Rayman Raving Rabbids leaderboards

Discuss tools to aid in the modification and running of Rayman games.

Moderators: English moderators, Modding and utilities team

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
DavidSosa
Ptizêtre Ninja
Tings: 3455

Rayman Raving Rabbids leaderboards

Post by DavidSosa »

Remember RRR when completing a minigame they give you a code to put in RaymanZone, its possible to revive that function, maybe cracking the game code system, using wiimmfi mod, i dont know but like happened with Rayman 3 leaderboards here, its possible to work again?
i hate myself
Rhinobake
Reine Ptizêtre
Tings: 4681

Re: Rayman Raving Rabbids leaderboards

Post by Rhinobake »

I always wondered why the lads here never got the Hall of Fame for RRR running like they did with Rayman 3, guess they just don't care enough. RRR isn't actually Wi-Fi enabled, so Wiimmfi couldn't do anything with it, and they probably care about its Hall of Fame even less then RPC does.

It'd be nice to see the leaderboards reenabled one day, but right now I'm content with Rayman 3; there's a lot more to the score system in that game to begin with.

You know what game's leaderboards I REALLY want reenabled? Peter Jackson's King Kong. :P
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

I guess none of us really gave it much thought until now… I wouldn't be against doing it for sure, but I don't really know much about it. :oops2: What type of stats appeared on those RRR leaderboards?
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

Yeah, it's not that we're against it, just that no one really ever asked for it. Like PluM, I'm not even sure what information was contained in the Hall of Fame codes, nor what they looked like. I seem to remember that there were several pages for it on the old RaymanZone, maybe one per minigame?

Of course, since Ubi shut down the API that was being used by the Rayman 3 leaderboard with no prior warning, and never replied to our subsequent requests, we can't expect anything from them with regard to the Rayman Raving Rabbids Hal of Fame, and quite frankly they've probably lost the code a long time ago anyway.

Reverse engineering the code generation process is fairly easy for anyone that knows how to use a decompiler, but inverting the algorithm like PluM did for Rayman 3 (that is, translating the code into usable data) is another pair of hands. But anyway, the first step is to identify what stats actually appeared in the leaderboard, and then we'll take it from there!
Rhinobake
Reine Ptizêtre
Tings: 4681

Post by Rhinobake »

As far as I can tell from revisiting a previous save file, every minigame's individual best scores or times were tracked, each minigame presenting their own code. Their does not seem to be a code for tracking an aggregate score(which the game makes a big deal of keeping), so either that was done automatically with the sum of the minigame results already provided, or not tracked at all.

Hopefully, Mr. Sosa is aware of what was on the actual website; I'm only going off of what the game itself provides, which may not be enough. :oops2:
DavidSosa
Ptizêtre Ninja

Post by DavidSosa »

So, it's possible to that function to be back?
i hate myself
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

I'm sure it's possible, but do you remember what information was on the website?
DavidSosa
Ptizêtre Ninja

Post by DavidSosa »

Here are some info take from the Wayback Machine.
It's from January 2007.
Attachments
Another screenshot, here says than each code is unique
Another screenshot, here says than each code is unique
Screenshot_2021-04-28-20-39-24-338_com.android.chrome.jpg (1.14 MiB) Viewed 8158 times
This is the original RRR Hall of Fame
This is the original RRR Hall of Fame
Screenshot_2021-04-28-20-40-18-899_com.android.chrome.jpg (1.03 MiB) Viewed 8158 times
i hate myself
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

Something tells me it's similar to the BG&E internet code system! All right, let me see what I can do. (I'll probably have to install the game and play some of it, which I haven't done in years!)
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

I wonder why they say that each code is unique, could it also contain a user identifier? I guess we'll see!
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

There's probably a random encryption code included in each one.
DavidSosa
Ptizêtre Ninja

Post by DavidSosa »

Wait, Beyond good and evil has hall of fame?, Why almost every Ubisoft game has Hall of Fame, i heard that Rayman 3 and RRR Had that, but bgae has it?
A question, if i finish rayman 3, i will have the code to put here and be in this Hall of fAME, Its cool because you dont need to patch the iso *gamecube and pc, mac os x* to be in this hall of fame, so, there will some people modding RRR to make this possible *be in the Rayman Pirate Community , the RRR Leaderboards with the Rayman 3 leaderboards, what do you think?

