Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc PC Graphics Mod Reshade / SweetFX / 32 bit depth fix

Discuss tools to aid in the modification and running of Rayman games.

Moderators: English moderators, Modding and utilities team

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
IIITA
Moussu
Tings: 1055

Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc PC Graphics Mod Reshade / SweetFX / 32 bit depth fix

Post by IIITA »

Hi, as for Rayman 2 deton24 already posted "Reshade" usage;
viewtopic.php?f=89&t=21641
I now made some effort on applying Reshade to Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc.
As I got succeeded with it, but by lacking the knowledge I could not make Reshade "Preset" for R3.

So I will very appreciate if the forum guy makes some GOOD preset !
Thanks in advance.

Here is the steps I took;
1. Installed R3 with "Elamingos DVD edition of R3" because I got "non recognition of Safedisc" of original retail 3CDs with my drive running Windows10 x64 build1909.

2. Then applied Better Rayman3 by Ribshark (many thanks to him);
viewtopic.php?f=89&t=12854

Better Rayman3.exe also installed d3d8.dll and d3d8.ini.(needed for Reshade works)

3.Then launched BR3_Config.exe to get the pop-up below;

Please note that "Hardware Vertex Processing" is ENABLED for Reshade usage.

4. Test launch for Better rayman3;

5. Now Reshade installation.
Reshade 4.4.2 is gotten from ; https://reshade.me/forum/releases/5923-4-4

6. Applying it to Rayman3.exe;

and got "warning" for DirectX8;

but anyway I need "Direct 3D 9",

7. OK! Got Direct3D 9 files into C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubi Soft\Rayman 3 Hoodlum Havoc\reshade-shaders

8. "Edit Reshade settings" made Reshade.ini file in C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubi Soft\Rayman 3 Hoodlum Havoc, then "OK" to close.

9. Another edit work on d3d8.ini following the note;
https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Rayma ... dlum_Havoc
[Compatibility]
D3d8to9 = 1 (was "0" but should be "1" to use Reshade"

EDIT:(9 Dec. 2019) Note; It will be better to replace d3d8to9 dll by the latest one developed by crosire,
https://github.com/crosire/d3d8to9/releases

10. Now launching R3 to find Reshade is working in R3;

OK, Reshade is working in R3.
Last edited by IIITA on Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:33 am, edited 4 times in total.
deton24
Garatta Ciatik
Tings: 8652

Re: Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc PC Graphics Mod Reshade / SweetFX / 32 bit depth fix

Post by deton24 »

Looks like I've made similar instruction already here:
https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/game/2165/

If you don't know how to make your own preset, use some of my previously created for Gamecube version:
https://yadi.sk/d/rrrgVjPR8Ublhw
12 was the best back then, but it may be different with PC version, so feel free to use other presets, or just modify existing, it should be easier than create everything from scratch.
Just reinstall Reshade before putting the presets in game folder, in case if they don't appeared on the list in Reshade. Editing preset there in GUI is very easy.

Personally I prefer aforementioned GC/Dolphin version because we can't inject HD textures in PC version yet.
IIITA
Moussu

Re: Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc PC Graphics Mod Reshade / SweetFX / 32 bit depth fix

Post by IIITA »

Thank you for your quick reply.
Ya, I know you posted Reshade preset to https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/9835. It was last year.
I am not so good at injecting Reshade to R3, but I made effort to understand your work on this issue.
This time, helped by https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Rayma ... dlum_Havoc, I found the a way.
I tried your preset for GC as you suggested, here's the result gotten by my PC;

As this preset is for Game Cube as you made note, the effect gave too much intensity for Rayman 3 PC.
So I am looking for better fit one for PC in the forum.
Last edited by IIITA on Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
deton24
Garatta Ciatik

Post by deton24 »

I've made a preset for PC version. Check this out:
https://yadi.sk/d/K3KMc92Sz5xsxg
Copy attached shaders. There is Radeon's CAS implemented so rather disable RIS in Radeon settings (if you have it), and also quint shaders are attached.

