Tonic Trouble Tools (Retail)

Discuss tools to aid in the modification and running of Rayman games.

Moderators: English moderators, Modding and utilities team

RayBlue
Bébé Chef Dragon
Tings: 275

Re: Tonic Trouble Tools (Retail)

Post by RayBlue »

deton24 wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 5:50 am
Looks like your wrapper is glitched.
Try out this tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJss50OWXb8
Can't see why, I've only used the exact same files the OP shared.
I'll try and redo the whole process using this tutorial and I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Hipnosis183
Bébé Globox
Tings: 35

Post by Hipnosis183 »

Quick update on this, i finally managed to get the "ubi.ini" redirection to the game path. This is what was holding up any progress on the launcher, so things should go smooth from now on.

00.png

I still damn the developers (or the compiler) for making such shit file management, but oh well, at least is working now.

Elite Piranha
Mamma Voudou
Tings: 11966

Post by Elite Piranha »

Hipnosis183 wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 3:34 pm
Quick update on this, i finally managed to get the "ubi.ini" redirection to the game path. This is what was holding up any progress on the launcher, so things should go smooth from now on.

00.png

I still damn the developers (or the compiler) for making such shit file management, but oh well, at least is working now.
Btw, is it possible for you to take a high quality screenshot of Rayman in the Ski Slope level? That would be a great help.
Last edited by Elite Piranha on Sun May 17, 2020 10:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PluMGMK
Sandra Misu
Tings: 4280

Post by PluMGMK »

Hipnosis183 wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 3:34 pm
Please don't damn them, they probably didn't know any better. :sad: This was the days of Windows 98, where sticking stuff in random places on the C drive actually worked…

Hipnosis183
Bébé Globox

Post by Hipnosis183 »

Hey everyone. Since the full launcher would take some time i will drop a preview build, which should cover all the features already established, but in a more elegant, simple and clean way. As of now, it's just for the discussed REVIEW ENGLISH versions, or those which have the packed executable. So far it's been tested with the Spanish and Italian releases.

To use it just put the launcher in the game folder. The game folder must be a clean install of the game files. This can be done by normal install, or by copying the files straight from the disc. The last one is the recommended, since the introduction of the "Portable Mode" deals with everything, option which is activated by default.

Some technical notes: The only bundled files are the unpacked executable (the RibShark one, i tried by doing my own, but more on that odyssey later) and the Spanish version setup, just for consistency during patching. This is because the patching is done at runtime, the files are not pre-patched. Also included is dgVoodoo 2.63.1, which can be disabled in case someone wants to use their own version and configuration (which btw is kept at the minimal needed). The only extra file created by the launcher is for the configuration, the rest gets cleaned-up.

The plan for now is to cover the rest of the releases, all with the same features. I also plan to do a write-up of all this process later on, in case someone finds it interesting. Any testing of the preview is welcomed, so i can fix any problems for the complete release.

Also, don't share the build, since it's incomplete nature.
Attachments
TTLauncher.7z
(724.8 KiB) Downloaded 3 times

Hipnosis183
Bébé Globox

Post by Hipnosis183 »

deton24 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 12:09 am
Nice work.
I only recommend to rename topic name to something like:

"Tonic Trouble Tools (Retail) Vista+ and widescreen fixes" which would tell more about its content.
Yeah, it's not very fitting anymore. Still, i will wait for the rewrite of the main thread once the launcher is completed.