and, how i put a sig in my user page?
Last edited by PluMGMK on Sat May 01, 2021 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
i hate myself
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

DavidSosa wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:41 pm Wait, Beyond good and evil has hall of fame?, Why almost every Ubisoft game has Hall of Fame, i heard that Rayman 3 and RRR Had that, but bgae has it?
A question, if i finish rayman 3, i will have the code to put here and be in this Hall of fAME, Its cool because you dont need to patch the iso *gamecube and pc, mac os x* to be in this hall of fame, so, there will some people modding RRR to make this possible *be in the Rayman Pirate Community , the RRR Leaderboards with the Rayman 3 leaderboards, what do you think?
There is/was an official site called the "Darkroom", with a "Most Wanted List" for BG&E. There's an unofficial implementation on BG&EMyth: https://www.bgemyth.net/?page=le_jeu/da ... ternet.php (in French!)
DavidSosa wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:42 pm and, how i put a sig in my user page?
You can go to the "edit signature" part of the UCP here: ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=signature

Also, please don't double-post in such quick succession to ask multiple questions. You can use the edit button for that. ;)
DavidSosa
Ptizêtre Ninja

Post by DavidSosa »

ok so, you guys have made something. i think extracting the bf data will show some important thing to make this possible.
i hate myself
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

It's not about the bf data, the algorithm is in the game code itself (e.g. the EXE for PC version). I actually reversed it already for PC, but I haven't done anything for the other versions yet :oops2:
DavidSosa
Ptizêtre Ninja

Post by DavidSosa »

so, this is already revived in pc?, and... IT WILL be possible to revive this and put it here like happened with Rayman 3 Hall of Fame?
we need to know if its possible in wii,ps2 and xbox 360 to also revive this....
i hate myself
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

No, there's just a proof-of-concept script, nothing's deployed yet. Hopefully we'll get to it some time this year. :oops2:
DavidSosa
Ptizêtre Ninja

Post by DavidSosa »

PluMGMK wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:37 pm No, there's just a proof-of-concept script, nothing's deployed yet. Hopefully we'll get to it some time this year. :oops2:
That makes me so happy, but there's a thing...
1.- Will the leaderboard be implemented in Rayman Pirate-Community
2.- Will it work for ps2, x360, wii, pc?
3.- I wish to help in reviving RRR Hall of Fame.
4.- Is there a program to extract .bf data and "resave" it as .bf?, For editing some things in RRR game like reemplazing the lines that says : "Visit www.raymanzone.com to submit your record" and edit it for saying "Visit www.raymanpc.com/hall-of-fame/RRR for submit your record " it is possible?
i hate myself
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

I'm sorry for being delinquent in answering your questions, but in general please don't double-post to bump your topic (especially after just one day).
DavidSosa wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:28 am 1.- Will the leaderboard be implemented in Rayman Pirate-Community
2.- Will it work for ps2, x360, wii, pc?
That's the idea, but there's no solid implementation timeline right now.
DavidSosa wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:28 am 3.- I wish to help in reviving RRR Hall of Fame.
Great! Do you have codes from non-PC versions you could give me at some point for testing? (Privately of course!)
DavidSosa wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:28 am4.- Is there a program to extract .bf data and "resave" it as .bf?, For editing some things in RRR game like reemplazing the lines that says : "Visit www.raymanzone.com to submit your record" and edit it for saying "Visit www.raymanpc.com/hall-of-fame/RRR for submit your record " it is possible?
I'm afraid I don't know the answer to that – anyone else know?
DavidSosa
Ptizêtre Ninja

Post by DavidSosa »

ok so im only would help designing the RRR leaderboards page here, i´m good in designs, but not in coding, ok so i wish to people here to research to know how the code system works to reverse engineering the rayman rr data, and revive the leaderboards...

the page would look like this :D
test look.png
test look.png (160.74 KiB) Viewed 7624 times
i hate myself