[RIPPING] 2D Rayman Sprites and Backgrounds

Discuss tools to aid in the modification and running of Rayman games.

Moderators: English moderators, Modding and utilities team

Kelvin12
Pâquerette
Location: In the back of your head, destroying every bit of knowledge you have.
Tings: 13791

Re: [RIPPING] 2D Rayman Sprites and Backgrounds

Post by Kelvin12 »

Yes, and there are still pictures too.

But most of the characters are aliens or robots other than Rayman and Betilla. Where is TEH MAGICIAN?! TARAYZAN?! :tssk:

Bloodgrey
Ptizêtre Vert
Tings: 1165

Post by Bloodgrey »

Well I had some problems it did not worked with the plugins you guys advised. So I downloaded the best of everything and it works now.
What should I have to do?

Droolie
Oumbr
Tings: 57630

Post by Droolie »

Well, if you want to help me, make save states in 1 level for every background, and send them to me.

Bloodgrey
Ptizêtre Vert

Post by Bloodgrey »

Save states for all levels, and I guess for all bosses, all right I could do that till Picture city, because I can't get through there at the precise pencil jump over parts, but untill that it won't be problematic.

If somebody has a save state after that part of picture city that would be usefull for me, I never saw Joe's, and I really would like to.

Of course I would like to help because I also need these things. :)

After that is it possible for asking your help for another 2d platformer game of the PS, Drolpiraat?

Droolie
Oumbr

Post by Droolie »

Yeah, PM me about that one then ;)

spiraldoor
Mr Dark
Tings: 156595

Post by spiraldoor »

Drolpiraat wrote:I'd like to, but I don't want to go to every level and save state every time... :?
No, most of the backgrounds are used more than once.

And what happened the quality of the final fight background? It looks great when it's small, but now that I fill the screen with it it looks all pixelated... :?

And why does the R1 world map have that writing in the bottom right corner? Could you take that out, it kind of...spoils it...

Droolie
Oumbr

Post by Droolie »

You didn't realize the world map is still incompleted, did you? I can't rip the complete world map yet. Neither can I rip complete backgrounds yet ( which is probably why the final fight background looks all pixelated in full screen... ). -__-

spiraldoor
Mr Dark

Post by spiraldoor »

Sorry, I am a bit of an amateur in...everything! :roll: I wouldn't know anything about the amazing work you do on ripping stuff from Rayman games...for me it's sort of like imagining God creating the universe... :oops2:

EDIT: Oh, I just thought of something: most of the R1 backgrounds have multiple layers...the bottom parts of the far layers of the backgrounds are often obscured by other layers...if you can rip the seperate layers, then we may be able to see parts of the backgrounds that have never seen the light of day before! :o

Bloodgrey
Ptizêtre Vert

Post by Bloodgrey »

spiraldoor wrote:
Drolpiraat wrote: And what happened the quality of the final fight background? It looks great when it's small, but now that I fill the screen with it it looks all pixelated... :?
It's because the resolution doesn't change, as it happens always with pictures, you know it's not the game itself it's just an image of the game's background, for me it's perfect enough.

Droolie
Oumbr

Post by Droolie »

spiraldoor wrote:Sorry, I am a bit of an amateur in...everything! :roll: I wouldn't know anything about the amazing work you do on ripping stuff from Rayman games...for me it's sort of like imagining God creating the universe... :oops2:

EDIT: Oh, I just thought of something: most of the R1 backgrounds have multiple layers...the bottom parts of the far layers of the backgrounds are often obscured by other layers...if you can rip the seperate layers, then we may be able to see parts of the backgrounds that have never seen the light of day before! :o

I can already rip seperate layers, but only the part of each layers that is displayed on the screen. :?

MasterHero01
Matuvu
Tings: 135

Post by MasterHero01 »

So here is it: Rayman2-Tiles PCX for the Mapper :) http://willhostforfood.com/?Action=down ... leid=29887
(for the jungle world. Plase make a backup of your jun.pcx)

It doesn't look as good as the original tiles because i had to change the palette (or it wouldn't work with the mapper) but i think it still looks good. But there are some more problems:

1. Some tiles have black edges, so it would look bad in front of a (Rayman 1) Background. So i made a version of the pcx where the clean-tiles are also black (jun.pcx) and a normal version (jun2.pcx). I think a black background is better than nothing ;)
If you want to use the jun2.pcx you must rename it to jun.pcx. The other file you should rename in jun2.pcx or whatever.

2. It's not very easy to build plattforms (Tip: Use the zoom function). So we havn't a (good) template-map.....NOW! When you have build good platforms, please upload your map. Than i will mape a templatemap for us all :)

Well this all isn't great but it can give us a litte bit of the old R2 feeling. And some time later we could build lmaps with blocks from R2 and events from R1 :D Also a rayman 1.5 ^^

BTW: I also have added some things from the cake-ripps to the cake pcx (like the icecream etc.) :) http://willhostforfood.com/?Action=down ... leid=29888

...and maybe this liks could be added in the first post ;)?

spiraldoor
Mr Dark

Post by spiraldoor »

Drolpiraat wrote:I can already rip seperate layers, but only the part of each layers that is displayed on the screen. :?
Will you ever be able to rip the backgrounds so that they have the same quality full-screen as they do in-game?

Droolie
Oumbr

Post by Droolie »

Probably. But that could take a while...

@ MasterHero: I haven't downloaded it yet, but this is NOT a Rayman Designer topic. Maybe you could make a topic with modified Rayman Designer things instead?

MasterHero01
Matuvu
Tings: 135

Post by MasterHero01 »

Ok, I've done that: http://www.raymanpc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4854 ;)

Could you rip the plattform blocks (in other words: everthing that is NOT animated and NOT the backgrounds) for every world ;)? Would be very great.

There is also a rayman learning center game for the psx out. Could you rip the the graphics from that, too ? :)

edit: BTW, you know this picture?

(Source: http://www.spriters-resource.com/other/ ... rldmap.png)

I'm wondering about the gift of "your" map (in the left edge) ^^

Kelvin12
Pâquerette

Post by Kelvin12 »

I'm pretty sure almost every one knows about that picture.

Bloodgrey
Ptizêtre Vert

Post by Bloodgrey »

Let's see which levels should I do a save state for.
I'll do two for Dream Forrest backgrounds, and one for Mosquito and his boss batle background.
I'll do two for Band Land backgrounds, and one for Mr. Sax and his boss batle background.
I'll do two for Blue Mountains backgrounds, and one for Mr. Stone and his boss batle bakground.

And I'll need Cave of Skops but I can't get there.

spiraldoor
Mr Dark

Post by spiraldoor »

I think it's a waste of time to rip backgrounds until it can be done properly, in its original resolution. :pfff:

Kelvin12
Pâquerette

Post by Kelvin12 »

It's original resolution IS STILL small you know.

Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 557267

Post by Hunchman801 »

MasterHero01 wrote:edit: BTW, you know this picture?

(Source: http://www.spriters-resource.com/other/ ... rldmap.png)
The one I've extracted looks much better :P

spiraldoor
Mr Dark

Post by spiraldoor »

I wonder why they put that present in the PS1 version? Maybe if you finish Candy Chateau as well as get every Life Statue in the game(including finishing all of the Magician's challenges) then a dotted line will appear from the Chateau, and it will go to the present, and it turns out that the present is Mr Dark's secret hiding place, and you get to fight him one-on-one!!!!! :shock: