TTLauncher (TonicTroubleLauncher) is a collection of patches and utilities for Tonic Trouble, Retail Version, developed with simplicity and ease of use in mind, as an all-in-one program that will manage everything needed for the game to work on both old and modern systems, plus a number of enhancements.
TTLauncher is an open-source tool, and it can be found on GitHub.
Download - Last update: 06/06/20 - Version 1.0
- Compatibility: Included an unpacked executable that let the game to run on modern systems.
- Portable Mode: A series of patches to eliminate external dependencies (installation and CD-ROM presence), working only inside the game folder.
- Widescreen: A dynamic patch that adjusts the FOV for a proper, wide aspect ratio display.
- Video Wrapper Integration: Using dgVoodoo at the minimal settings needed, and optional High Resolution and Anti-Aliasing modes.
- Version Check: To know which one you have, and determine if is compatible with the launcher.
- Savegame Managing: To import, export and delete the save data in an easy way.
This, besides the files created by the game (configuration, options and savegames).
- Operating System: Windows XP or higher.
- Software: .NET Framework 3.5 or higher.
- Graphics: Direct3D11 support (only for dgVoodoo).
- Game: A clean copy of the files.
Additionally, if you're interested, i wrote an article of the whole development, which can be read on my page Hipnosis' Stuff
Also remade the different logos of the game, which can be found on my DeviantArt page:
The game had a lot of different releases, but some of them had exactly the same executable, and after extensive investigation it came down to these on the list. Mind that the ones marked as (un)protected (all versions except for the french release) reffers to the game executable's protection. The included executable in the launcher deals with this protection when present, so it doesn't make a real difference from the user perspective.
- REVIEW ENGLISH : TT221099-PC - SPANISH - PROTECTED
- SHA-256= 17457C330D11621474A50B2852618D7DF53468C24899176CB2AFC951B51518FB
- SHA-256= C379FFADD35C738C0041CEB9916CCA31C35C6EC096B1B3F257F2C66000F0BBFA
- SHA-256= 6AD8506714FC86856369FFE834BB22792AEBCD0FF4FAB780E03AA0ADB47643B3
- SHA-256= EA4BE88CEB9BB7C438BEE7F97767CF12C0F9439707A2CDAEE362FFA01C88FDA6
- SHA-256= 37631F2FE37C07DD4CCDE32C0981685E152AC016920BEB01CCC0E8FC0E53DC57
- RETAIL MASTER GERMAN V3: TT221099-PC - GERMAN - UNPROTECTED
- SHA-256= A9F88F6117D39B3AB28B0B96E873BFA6146640480877C7F864DE832DAAE3A314
Put the launcher on the game folder. Regardless of the version, a clean game folder (plus the launcher) should look like this:
While you can install the game normally, it's recommended to copy the files straight from the disc. Keep in mind that doing it this way means that the game won't work if you disable Portable Mode, so have that in consideration. There's an error while trying to copy the file "tt4.cnt" normally; for the moment the only way to overcome this is by extracting the file directly from the disc image. A simpler solution might be added later on.
Then execute the launcher. Be sure to check the settings first, and adjust them to your liking. Still, the defaults are set to fullfill most user's needs.
Well, finally, i'm done with this game. I think now i should finally play it.