In case of tuning this preset -
"Clarity" should give you more brightness and sharpness, but it's very GPU demanding.
The same goes for MXAO and MXAO from quint (especially this from quint) - it will appear on the list when you move it to shaders folder from reshade-shaders (caused glitch of always using this shader after restart, so I moved it).
For oversaturation, you may check out "levels plus" manual setting, and of course bloom.

If it's not good enough, maybe use preset "0.3" from my previous package.
IIITA
Moussu

Post by IIITA »

Wow ! Thank you for this preset for PC. I ran to get this result;

My PC is equipped with Geforce GT330M 512MB VRAM.

Impressive of HDR ! I will take some time to enjoy your preset for R3 PC trying other parameters.
Anyway thank you for your taking your time for me. My issue is solved greatly by you.
Rayclank
Lums
Tings: 45

Post by Rayclank »

This is so cool and helpful
deton24
Garatta Ciatik

Post by deton24 »

I played a bit longer with this preset, and came out with a conclusion that it's a bit oversaturted and I've made a few amendments and posted it on sfx.thelazy.net.

Screenshots:
https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/10261/

Download:

All previous versions preserved.

Edit. Sorry but normally you're also forced to manually correct your paths in Reshade.ini to make the preset work out of the box (adding everywhere "./" works, but somehow breaks effects).

Don't delete ubi.bik from Videos folder to skip intro, since it will crash the game during Reshade initialization on Ubi logo.
Last edited by deton24 on Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
IIITA
Moussu

Post by IIITA »

deton24 wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:01 am I played a bit longer with this preset, and came out with a conclusion that it's a bit oversaturted and I've made a few amendments and posted it on sfx.thelazy.net.

Screenshots:

Download:

All previous versions preserved.
Oh, I checked your new presets downloaded from ;
This site has screenshots useful to compare each effect switching from "off" to "on".
I will try these out and enjoy the enhanced screen of R3 !
IIITA
Moussu

Post by IIITA »

Oh, thank you for above.
I tried PS3 texture for my Geforce GT330M only has 512MB VRAM.
But PS3 texture showed BETTER screen than vanilla, and I will enjoy this texture for some time. It's WOW , brighter than that of vanilla.
IIITA
Moussu

Post by IIITA »

Thank you for your youtube play record of R3 with reshade.
I enjoyed Rayman in R3 with your "Brillante" preset fully.
I have a question; Is this my PC's problem that I saw some "flash" or strobe light in the game screen during paying back the youtube movie ?
IIITA
Moussu

Post by IIITA »

deton24 wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:50 am Just give a timestamp, so I can verify it, but it's possible.
In youtube video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f7Q-jHQim0
One example is at 0:1:34, the screen got sudden brightness. Did you noticed when you made this post to youtube ?
IIITA
Moussu

Post by IIITA »

Oh, thank you. Now I got the point.
Hoodcom
Mr Dark
Location: R̸̨̧̛̝͎͔̹͉̫̞͚͎͈̫̲̘͕̞͔̼̣͍̞̤̹̫̘̼͚̤̮̟͍̺̯͍̜̹͓̤͖͎͌̀̿͗̍͌̈́̿̿͑̄̀͌̒̅͛̄̾̈͠ͅayman Pirate-Community Lodge
Tings: 453317

Post by Hoodcom »

deton24 wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:29 pm I've got almost 2 hour gameplay of Reshade with tex mod on PC. Enjoy
I decided to dabble into ReShade a bit, since a friend of mine had been messing with it himself for games. Which I saw your post regarding the preset, and I decided to check it out.

The primary difference is apart from disabling one of the shader effects from the preset, I forgot which one since right now I'm not at home to compare which was which, but I did take screenshots of what's currently enabled, and using a Ray Tracing shader (RTGI).

The ReShade RT Global Illumination (RTGI) by Pascal Gilcher is currently in beta, which you can get from the $5 tier on their Patreon. If this is something you like, I would recommend supporting them. Though alternatively you can wait until it's no longer beta and gets released for free.

