Raym.app - Online Rayman map viewers

Discuss tools to aid in the modification and running of Rayman games.

Moderators: English moderators, Modding and utilities team

Vendeur
Tings: 9505

Re: Raym.app - Online Rayman map viewers

Post by 1234 »

Droolie wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:50 am
That's a ghostly butterfly :o

Interesting though, I hadn't thought that that could happen, but it makes sense. This is due to how I've implemented transparent screenshots. Unity doesn't support this out of the box -- I'm using a solution I found online that takes 2 screenshots with black and white background colors each and calculates the transparency based on the difference between the resulting pixels. This works pretty well normally, but of course it wouldn't work with materials with additive blend mode (light materials), where the object wouldn't even display on some backgrounds... :p

Sadly I don't think this can be fixed, at least not without a ton of work. For additive blend mode ideally the transparency would be calculated purely based on brightness, but then most other objects wouldn't look right.
Thanks for the explanation! Luckily there aren't many instances of objects with such materials (so far the only cases I've only noticed are the butterflies, probably Bégoniax as a toad, the Zombie Chicken in Rayman 3 and some Lums in Rayman 2), so it's basically no problem. :)
FC: 51.570 | CF: 129.750 | BOM: 100.899 | LOTLD: 122.659 | DOTK: 110.929 | LS: 45.340 | SBTC: 111.459 | HH: 119.849 | TOTL: 110.499

Total: 902.954
Rsandee
Oumbr
Tings: 59510

Post by Rsandee »

It astonishes me that there's already a thread about this, but I shouldn't really be amazed. I have known you for being handy with modding/ripping and all that so when I found out about raym.app about five minutes ago my first thought was to post about it here and share it with all of you. Good to see you already picked up on it (and probably developed it or something because I don't know of any other communities still existing about Rayman :oops2: ).
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 577255

Post by Hunchman801 »

Nice to see you here, Rsandee! It's been a while, hope all is good for you. 8)

Indeed, Droolie is one of the main contributors of raym.app, but just like you said, it's not much of a surprise. :P
Rsandee
Oumbr
Tings: 59510

Post by Rsandee »

I've been well thanks :) this place was the first thing I thought of when I saw that video on youtube so no it really shouldn't be haha
RayCarrot
Uglette
Tings: 29229

Post by RayCarrot »

Ray1Map just received a major update, adding support to games such as Rayman Kart :)

Raymap now also supports the newly made available prototype version of Rayman 3
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 577255

Post by Hunchman801 »

Great job, that's a really neat update! I know close to nothing about the mobile version of Rayman Raving Rabbids and while it's certainly not a great game I'm really curious to see what the maps look like, gonna check them out now. :)