Rayman Jungle/Fiesta Run patch (Android)

Discuss tools to aid in the modification and running of Rayman games.

Moderators: English moderators, Modding and utilities team

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
RayCarrot
Tily
Tings: 36217

Rayman Jungle/Fiesta Run patch (Android)

Post by RayCarrot »

History

When Ubisoft updated the apps in early 2019 they broke a lot of features. The target SDK was updated, cuasing the games to display in the wrong aspect ratio on phones which are not in 16:9, several features were removed (such as the Rayman Channel) and the files could no longer be downloaded in Jungle Run (cuasing the game to crash). The only notable things added were a new adaptive icon and an updated loading screen with the new Ubisoft logo (oddly the Pasta Games logo was removed). Originally we patched these new versions by lowering the SDK, however we couldn't restore the removed features. These new patched versions are now instead based on the versions before the 2019 updates, meaning all removed features have been restored, while also adding the new features from the 2019 updates.

Patch Features

- Files which need to be downloaded from the Ubisoft servers have been redirected to archived versions
- The Rayman Channel has been restored and now uses an archived version where the previously removed videos tab has been restored
- The adaptive icon from the 2019 update is included
- The game can be toggled to run in 16:9 vs fullscreen rather than being forced into fullscreen (under system settings)
- The splash screen has been updated with the new Ubisoft logo, while keeping the previous ones too (Pasta Games and UbiArt)
- The purchasable characters in Jungle Run are unlocked by default due to in-app purchases being disabled

Current Issues

- In-app purchases won't work (restoring old purchases still works)
- Signing into Google Play games in Rayman Fiesta Run might not work (this appears to be inconsistent in the normal versions too)
- The loading screen assets in Rayman Fiesta Run don't always download (this appears to be inconsistent in the normal versions too)
- You can't sign into Facebook in Rayman Fiesta Run

Download Links

- Rayman Jungle Run (2.4.5)
- Rayman Fiesta Run (1.4.4)

How to Install

- Uninstall the current versions (WARNING: this will remove your app data)
- Install the modified .apk files

If an update to the patch is released you won't have to reinstall the game to update. HOWEVER, if Ubisoft releases a new update you will need to reinstall (unlikely though). This is due to the patched games using a different certificate than Ubisoft's.

Changelog

2019-12-18: Rayman Jungle Run has been updated fixing the name displayed under the system settings (previously it would only show the package name)
2020-02-23: Rayman Jungle Run and Rayman Fiesta Run have been updated to support Android 10 internal audio recording
2020-10-15: Rayman Jungle Run and Rayman Fiesta Run have been updated to use new links for assets on archive.org

Technical Details

The Rayman Jungle Run patch is based on version 2.3.3 (latest is 2.4.3) and is labeled as 2.4.6
The Rayman Fiesta Run patch is based on version 1.2.9 (latest is 1.4.2) and is labeled as 1.4.5
Most of the modified content appears in the "res\raw\game.properties" file. This contains the URL's for downloading game data, gallery and certain flags. If licensing is enabled the game will download the data from .obb files rather than the specified URL's.

Credits

Steo, MilesTheCreator, RayCarrot
Last edited by RayCarrot on Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.
CunningCondor
Moussu
Tings: 1105

Re: Rayman Jungle/Fiesta Run patch (Android)

Post by CunningCondor »

This only works on Android and not iPhones, correct?
RayCarrot
Tily

Post by RayCarrot »

These are modified Android APK files, so yes. We will probably make a patch adding all the iOS content in the Android version eventually so it can be preserved.
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa
Tings: 122685

Post by Elite Piranha »

Happy to see that RPC found a solution to this.
Steo
Globox
Tings: 91547

Post by Steo »

I'm glad we could manage this, and I've learned a lot about how both Java and APK files work in the process. We still have a small issue with trying to migrate to a different JSON file stored elsewhere that's archived on the off chance that Ubisoft might take it down. Surely we'll manage if we already got this far though.
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687
RayCarrot
Tily

Post by RayCarrot »

Both games have been updated to support Android 10 internal audio recording (thanks Miles!). If you're using the previous patched versions you can simply install the new ones as updates, keeping your app data.
dr_st
Eig
Tings: 40788

Post by dr_st »

I have a very old Android tablet (LG V400, Android 5.0), which is completely useless to me, so I had an idea to use it just to play the Jungle Run / Fiesta Run.

