Rayman 3 | With DirectX 9 & Vulkan | Tutorial

Discuss tools to aid in the modification and running of Rayman games.

Moderators: English moderators, Modding and utilities team

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
TTK
Poilu
Tings: 2035

Rayman 3 | With DirectX 9 & Vulkan | Tutorial

Post by TTK »

Has anyone wanted Rayman 3 Crystal Clear With Smooth Graphics, Framerate & More?
Well you have it now! :mryellow:

This still has some bugs, like not being able to Open BR3_Config.exe unless it's outside of this Rayman 3 Install directory, it still works though, and the game "crashing" when closed. But sometime i'll get those changed! Enjoy!

In this tutorial, we'll talk about how to get Rayman 3 Running in Direct3D 9, with Vulkan.

Direct3D 9
Fixes some texture and or shadow bugs in Rayman 3.

Vulkan
Possibly adds almost instant game loading after minimizing!

Step by Step for Direct3D 9:
  • If you don't have Rayman 3, Buy it from GOG or UPlay, and get BetterRayman3
  • If you don't have one, Create a d3d8.ini file, and put this in it regardless if you have one or have to create one:

Code: Select all

;; Config file for DirectX DLL Wrapper
[General]
LoadCustomDllPath        = BetterRayman3.dll

[Compatibility]
D3d8to9                  = 1
DdrawCompat              = 1
ForceTermination         = 0
SingleProcAffinity       = 0

[Window]
FullScreen               = 1
WaitForWindowChanges     = 1
  • Get d3d8to9, rename the dll to d3d8to9, and put it in Rayman 3's Install folder
  • If you don't have one, Create a .ini file called d3d9.ini, and put the following in it regardless if you have one or have to create one:

Code: Select all

[Display]
bPillarBox16to9=true
bBorderlessWindow=true
That's it for Direct3D 9! :D

Step by Step for Vulkan (If i'm right)
  • Drag and drop d3d9.dll from x32 but not for dxgi.dll into Rayman 3's install directory
That's it for Vulkan (If i'm correct)! :D
Last edited by TTK on Sun May 02, 2021 2:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TTK
Poilu
Tings: 2035

Re: Rayman 3 | With DirectX 9 & Vulkan | Tutorial

Post by TTK »

deton24 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:19 pm Vulkan makes the game smoother even though it's recommended to cap it on 60FPS to avoid physics bugs?
Did you have any framerate issues? If yes, what are your specs?
I Only have framerate issues on one funkyboard, it's fine how it is either way. I also edited it to say:
Vulkan
Possibly adds almost instant game loading after minimizing!
Mr. Cat
Lums
Tings: 30

Re: Rayman 3 | With DirectX 9 & Vulkan | Tutorial

Post by Mr. Cat »

Maybe it works differently on different systems, but I found more success skipping the d3d9.ini instructions as this would, as described by the arguments, make the 16:9 aspect ratio pillarboxed and make the full screen mode run as borderless windowed.

The game wouldn't even boot on my system, probably because I'm forcing exclusive fullscreen instead of borderless with corresponding registry edits - hence why I made this post in case other people are running into the same problems.

So, to summarize, I follow all the instructions excluding making and editing a d3d9.ini and this might be beneficial for some users.

By the way, since we're only wrapping D3D9 to Vulkan, only the D3D9.dll for 32-bit executables from DXVK should be needed, the other DLLs become redundant.