UPDATED! - Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc HD for PC v2.0

Discuss tools to aid in the modification and running of Rayman games.

Moderators: English moderators, Modding and utilities team

IHaveRayman4
Électoon
Tings: 10

Re: UPDATED! - Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc HD for PC v2.0

Post by IHaveRayman4 »

So I seemed to discover a bug with the texture mod where the 2nd zombie chicken egg dispenser in The Desert of the Knaaren Doesn't dispense/spawn any eggs at all which makes the level impossible to complete. I did some research before I discovered what the problem was and I find it crazy no one is mentioning this apart from one comment in a completely different thread for v1.0: https://raymanpc.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... g#p1338024

I've played from start to the desert of knaaren and so far that is the only bug/glitch I've encountered and I think it would be a good idea making a section of the main post listing known bugs.

I fixed the issue by simply reinstalling the game and resuming my gamesave.

This is also my 1st post (sorry if there's any rules broken here) I just made an account as I felt this really needed to be addressed.
PluMGMK
Dora Dodemer
Location: An tír ina labhraítear (beagán ar fad) an teanga ina bhfuil sé seo scríofa
Tings: 5635

Post by PluMGMK »

The texture mod makes the egg not appear? That's weird. By the way, the other post you linked is about the original Rayman 3 HD for Xbox 360 and PS3, not v1.0 of this mod. I wonder if it's something to do with the extra memory taken up by the HD textures…
RayCarrot
Uglette
Tings: 29064

Post by RayCarrot »

That bug is not related to any mods. It's a known bug in the game which has a small chance of happening. Usually restarting the game will fix it.
Steo
Globox Origins
Tings: 226060

Post by Steo »

I think I only ever had it happen to me once, and it was on PS2. With the amount of times I played this level, I'm surprised I only encountered it once.
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687
The Jonster
Ly
Tings: 91390

Post by The Jonster »

I've had this happen once in the PC version myself. I've had the rock glitch in HH2 (where you get hit and drop the rock in the lava) happen to me more often, so certainly there could be more glitches to be discovered regarding these carrying objects, but who knows... :P
Life happens. Just gotta roll with it!
Steo wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:05 pm
^ reminds me of mixing up directions and breaking the forum. :lol:
deton24
Photographe
Tings: 7521

Post by deton24 »

Maybe there's something which limits the occurrence of the bug.
Please upload your save from that moment if you still have it, and it the problem constantly occurs. And provide which resolution you use.

From things worth to check:
- Limiting the game FPS to 30/25
- Lowering resolution
- Unlocking FPS (it probably requires deleting d3d8to9 and replacing by dgVoodoo to avoid graphic glitches)
- uninstalling Better Rayman
IHaveRayman4
Électoon
Tings: 10

Post by IHaveRayman4 »

RayCarrot wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:39 pm That bug is not related to any mods. It's a known bug in the game which has a small chance of happening. Usually restarting the game will fix it.
I restarted my game 3 times, I must've had extremely bad luck. After the egg not spawning for the 3rd time in a row that's when I decided to reinstall the game without installing the HD 2.0 textures and it worked.
deton24 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:52 pm Maybe there's something which limits the occurrence of the bug.
Please upload your save from that moment if you still have it, and it the problem constantly occurs. And provide which resolution you use.
After I reinstalled the game I tried playing the level once again then finished it before writing my first message about the bug so i think its too late sorry.
Patrxgt
Électoon
Tings: 5

Post by Patrxgt »

Great mod! Certainly better than what we got from Ubi on X360 and PS3, but still having problems.
1. Black background on the menu
2. Problems with Polish font
3. The font is still in low resolution
4. Rayman's head still has its normal colors after using the can.
5. Unable to select HUD adapted to the controller from X360 / PS3
Alltech
Garatta Ciatik
Tings: 10273

Post by Alltech »

Combining your textures with Hakyra's was an amazing idea! 😉
😎
PluMGMK
Dora Dodemer
Location: An tír ina labhraítear (beagán ar fad) an teanga ina bhfuil sé seo scríofa
Tings: 5635

Post by PluMGMK »

Shoot, I hadn't noticed that they had pulled that off! I think surely this is the texture pack I will use on my next playthrough then!
Vaniberry
Flabard
Tings: 150

Post by Vaniberry »

Thanks to everyone who worked hard on this MOD, I'm already loving it! :coeur: :coeur: :coeur:
I've noticed these things while playing:

-Rayman's hair stays intact even after picking up a Combat Fatigues' Laser Detergent from the Hoodlums.
-Rayman's metal details on his hoodie straps are missing and are instead using the texture of the hoodie itself.
-The menu background is empty and so is the score shown at the pause screen.
Here's some screenshots to show what I mean.

I've just reached the second area of The Bog of Murk, so if I notice stuff like this in the future i'll make sure to let you know.
These are just kind of nitpicky, so take it with a grain of salt! This is my first time ever playing the PC version of R3 so, this is such a nice way to start up things! (I've previously played the PS2, Xbox and Gamecube versions of the game).
Attachments
review mod.jpg