Both work, but Fiesta Run keeps asking me to log into a Google account, which I don't want to associate with this tablet. Is there some workaround? Strangely, the first time I ran Fiesta Run, it let me play without signing into an account, but then started asking on every app load. I tried reinstalling, and again - it sort of worked once, and then stopped. Is there a way to make Fiesta Run work offline reliably all the time?
RayCarrot
Tily

Post by RayCarrot »

You can use the Android Debug Bridge you revoke its internet connection permission I suppose. Other than that I'm not sure.
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

I'm not sure if disabling that in a version of the app would break it.
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

ICUP321
Bébé Globox
Tings: 625

Post by ICUP321 »

I made this a while back but I forgot to post about it here, but if anyone wants to play Rayman Jungle Run with the higher quality HD textures from Rayman Origins, I've made a texture pack that essentially remasters it, which can also be applied to RayCarrot's patched version:

Instructions: After installing the Rayman Jungle Run, make sure you run the game so it downloads the necessary files. After that, go to "internalstorage/Android/data/" and copy and paste the "com.pastagames.ro1mobile" folder there to replace all the necessary files: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2P ... NhGc9y/pub
Siddy
Poulet Zombie
Tings: 155

Post by Siddy »

Hello Raycarrot.
For some reason, when I click the download link for Rayman Jungle Run and Fiesta Run, there would be this pop up that says that the url is not found. Is there any reason why?
I'M A BIG BOY NOW MOMMA!!! :winkgrin:
Darthagnon
Électoon
Tings: 5

Post by Darthagnon »

Thank you so much for making this fix! Now the games are playable forever on PC (e.g. via BlueStacks). I was wondering, since Java has been mentioned, is it possible to launch them natively on PC via Java without having to resort to a full Android emulator?
RayCarrot
Tily

Post by RayCarrot »

No, that's not possible
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

I was still surprised that the gallery issue was never fixed considering the game cost money (not a lot, but still). I guess this would mean version 1.2.9 of Jungle Run would just work fine considering Rayman Channel is no longer archived, but it's still nice to have the DLC characters (which you can no longer buy unless you fix the latest version manually with the hidden files) and the new icon I guess.

snapplebabble49
Électoon

Post by snapplebabble49 »

This is amazing, thanks for creating this and sharing it with the community!

Out of curiosity, how come the modified builds are based off old game versions instead of the latest?
raymanchrome
Lums Rouge
Tings: 50

Post by raymanchrome »

When I booted up Rayman Jungle Run (version 2.4.4) again, for some reason it needs to turn on Wi-Fi to download additional data? Even when I turn on Wi-Fi, there's a download error. The phone I'm running this game on is Android 5.1 (Lollipop).
vCrxsh
Électoon

Post by vCrxsh »

Everyone, don't download this!!!
Attachments
Trojan inside this file!! Don't download
Trojan inside this file!! Don't download
Screenshot_20210504-151200_Malwarebytes.png (422 KiB) Viewed 19534 times
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102725

Post by PluMGMK »

vCrxsh wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 2:13 pm Everyone, don't download this!!!
Have you tested it with other anti-malware software? Apparently Malwarebytes is known to give false positives for the Ahmyth RAT on patched APKs: https://www.reddit.com/r/luckypatcher/c ... ing_false/
Nobody else has reported a problem with these downloads, and they are published by well-known and trusted members of the community, so I highly doubt this is anything other than a false positive.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 609359

Post by Hunchman801 »

Yeah, I wouldn’t be too worried about Carrot trying to hax into your phone. :mrgreen:
dr_st
Eig
Tings: 40788

Post by dr_st »

Hunchman801 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 2:07 pm Yeah, I wouldn’t be too worried about Carrot trying to hax into your phone. :mrgreen:
Heh. I was once working on an Android app which needed to record something from the mic. It was for a small research project. Anyways, at some point I was fiddling with the permissions in the manifest, because it wasn't very clear how to ask and for what. So when I installed my own app, through the debug interface, my phone's built-in security suite warned me that the app contains malware and will steal my data. :hinhinhin: