[RIPPING] 2D Rayman Sprites and Backgrounds

Discuss tools to aid in the modification and running of Rayman games.

Moderators: English moderators, Modding and utilities team

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Sabertooth
Magicien
Tings: 53365

Re: [RIPPING] 2D Rayman Sprites and Backgrounds

Post by Sabertooth »

No big deal really, just some Electoons. I'm not even sure whether these have been ripped yet or not, but here they are.
Attachments
Electoons.png
BestXIII wrote:The knaarens are very big shitass! :grrrrrr:
Rayman9930
Master Kaag
Location: Somewhere searching for Rayman's old enemies and maybe a few Rabbids.
Tings: 6790

Post by Rayman9930 »

That looks nice. I still like all the sprites on this thread so far. Nice going Drol!
I have a new status: Guardian Status! :hinhinhin:
Rank: A new battle team that consists of Rayman's old enemies Mr. Dark, the Admiral Razerbeard, Andre the Dark Lum, and maybe a few Rabbids. (Not seen on the sig.)
Now we need to crush Rayman! :hinhin:
Equilibrium369
Électoon
Tings: 0

Post by Equilibrium369 »

-
Last edited by Equilibrium369 on Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spiraldoor
Oumbr
Tings: 156595

Post by spiraldoor »

I'm not sure which kind of clouds you're talking about, but the first kind should be in with the sprite files and the second should be in with the tiles.
Equilibrium369
Électoon

Post by Equilibrium369 »

-
Last edited by Equilibrium369 on Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Droolie
Mr Sax
Tings: 61830

Post by Droolie »

Huh, strange. That sprite isn't even loaded in the VRAM in game, so it's probably encrypted in some way... for some obscure reason. o_O
Equilibrium369
Électoon

Post by Equilibrium369 »

-
Last edited by Equilibrium369 on Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chilly Willy
Gandalf
Tings: 4230

Post by Chilly Willy »

Drolpiraat wrote:Huh, strange. That sprite isn't even loaded in the VRAM in game, so it's probably encrypted in some way... for some obscure reason. o_O
More likely, it's algorithmically generated by code. It would indeed be odd if THAT was the only thing encrypted... but it wouldn't be odd if it was made via some subroutine that generated a cloud.
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
?IETF RFC 1925

Adopted as a programming paradigm by Microsoft in 1995.
Bloodgrey
Moussu
Tings: 1165

Post by Bloodgrey »

Hey guys, we are doing a stage of Rayman 1 for Mushroom Kingdom Fusion, it includes 3 worlds Dream Forrest, Blue Mountains and Candy Chateau, only problem is we lack of backgrounds for Blue Mountains and Candy Chateau, I saw some attempts for ripping it but they are not finished, and there's no coplete sheet on the net. So if anybody could provide a full background of those two stages I would thank.
WIIgeek
Moine
Tings: 550

Post by WIIgeek »

Bloodgrey wrote:Hey guys, we are doing a stage of Rayman 1 for Mushroom Kingdom Fusion, it includes 3 worlds Dream Forrest, Blue Mountains and Candy Chateau, only problem is we lack of backgrounds for Blue Mountains and Candy Chateau, I saw some attempts for ripping it but they are not finished, and there's no coplete sheet on the net. So if anybody could provide a full background of those two stages I would thank.
i cant provide a full, but i can get you the bestone i found on the net
Bloodgrey
Moussu
Tings: 1165

Post by Bloodgrey »

Well that would be something.
PowerPatrick
Master Kaag
Tings: 6665

Post by PowerPatrick »

If someone wonder what Equilibrium369 wrote, it was:
Equilibrium369 wrote:Does anybody know a way to rip some of the land and other objects like the jungle platforms and enemies from Rayman 1. I was thinking about getting some of the platforms from the mapper program but I wasn't sure if it was possible to get them directly from the game. Anyone know?
Equilibrium369 wrote:Hmm.. I would be more than happy to rip some stuff myself. Is there some sort of software I can use?
Equilibrium369 wrote:I've found the "Texture Finder" program that I believe people have previosuly used and I managed to partially see some of the images by setting the mode to 1555 and RGB checked. However, they seem to be encrypted somehow as you can see in the link below, which is meant to be some of the jungle objects. Do any of the previous rippers know how this encryption works?

