Rayman Plus

Discuss tools to aid in the modification and running of Rayman games.

Moderators: English moderators, Modding and utilities team

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
IIITA
Moussu
Tings: 1055

Re: Rayman Plus

Post by IIITA »

Snagglebee wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:46 pm Important v1.1 update !
I finally worked up a way for the TPLS module to work without searching for the appropriate pointer. In other words: The interval searcher is gone! Benefits is improved compatibility and performance on load.

To update simply replace your existing RaymanPlus.exe and TPLS.dll files with the new updated files, which you can download here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/h341v316b ... .1.7z/file

Have fun!
Oh, I am looking for this kind update !
I ran this for Rayman Original with expectation, but got the problem with voice of the opening video, "Hi folks, let me tell you the story of Ryman"
The voice playedback was so bat, say "breakiing up".

I once enjoyed Emshomar's Rayman Optimum, which played the voice of Rayman Original's Opening video smoothly.

I hope you would take back the quality of Opening Video's voice up to the level of old Emshomar's.
Fifo
Joe
Tings: 78355

Post by Fifo »

IIITA wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:50 am I once enjoyed Emshomar's Rayman Optimum, which played the voice of Rayman Original's Opening video smoothly.

I hope you would take back the quality of Opening Video's voice up to the level of old Emshomar's.
Snagglebee is emshomar, he just got his username changed ;)

Also, afaik you can get the smooth opening fmv by making sure the cputype value in the config file is set to pentium
haker120
Tribelle
Tings: 275

Post by haker120 »

I've tried, still the same message... @RayCarrot

This is all what I have in Rayman Plus Folder.

Ok, works now, I just realized I should copy files either from AL, FR or USA folders into KIT's root. Silly me. :D
IIITA
Moussu

Post by IIITA »

Fifo wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:01 am
IIITA wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:50 am I once enjoyed Emshomar's Rayman Optimum, which played the voice of Rayman Original's Opening video smoothly.

Snagglebee is emshomar, he just got his username changed ;)

Also, afaik you can get the smooth opening fmv by making sure the cputype value in the config file is set to pentium
Thank you for your reply.
Aha, Snagglebee is "emshomar", I forgot that fact.
Thinking of your suggestion , I found the post by pandaboy103 Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:36 am .
As you pointed out, he said that I must change CPU cycles calling out the DOSBox popup by Alt+Fn+F10 keys.
Ya, I got set that and got the GOOD FMV sound.
Thank you for your information, I now enjoy new Rayman Plus on Rayman 1 as past.

Unfortunately I could not find out the setting and second tome I launch Rayman Plus I must repeated the same change calling the set panel.
Is there any way to save this change for next play ?
Fifo
Joe
Tings: 78355

Post by Fifo »

IIITA wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:50 am Unfortunately I could not find out the setting and second tome I launch Rayman Plus I must repeated the same change calling the set panel.
Edit the config file. I don’t remember where exactly it is located, but I hope you’ll find it. :)
RayCarrot
Tily
Tings: 36217

Post by RayCarrot »

If you can't edit the config in Plus you can always use the Rayman Control Panel where you can set custom config commands as well as use the per-level soundtrack utility
IIITA
Moussu

Post by IIITA »

Fifo wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:02 am
IIITA wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:50 am Unfortunately I could not find out the setting and second tome I launch Rayman Plus I must repeated the same change calling the set panel.
Edit the config file. I don’t remember where exactly it is located, but I hope you’ll find it. :)
As pandaboy103 said in;
viewtopic.php?f=89&t=25867&start=40#p1359391
Rayman Plus config.ini of DOSBox is actually "in memory", temporarily in (AppData/Local/Temp/XXX) .
So there is no way to save this setting for next use.
But as RayCarrot pointed in the post above, his "Rayman Control Plane" make this kind of settings saved in PC for next use.
I hope Snagglebee make some improve his Rayman Plus like his always make amazing device.
raymandesigner
Ptizêtre en or
Tings: 891

Post by raymandesigner »

My Rayman Plus Tested My Rayman Gold Worked

Rayman Designer Mapper Tested Worked
Rayman Designer PCX Files Download: https://mega.nz/file/R8d2iCoJ#a6kuDtEAT ... oB4kQW8qQE
Screen Shot:
Last edited by raymandesigner on Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:35 am, edited 9 times in total.
Snagglebee
Pti-lote
Tings: 2750

Post by Snagglebee »

The Rayman Plus project is dead. I'd personally recommend you guys using Rayman Control Panel like other before me mentioned. You won't be missing out since it features everything that I had in Rayman Plus plus about 9001 more features to check out!

I've released the source of TPLS if you're interested in that:
https://github.com/Snaggly/Rayman1Dos-TPLS
IIITA
Moussu

Post by IIITA »

Oh ! It's a pity Snagglebee quitted from Rayman Plus project before he devised Plus so that it can save config.ini file to HDD from RAM.
This devise will greatly improve opening FMV sound "Hi folks, let me tell you the story........."
I am so earnestly looking for this for current Rayman Control Panel gives slightly less quality than Plus regarding to the screen size of R1.
I like Plus thinking of this issue,but if Snagglebe make some improvement to his Rayman Control Panel on this point, I will greatly appreciate it.
RayCarrot
Tily

Post by RayCarrot »

IIITA wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:14 am I am so earnestly looking for this for current Rayman Control Panel gives slightly less quality than Plus regarding to the screen size of R1.
What do you mean? Rayman Control Panel allows full configuration of the game, so you can change the screen size etc. I'm not sure what you're referring to though exactly.
MartyD82
Électoon
Tings: 20

Post by MartyD82 »

I downloaded Rayman Control Panel but actually found myself returning to Rayman Plus, because:

1. Even when running RCP as an administrator, the Playstation soundtrack download would just hang after a certain point. So I wasn't able to get the full soundtrack download.

2. The opening FMV doesn't seem to be included with RCP.

3. Nor does the smooth screen filtering that was in Rayman Plus, which made the otherwise hyper-pixelated 320x200 Rayman 1 look pretty amazing (the DosBox resolution updates, from what I've seen, do very little to smooth the graphics on my 1080p monitor).

Are there options within RCP that I'm not seeing?

As a sidenote, I do like that I can transfer my saves from Rayman Plus and, thus, won't need to restart the game if I switch to Rayman Control Panel.
RayCarrot
Tily

Post by RayCarrot »

Unlike Rayman Plus the Rayman Control Panel will only use the existing game files. Because of this the intro is only available if your copy originally supports it. Sadly there's no simple way to manually add the intro to versions without it. Each version of Rayman 1 was compiled with a new exe (which checks for its own disc) and has different encryption keys for the files. Because I don't want to include any games directly in RCP this won't be an option.

The error with the soundtrack not downloading is odd though. It works just fine for me and many others. Where does it hang? It could be some issue with your computer/router with downloading large files. Does it eventually give an error message?

Regarding the screen filtering, that is available in Plus because it uses a special version of DOSBox with these things added. While RCP supports any DOSBox version, the Per Level Soundtrack implementation is currently only available for the standard version.
haker120
Tribelle
Tings: 275

Post by haker120 »

I can't install it on my retro winXP PC. It installs only Rayman 1 but detects other (GOG version plus Rayman Collector CD).