and a message tells me to "Please insert the CD" (wich seems odd for a "No-CD"), even when I have the CD in the drive.
dr_st
Eig
Tings: 40813

Post by dr_st »

I don't recall their being particular issues installing Rayman 3 on Windows 10 from the original CDs. It's a more modern installer compared to Rayman 2/M.

Which physical copy did you get? North-American, European, or a localized retail? 3CD or 1DVD?

Which version of Win10? 32bit/64bit? What build number is shown in winver? I can check to see if I am able to reproduce this problem.
Betshet
Électoon

Post by Betshet »

dr_st wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:45 pm I don't recall their being particular issues installing Rayman 3 on Windows 10 from the original CDs. It's a more modern installer compared to Rayman 2/M.

Which physical copy did you get? North-American, European, or a localized retail? 3CD or 1DVD?

Which version of Win10? 32bit/64bit? What build number is shown in winver? I can check to see if I am able to reproduce this problem.
I got a 3CD European version (French). I'm on Win10 64bit, version 21H1.
In case this is relevant, CPU is Intel Core i5-4460, GPU is NVIDIA GTX 960.
dr_st
Eig
Tings: 40813

Post by dr_st »

Betshet wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:58 pm I got a 3CD European version (French). I'm on Win10 64bit, version 21H1.
In case this is relevant, CPU is Intel Core i5-4460, GPU is NVIDIA GTX 960.
OK, I just tried the 3CD EU version in my system (i7-8700K, 1070 Ti).

Installed without a problem from the original CD images. The game would not run, of course, because it's SafeDisc, and the driver does not run on Win10. However, as soon as I replaced the executable with a cracked one - worked without a hitch.

Are you sure your noCD executable is good?

My Win10 x64 is 1909, but I'm not sure it matters (I hope it doesn't, otherwise it means Microsoft broke some legacy compatibility in a later update)
deton24
Garatta Ciatik
Tings: 8652

Post by deton24 »

I then tried a No-CD crack, and replaced the exe. When I launch that, a windows appears, and a message tells me to "Please insert the CD" (wich seems odd for a "No-CD"), even when I have the CD in the drive.
Try out this binary. If I'm not mistaken, it's old Uplay non-DRM binary from from 2018, before the update when DRM was introduced.
https://disk.yandex.com/d/CBtNjPHY8eggpQ
CRC-32: b7b4af9c

A similar issue was in Rayman 2 when you used GOG binary on the original disc version. The game looked for a file, which the original installer didn't copy to HDD, and it resulted in Please insert CD error.
I wonder if RayCarrot actually tried out the method of manually copying all the files whether it really works.
Maybe it's even the opposite now - the location of some files get changed by original installer vs on the disk, and game can't find them.