[NO LONGER SUPPORTED]Rayman 3 4K Texture Mod[v1.1](+Widescreen support)[1080p version also available][by Hakyra]

Discuss tools to aid in the modification and running of Rayman games.

Moderators: English moderators, Modding and utilities team

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
TTK
Poilu
Tings: 2035

Re: Rayman 3 4K Texture Mod[v1.1](+Widescreen support)[1080p version also available][by Hakyra]

Post by TTK »

deton24 wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:12 pm @up Out of curiosity. Do you use 4K textures on 1366 x 768? Does it make any sense?
I guess. It works though!
Vojtazem
Lums
Tings: 40

Re: Rayman 3 4K Texture Mod[v1.1](+Widescreen support)[1080p version also available][by Hakyra]

Post by Vojtazem »

TTK wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:12 pm
Vojtazem wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:10 pm I've encountered a problem. I'm using the 1080p textures and in the part of the "Tower of Leptys", where you're using the ship turret, the game starts lagging like crazy every time, I shoot out of the turret, making these sections borderline unplayable.
I don't remember a part in The tower of the Leptys where you shoot turrets, do you mean the summit beyond the clouds with the snow? If so, maybe it's too much for your pc to handle, if so you can try The Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc HD for PC, which is still good, but definitely not as good as this. My computer runs it just fine (and it's 1366 x 768), so maybe you need that, and if you want a better version with glitch fixes and widescreen, maybe get Better Rayman 3. That may fix it because this is probably made for the Better Rayman 3 mod. Hope this Helped. :D

Links:
viewtopic.php?t=12854 - Better Rayman 3
viewtopic.php?f=89&t=74274 - Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc HD for PC
Ok, I've tried it with Rayman 3 HD, and it is still lagging for me. To fix the confusion, I'm talking about this part of Rayman 3: https://imgur.com/a/EypYAp7
TTK
Poilu

Post by TTK »

OK, Well did you try better rayman 3?
Vojtazem
Lums
Tings: 40

Post by Vojtazem »

TTK wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:40 pm OK, Well did you try better rayman 3?
Alright, so I have no idea, how that can happen, but the lags were caused by my controller. When I tried to play the same part with keyboard, it worked completely fine.
TTK
Poilu

Post by TTK »

ok, but did you try better rayman 3, if you want widescreen and I thinks some bug fixes, choose it.
Hakyra
Podocroc
Tings: 296

Post by Hakyra »

Quite a long time hasn't it?

A lot has happened since i last updated this project, the only thing that matters for future versions, i got a new pc, a very powerful at that which allows me to do what i originally wanted but couldn't because i was heavily VRAM restricted (you need a lot of VRAM to upscale stuff), well not anymore.
With that, I decided to restart the whole thing from scratch with the beautiful DoomsMae and XanderNT, we will create a new project, so this is probably be my last message in the 1.1 thread.
This version will become obsolete by then, the new one will upscale EVERYTHING from scratch (yes, including the FMV's) and it will be the definitive release.

I don't know how long it will take since i wanna focus on quality rather than speed.
if you wanna know more about it i'll prbably shitpost the upscales on the Rayman Modding server.

Just to let you all know, 1.1 IS THE FINAL RELEASE FOR THIS 4K MOD, i don't plan on updating it any further since the new mod will be practically better in everyway.

Thanks everyone that supported this release!!
Last edited by Hakyra on Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Hakyra
Mr. Cat
Lums
Tings: 30

Post by Mr. Cat »

Hakyra wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:51 pm Quite a long time hasn't it?

A lot has happened since i last updated this project, the only thing that matters for future versions, i got a new pc, a very powerful at that which allows me to do what i originally wanted but couldn't because i was heavily memory restricted, well not anymore.
With that, I decided to restart the whole thing from scratch with the beautiful DoomsMae and XanderNT, we will create a new project, so this is probably be my last message in the 1.1 thread.
This version will become obsolete by then, the new one will upscale EVERYTHING from scratch (yes, including the FMV's) and it will be the definitive release.

I don't know how long it will take since i wanna focus on quality rather than speed.
if you wanna know more about it i'll prbably shitpost the upscales on the Rayman Modding server.

Just to let you all know, 1.1 IS THE FINAL RELEASE FOR THIS 4K MOD, i don't plan on updating it any further since the new mod will be practically better in everyway.

Thanks everyone that supported this release!!

Hi Hakyra and thank you for this mod.

Just out of curiosity, have you found a method to circumvent the memory limit by the time your new project is ready for release?
Hakyra
Podocroc
Tings: 296

Post by Hakyra »

Hi there Mr.Cat!!
No, we haven't found a way to get past the 2-3GB limit restriction, but RibShark said that if he resumes work on Better Rayman 3 it could be done since he found a way to load textures externally.

As of now we're currently looking on all Rayman 3 Releases (including demo's) and it seems that some textures in the demo are twice the resolution of the retail version, as well as some slight variations.
-Hakyra
hoodlumsworld
Aurora
Tings: 15205

Post by hoodlumsworld »

That's great news Hakyra, I look forward to the release of the new mod.
gamerz31w
Ptizêtre Vert
Tings: 1365

Post by gamerz31w »

Hey guys and gals how about Rayman 3 8K Texture Mod Upgrade? Speaking of Raytracing.
Dark Skink
Paluchard
Tings: 507

Post by Dark Skink »

I couldn't download this mods because you uploaded this into the MEGA, i can't download them all at the same time without waiting or paying.
Dark Skink
Paluchard
Tings: 507

Post by Dark Skink »

That didn't work since i got 509 bandwidth Limit and no all proxy i tried to find are all dead!
gamerz31w
Ptizêtre Vert
Tings: 1365

Post by gamerz31w »

How about 8K HD textures quality aesthetics in Rayman 3?
Rayman 3 HD Sony Playstation 3,Microsoft Xbox 360 got lack of those videos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vl7gYW_vbI
Just only Rayman Origins Promo Materials basic official concept arts instead these days,nowadays.