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/7333/jungle1.png
Equilibrium369 wrote:Thank you, I would be very grateful ;)
I just need some of these images for the PSP Rayman game i'm making.

Edit: No worries, I think I found it (an earlier version, 1.32). It already looks clearer but not quite right, I'm just messing about with the palette settings to see if any work.

Edit 2: Not getting much luck here :| it seems like there will only be 1 out of 1000s of possible settings that works and I can't find it lol.
Equilibrium369 wrote:Thanks for the images and information, it will help a lot :D

However, I think there might be more images in the versions with the numbers on the end because if you open JUN01.XXX and uncheck vertical flip and set to 8bit palette, you can make out some objects like the animated flower and the floating lily (i think). Here's a screenshot to show you what I mean: http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/2040/captureiu.png

Is it possible to save some of the palettes used as ACT files so they could be loaded for each image and I would be happy to manually join the tilesheets into one file. Sorry for all the questions lol, it would just be easier for me if I knew how to do it. There are between 10-20 files with numbers on the end for each world and I would like to try rip some. Thanks.
Equilibrium369 wrote:Oh, sorry for the confusion. Yes I wanted both but I didn't realise that they came separately. I'm very grateful for you uploading the tilesheets :)
I was just wondering if these sprite files work in the same way because I would like to try and rip them but I don't have the different palette settings :(
Equilibrium369 wrote:Does anyone know where I can extract the clouds that you can walk on (not the background ones) from the PS1 version? I've tried looking in the sprite files with no luck.
Equilibrium369 wrote:I'm looking for the first type, but I've already looked in the sprite files for each world and the rayman sprite file and I couldn't find it anywhere.
Equilibrium369 wrote:Hmm.. well if there's no way of getting them I suppost I could just use ones from screenshots (lossless quality & correct size ones).
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

But another thing: I have to disprove Droolie, because those clouds ARE loaded into VRAM, but just in a 4-bit diminished size, where you won't notice them.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

And I have also ripped the floating stuff:
I'll make them loopable someday.
Rayrobi
Aline Louïa
Tings: 115235

Post by Rayrobi »

I ripped the Rayman GBC World map.
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

Rayrobi97HUN wrote:I ripped the Rayman GBC World map.
That's the Bonus World Map.
spiraldoor
Oumbr

Post by spiraldoor »

luc_riock
Électoon
Tings: 15

Post by luc_riock »

I am speaking through a translator .. :shock:
anyone know how to extract the demo Rayman 2 2d (which appears on psx r2)
or work with a program to recreate the level that could unite rayman gold (1)
so they could play at the level when they want
a vercion pc :mryellow: :mryellow: :mryellow:
spiraldoor
Oumbr

Post by spiraldoor »

luc_riock wrote:I am speaking through a translator .. :shock:
anyone know how to extract the demo Rayman 2 2d (which appears on psx r2)
or work with a program to recreate the level that could unite rayman gold (1)
so they could play at the level when they want
a vercion pc :mryellow: :mryellow: :mryellow:
Unfortunately it’s impossible to add new materials into Rayman Gold like that.

The only way to play the 2D Rayman 2 level is by playing the actual PlayStation version of the game.
luc_riock
Électoon
Tings: 15

Post by luc_riock »

must exist a way to extract or re-create this demo
or leave it for PSX, but separating the final 3d r2
or you could use that program to create levels of rayman 1 :? :?
Phoenixan
Ursula
Tings: 26333

Post by Phoenixan »

The lava from the earlier post looks great. :D
BlackLum1999
Fantasnip troufion
Tings: 1656

Post by BlackLum1999 »

Everyone is good at spriting here on PC :lol: