Raym.app - Online Rayman map viewers

Discuss tools to aid in the modification and running of Rayman games.

Moderators: English moderators, Modding and utilities team

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Dragon Médiéval
Tings: 10724

Re: Raym.app - Online Rayman map viewers

Post by 1234 »

Droolie wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:50 am
That's a ghostly butterfly :o

Interesting though, I hadn't thought that that could happen, but it makes sense. This is due to how I've implemented transparent screenshots. Unity doesn't support this out of the box -- I'm using a solution I found online that takes 2 screenshots with black and white background colors each and calculates the transparency based on the difference between the resulting pixels. This works pretty well normally, but of course it wouldn't work with materials with additive blend mode (light materials), where the object wouldn't even display on some backgrounds... :p

Sadly I don't think this can be fixed, at least not without a ton of work. For additive blend mode ideally the transparency would be calculated purely based on brightness, but then most other objects wouldn't look right.
Thanks for the explanation! Luckily there aren't many instances of objects with such materials (so far the only cases I've only noticed are the butterflies, probably Bégoniax as a toad, the Zombie Chicken in Rayman 3 and some Lums in Rayman 2), so it's basically no problem. :)
FC: 51.570 | CF: 129.750 | BOM: 100.899 | LOTLD: 122.659 | DOTK: 110.929 | LS: 45.340 | SBTC: 111.459 | HH: 119.849 | TOTL: 110.499

Total: 902.954
Rsandee
Moskito
Tings: 59720

Post by Rsandee »

It astonishes me that there's already a thread about this, but I shouldn't really be amazed. I have known you for being handy with modding/ripping and all that so when I found out about raym.app about five minutes ago my first thought was to post about it here and share it with all of you. Good to see you already picked up on it (and probably developed it or something because I don't know of any other communities still existing about Rayman :oops2: ).
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

Nice to see you here, Rsandee! It's been a while, hope all is good for you. 8)

Indeed, Droolie is one of the main contributors of raym.app, but just like you said, it's not much of a surprise. :P
Rsandee
Moskito
Tings: 59720

Post by Rsandee »

I've been well thanks :) this place was the first thing I thought of when I saw that video on youtube so no it really shouldn't be haha
RayCarrot
Tily
Tings: 36217

Post by RayCarrot »

Ray1Map just received a major update, adding support to games such as Rayman Kart :)

Raymap now also supports the newly made available prototype version of Rayman 3
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

Great job, that's a really neat update! I know close to nothing about the mobile version of Rayman Raving Rabbids and while it's certainly not a great game I'm really curious to see what the maps look like, gonna check them out now. :)
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa
Tings: 122710

Post by Elite Piranha »

I have a question, is it possible to disable all the animations while using raym.app?, I tried viewing R2 areas and disabled various features, but some parts of the map still move. I ask this because for computers with inferior specs it may be difficult to navigate through the levels and I suppose disabling all the animations might help.

Also, how can you take a character model and save it as a PNG file?
Droolie
Mr Sax
Tings: 61830

Post by Droolie »

Elite Piranha wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:33 pm I have a question, is it possible to disable all the animations while using raym.app?, I tried viewing R2 areas and disabled various features, but some parts of the map still move. I ask this because for computers with inferior specs it may be difficult to navigate through the levels and I suppose disabling all the animations might help.

Also, how can you take a character model and save it as a PNG file?
Sorry for the late reply -- this thread got buried under other threads so I didn't notice you'd posted a question here until now.

In Raymap, you can disable 3D animations and texture animations with the two play arrow buttons at the bottom, or the P & T shortcut keys.
The only moving parts left in the levels will be scrolling textures, which don't really affect performance at all.
One other thing you can try to improve performance is disabling the lighting.
But if you have performance issues, have you checked if hardware acceleration is enabled in your browser? It being disabled is usually the main problem.

To take a character model and save it as a PNG, you change its position value so you have a clear background (i.e. no part of the level is behind the object) and then take a transparent screenshot (click the camera icon at the bottom right, toggle on the transparency to the bottom right of the big screenshot button, then click that screenshot button).
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa

Post by Elite Piranha »

Droolie wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:09 am In Raymap, you can disable 3D animations and texture animations with the two play arrow buttons at the bottom, or the P & T shortcut keys.
The only moving parts left in the levels will be scrolling textures, which don't really affect performance at all.
One other thing you can try to improve performance is disabling the lighting.
But if you have performance issues, have you checked if hardware acceleration is enabled in your browser? It being disabled is usually the main problem.

To take a character model and save it as a PNG, you change its position value so you have a clear background (i.e. no part of the level is behind the object) and then take a transparent screenshot (click the camera icon at the bottom right, toggle on the transparency to the bottom right of the big screenshot button, then click that screenshot button).
Thanks for replying. I have hardware acceleration enabled.

I can take normal screenshots, but when I try to use the transparency option an error occurs, it starts like this:
An error occurred running the Unity content on this page. See your browser JavaScript console
for more info. The error was: RuntimeError: float unrepresentable in integer range
And then it is followed by a bunch of code, I can take a screenshot of it later if it helps.

Edit: I've tried this in Chrome and Microsoft Edge, the games that I choose normally are R2 or Rayman M/Arena.
Droolie
Mr Sax
Tings: 61830

Post by Droolie »

Elite Piranha wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:58 amI can take normal screenshots, but when I try to use the transparency option an error occurs, it starts like this:
An error occurred running the Unity content on this page. See your browser JavaScript console
for more info. The error was: RuntimeError: float unrepresentable in integer range
And then it is followed by a bunch of code, I can take a screenshot of it later if it helps.

Edit: I've tried this in Chrome and Microsoft Edge, the games that I choose normally are R2 or Rayman M/Arena.
I had no idea the transparent screenshots feature was broken, but you're right, it was. Thanks for letting me know! :) Apparently a recent Unity update added extra error checks for this kind of thing specifically in WebGL builds. I just fixed it both in Raymap and Ray1map so it works again even with the new update. You might need to refresh your cache though.
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa

Post by Elite Piranha »

Droolie wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:56 pm I had no idea the transparent screenshots feature was broken, but you're right, it was. Thanks for letting me know! :) Apparently a recent Unity update added extra error checks for this kind of thing specifically in WebGL builds. I just fixed it both in Raymap and Ray1map so it works again even with the new update. You might need to refresh your cache though.
It works now, thanks for fixing the problem!
Flat Earth Society
Ray Noir & Blanc
Tings: 925030

Post by Flat Earth Society »

I used Ray1map to rip sprites from games such as the GBA version of Rayman 3, but the sprites are apparently not at their native resolution. How could I rip them at native resolution?

Here's one example: https://raymanpc.com/wiki/en/File:Sea_Urchin.png
RayCarrot
Tily
Tings: 36217

Post by RayCarrot »

In the Unity version of Ray1Map there's a section in the Settings window (Ray1Map > Settings) for game tools which has an option to export all animation frames from the game. Using that will give you each frame of every animation as a png in its native resolution. There are some minor issues for certain sprites which rotate or scale due to the GBA scaling working slightly differently, but the vast majority will turn out the same as on an actual GBA.
Flat Earth Society
Ray Noir & Blanc
Tings: 925030

Post by Flat Earth Society »

Thank you for the help!
ElZboub
Otto Psi
Tings: 6350

Post by ElZboub »

I just saw that it is now possible to view the maps of the N64 version of Tonic Trouble and the demo of Rayman 2 on iOS but I can't find these files on the internet. Does anyone have these files?
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

Just out of curiosity, has any consideration been given to allowing dsgVars to be named in Raymap? All the "Int_0"s get confusing after a while. :P I understand that there's no naming of them in the game's files, so I guess it would be a tricky job to build a database of what each one does for each AI model, but I'm just wondering if it's been considered…
KiwisSteam34
Antitoon
Tings: 5

How download sprites from Ray1Map?

Post by KiwisSteam34 »

Im will begin make custom sprites in styles that games, mean Rayman 1 and 2 Prototype, Rayman 3 and Raving Rabbids GBA.
Help please
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa

Post by Elite Piranha »

I use Edge and I'm getting the message: "Your browser does not support WebGL". Does anyone else have the same problem?

Edit: I tested it in another computer and it works, I might have disabled something, I'm not sure what.
Edit2: solved it, I think it was the efficiency mode (when it is on, the site doesn't work properly).
pompom454
Créature
Tings: 330

Post by pompom454 »

Hi. Is there a way to try Ray1Map and Raymap without using the browser? My PC's browser goes brr when I try on browser. Also, I don't want to compile source code: too long and space consuming.
ItzalDrake
Reflux
Tings: 8658

Post by ItzalDrake »

There's no need to compile the source code, just open the project folder with Unity and follow the instructions given on the GitHub page of the map viewer you're using :D
Hello! Image