NEW RELEASE! - Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc HD for PC v2.1

Discuss tools to aid in the modification and running of Rayman games.

Moderators: English moderators, Modding and utilities team

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
aTriv
Électoon
Tings: 5

Re: UPDATED! - Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc HD for PC v2.0

Post by aTriv »

The link to Google drive has been taken down and does no longer work. Would love for this to be fixed
Hakyra
Podocroc
Tings: 296

Post by Hakyra »

Oh no, it's down?? oh well... i'll reupload it just in case.

Yes, as deton24 said, my 4K variant is sharper, and i also made sure to make everything i could widescreen friendly, but i have some seamlessness problems that i'm still fixing on my spare time, i have to do a 1.2 update sometime in the future, but as of now, TRTJA's modifications are really good and probably way better then mines, use whichever you prefer :)

Edit: Reuploaded TRJTA's HD 2.0 MOD to Mega.nz just in case (1.44GB)
https://mega.nz/folder/Qiw3UYCJ#1kf4J_FAqorXUhznDcJwFg
-Hakyra
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

Haruka? Think you've got the wrong person there! :P

I can put up the new link, and the new filesize too since it's a 7z rather than a RAR. Ideally, I'd like to put a checksum there too, but it would make more sense for the uploader to determine that, since my downloaded copy could theoretically be corrupt…
TRJTA
Lums Vert
Tings: 75

Re: NEW RELEASE! - Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc HD for PC v2.1

Post by TRJTA »

The mod has been updated to v2.1. This version includes a few requested changes and fixes and a few additional fixes. I hope everyone enjoys! Updated the link in the OP.

v2.1
- Replaced menu background texture with 1024x1024 texture, should fix issues with black menu some people had.
- After much request: changed Rayman power ups looks to include the original changed hair color and original shirt circle colors.
- Changed metal parts of hoodie (only of the standard outfit) to actual metal color instead of red. In promotional renders of Rayman these were metal colored, whilst they have always been red in-game. This fixes that.
- Improved seamlessness of fairy council wall texture.
- Improved land of the livid dead vegetation textures.
- Fixed seamlessness and added detail to a few of the of 'The Desert of the Knaaren' rock textures.
- Improved 'The Desert of the Knaaren' climbable wall texture.
Hakyra
Podocroc
Tings: 296

Post by Hakyra »

thx TRJTA <3
i will try 2.1 as soon as i can :3
-Hakyra
Steo
Globox
Tings: 91547

Post by Steo »

Oh nice actually, I have no idea how I missed this update. I'll try it out later, nice work! :up:
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687
reiska667
Électoon
Tings: 5

Post by reiska667 »

I noticed this HD update on Rayman and bought it from GOG and it is awesome to experience Rayman 3 again in HD!

But I have some issues with some textures. Especially on Land of the Living Dead there is some issues with rock textures. They are very dark, basically black and I am not able to fix it just by juggling some settings so if someone here would help me I would appreciate it!
Pipann
Bzzit
Tings: 58710

Post by Pipann »

Superb work from the both of you! I can't wait to see the game in real HD! None of that official PS3 HD remake schmuck.

That however reminded me of something I learned about recently. Apparently there is special video editing software that can upscale and enhance low-res video footage to be high-def and look very crisp and nice. Now, I have no idea if this is conceivable, but this could be the cherry on the cake for this HD mod, if someone can make that happen for the cinemas in the game.
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

Yeah, it feels weird when the prerendered cutscenes look an order of magnitude worse than actual gameplay! :P
Pipann
Bzzit

Post by Pipann »

The software is called Topaz Labs' Video Enhance AI. There's a trial version of it! :D
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

I guess it would be rather straightforward to give it a try with a short clip from one of the cutscenes. It probably won't be perfect, but AI upscaling has proven its worth.
Pipann
Bzzit

Post by Pipann »

AAAAaahhh!!!!! BUT IT LOOKS SO GOOD! Damn you game! :cry:

I guess, since some of us here are messing with the games in Unity, if they recreate the entire game from that engine, they could make use of those videos.. But dangit, I had such high hopes. :(

It's still great that you tried. Maybe you'll find a solution!
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

I know before, the cinematics would show up as black screens when the aspect ratio wasn't 4:3. How was that solved again?
Pipann
Bzzit

Post by Pipann »

So, a bit of an unfortunate question here: how long exactly is the game supposed to remain on the Ubisoft logo screen while loading all these textures? I understand that it depends per PC but 5 minutes and still no response cries red flag to me. :/ I think I must have done something wrong.

I'll update on this if anything changes or I fix it somehow. The game did force me to set up my settings and gave me a warning about the ubi.ini file being in use (??) before launching.
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

That sounds wrong all right. I remember when I was installing a Rayman M texture pack, I foolishly moved my game data folder to make a backup (rather than copying), meaning that when I extracted the texture pack the folder was there, but it only contained textures and none of the other stuff. :oops2: Maybe it's something like that?

Also, did you synchronize your texture info with Rayman Control Panel?
Pipann
Bzzit

Post by Pipann »

Yeah, I did everything by the steps. The only thing noteworthy is that I already had both Better Rayman 3 and the control panel already installed long before, so some of those steps were already completed. I also deleted the original gamedatabin folder (like a dumdum) after assuming that renaming it as gamedatabin.bak and leaving it inside the directory was what I did wrong. So if I want to revert my mistakes and go back to regular, I'll likely have to do a full reinstall.

I feel like I must have left the ubi.ini file checked as read only, since the R2 likes to mess with it and revert to its intended resolution if I don't. That's the only reason I can think of currently that could possibly mess with something, whatever it is. Let me see if that's the problem.

Update: No, Ubi.ini wasn't on read only after all, so that wasn't the problem. :| If anybody has any clues, I'll be happy to hear them.

Update 2, apologies. But I just remembered. Is it normal if the control panel message for synchronizing the textures displays "0/0 texture infos have been synchronized"? I kind of wonder if the 0/0 bit is right. Maybe it didn't detect any textures, but that wouldn't explain why the ubisoft logo in the opening screen was in fact in full HD like it should be. The game just...freezes at that point, though. I couldn't even reach my control panel for a while to shut it down.

Oh my god I'm blind I'm so sorry lmao

Uh, yeah. I'm gonna have to reinstall my game. :sad:

Okay, it's reinstalled, followed the steps precisely this time, and it's working now. I'm an idiot :hap: I didn't follow the steps correctly the first time after all, just assumed I did. I didn't know the original databin folder had so many extra files in it, so I assumed nothing was wrong with just getting rid of it. Or, rather, renaming it as .bak and THEN deleting it because the game didn't work and that was the first bright idea I came up with. But, problem solved!
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