I'm still tweaking on settings, but for a quick comparison of with/without RTGI, take a look at Bog of Murk on deton's video at the time stamp 1:01:50 and then the screenshots below:

Under the platforms you can see the shadow generated underneath them for example. Especially with a bit of ambient occlusion help adding with a bit of depth. This is something I'm definitely wanting to tweak on more, but I thought I'd share what I've got currently with ya'll. Especially since Hunchman suggested doing so.

(Note: I'm using this texture mod: viewtopic.php?f=89&t=74274)
Attachments
ReShade_MOD.png
ReShade_MOD.png (4.59 KiB) Viewed 7788 times
deton24
Garatta Ciatik

Post by deton24 »

So you did a modification of my preset adding RTGI? Great. What's the performance hit?
Feel free to share you progress. You can even share a folder with your WiP presets in a cloud so even it might be automatically synced.

BTW. Of course I also recommend supporting RTGI on Patreon since iiirc the author also created few more good free shaders, but someone found some inconsistency in his license allowing it to be just shared publicly on GitHub by someone else.
I didn't test out RTGI yet myself, since e.g. on GTX 1060 preset with RTGI in NFSUG was running below 30 FPS, but it may depend on a game and used shaders. But it strictly discouraged me in the past.
Last edited by deton24 on Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hoodcom
Mr Dark
Location: R̸̨̧̛̝͎͔̹͉̫̞͚͎͈̫̲̘͕̞͔̼̣͍̞̤̹̫̘̼͚̤̮̟͍̺̯͍̜̹͓̤͖͎͌̀̿͗̍͌̈́̿̿͑̄̀͌̒̅͛̄̾̈͠ͅayman Pirate-Community Lodge
Tings: 453317

Post by Hoodcom »

deton24 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:58 am So you did a modification of my preset adding RTGI? Great. What's the performance hit?
I didn't notice any performance hit. The only point I began to notice a drop in framerate was when I increased the amount of rays beyond 6 or so. The default is 3 and I ended up setting mine at 4.

I'm currently using the beta version 0.21 that was released on March, 28th.

From the announcements channel on their Discord:

Code: Select all

Marty McFly | Pascal — 03/28/2021
@everyone  It's that time of the month again!

Concerning RTGI, this month saw lots of experiments. 
As I want to carry RTGI to compute really soon, and have made strides towards that, all of you stuck on DirectX 9/10 should not be left in the dust! So I've decided to make sure the existing features work with as little hickup as possible, and revisited each and every one of them. So I've did a lot of dev work to marry IBL and the skycolor feature. Since they now use one unified system, they both work together now on DX9! Meaning that you get full functionality of all of RTGI on DX9. And I improved the guesstimate IBL does, which should make it more usable. Feedback on this is very welcome!
Second, the image render feature saw a major upgrade. It used to only have the first stage of the filter, which was frankly not enough and a hacky solution. So now the filter runs in full with custom hand-tweaked parameters, fine tuned for maximum quality. No more coarse noise all over the place.
I was trying this out on my Ryzan 3800X rig with my GTX 1070 GPU, by the way.

I did tweak on things a bit more last night, but I never got to completing it since I had to switch over to team practice for another game and then bed. I did leave Rayman 3 running all night on my computer at home so it's still there waiting for me to continue. lol

Though yes, I'll share the wip progress and some screenshots, I'll tick the setting for the framerate so I can capture that with some comparison screenshots with ReShade enabled vs disabled even. So that way it'll factor in everything including RTGI.

-Edit-

A couple more screenshots I did get with a comparison while in the Fairy Council.
Attachments
Fairy Council 1 - Disabled.jpg
Fairy Council 1 - Disabled.jpg (1.16 MiB) Viewed 7736 times
Fairy Council 1 - Enabled.jpg
Fairy Council 1 - Enabled.jpg (1.46 MiB) Viewed 7736 times