Rayman Legends Fan DLC: Adventures & Mini Become Legendary!

Discuss tools to aid in the modification and running of Rayman games.

Moderators: English moderators, Modding and utilities team

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Insert A username
Incrediball
Tings: 355

Re: Rayman Legends Fan DLC: Adventures & Mini Become Legendary!

Post by Insert A username »

oh, so you are sick? i-i understand now
stop working on the project till you recover
get well soon!
KenRaay
Électoon
Tings: 5

Post by KenRaay »

Hi! i would like to help with duck forms, and to test the mod too to see if everything's working!
Droolie
Mr Sax
Tings: 63615

Post by Droolie »

Hi everyone, here's a small update!

A few hours ago I found early versions of 3 skins in the files of old Rayman Adventures versions.
I'll share them here: https://app.box.com/s/0da8onsk2vn5tdwqebmbnbz1q5vaee4l
They are the early designs of Shayman, Teenseer and Ray-Fucius (don't mistake this one for just a higher quality Fiesta Run Chinese Rayman skin - his shoes are different).
Now have 3 new skins that will be added to the DLC, which means they will also need backlight & duck forms! ;)
I added every texture for them to the archive so that you guys have access to the highest quality version of every sprite.
Hiroshihimself41 wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:05 pm Well, from the last part, I don't really know if it's really necessary to put them on or not, during that time that I was inactive, I changed a little perspective on the idea of ​​more exclusive costumes
But if it seems good to you, you can put them with pleasure ^^
Thank you! :D I will look into adding whichever costumes are most finished when I next take a break from the rest of the DLC, as I'm now focused on that again - and making good progress, too! :)
Michu0204
Feuillu
Tings: 1530

Post by Michu0204 »

Droolie wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 1:20 am Now have 3 new skins that will be added to the DLC, which means they will also need backlight & duck forms! ;)
I added every texture for them to the archive so that you guys have access to the highest quality version of every sprite.
The duck sprites can for ray-fucious (old) can be the same as the new version ones because the hair color didn't change
CANT WAIT TO PLAY RAYMAN LEGENDS FAN DLC!
https://discord.gg/jPZRnvg8Vp Unofficial Rayman Legends Fan DLC Dicrord Server!
BeatJSR
Électoon

Post by BeatJSR »

I made the Duck Form Sprites for Candy Rayman from Fiesta Run :mryellow:

If there's something wrong with it please tell me it's my first time doing this
Attachments
new duckforms.zip
(54.18 KiB) Downloaded 21 times
Michu0204
Feuillu

Post by Michu0204 »

BeatJSR wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:15 pm I made the Duck Form Sprites for Candy Rayman from Fiesta Run :mryellow:

If there's something wrong with it please tell me it's my first time doing this
those are already made
----------
I'm back with some questions.

- when this project releases, Do you need the files of adventures and mini, or you can donwload the whole dlc and play it?
----------
Snowbrina backlight sprites!
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/fold ... 8lUfesCU1x
The 1st sprite made by HiroshiHimself and second one by Me
Hiroshihimself41
Ptizêtre Ninja
Tings: 3285

Post by Hiroshihimself41 »

I had a question about the music for the Adventures levels
Since the original game does not have its own OST compared to Mini, have you not thought about the idea of ​​reusing music from Origins/Legends that were not used (or also music that is not heard much)?
Some come to mind, such as:
-Enchanted Forest
-Mambo Mambo
-Food Invaded (not the final one)
-Hades' Abode (this music in particular would be good for that thematic level of Olympus Maximus, where everything is destroyed xd)
-Red Wizard Clan (Origins)
-Panic at the Port
-The Slapping Tree
And among others
Droolie
Mr Sax

Post by Droolie »

Michu0204 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:05 pmI'm back with some questions.

- when this project releases, Do you need the files of adventures and mini, or you can donwload the whole dlc and play it?
----------
Snowbrina backlight sprites!
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/fold ... 8lUfesCU1x
The 1st sprite made by HiroshiHimself and second one by Me
Thanks a lot! I'll implement it soon. :)
As for your question, no you won't need anything aside from Rayman Legends PC. I initially planned an Adventures/Mini files requirement but considering Adventures has been shut down and Mini's files are quite difficult to obtain, and there are many different versions of both that would just confuse people, it wouldn't make sense to ask this.
Hiroshihimself41 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:50 pm I had a question about the music for the Adventures levels
Since the original game does not have its own OST compared to Mini, have you not thought about the idea of ​​reusing music from Origins/Legends that were not used (or also music that is not heard much)?
Some come to mind, such as:
-Enchanted Forest
-Mambo Mambo
-Food Invaded (not the final one)
-Hades' Abode (this music in particular would be good for that thematic level of Olympus Maximus, where everything is destroyed xd)
-Red Wizard Clan (Origins)
-Panic at the Port
-The Slapping Tree
And among others
Yes, it has been my intention to use obscure/unused tracks (or parts of tracks) from the start. ;) As for which ones of that list made it in, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. :D
The music selection is already finished, and I'm currently about 70% through implementing that music & ambience in the Rayman Adventures levels in the DLC.
Going from the original's ambience-less levels with 4-5 short, low-quality music loops per world, to levels with many unique tracks that match the level's mood each time, and with fully fleshed out sound design, it's a pretty huge improvement! I'm definitely looking forward to showing that off when the DLC is finished. :D
manny667788
Électoon

Post by manny667788 »

I can't wait for the mod!
alektro
Électoon
Tings: 10

Post by alektro »

Just quick question, i have followed you a lot in the past, i think since end 2022 and except the yt vids there wasnt much to hear about it, the last video is 8 months ago with some skins, so do you stoped working or are you still in progress, OR could you give sum updates? :lol:
Droolie
Mr Sax

Post by Droolie »

alektro wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:39 pm Just quick question, i have followed you a lot in the past, i think since end 2022 and except the yt vids there wasnt much to hear about it, the last video is 8 months ago with some skins, so do you stoped working or are you still in progress, OR could you give sum updates? :lol:
I decided to stop talking about progress on the mod (see here) so that I would be able to keep some surprises, and to avoid unnecessarily creating hype for a release date that is still a long time away (I've also stopped giving estimates as they always seem to be incorrect).
I'm still working very hard on the project, for multiple hours every day, and I'm making a lot of progress, but you'll have to wait a bit longer to know more. :)
hubert77886699
Lums
Tings: 35

Post by hubert77886699 »

Should we add a captain laser hawk version of ray man?

His character description could say: "This former TV host is loved by many people. But watch out! His alter ego however is not to be messed with!"
Last edited by PluMGMK on Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: posts merged, please don't double-post
Droolie
Mr Sax

Post by Droolie »

hubert77886699 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:27 pm Should we add a captain laser hawk version of ray man?
I think that's a cool idea! I don't think Ramon is possible (coat & pants make it kinda difficult) but his TV host outfit from that show could be a nice addition, if drawn in the Legends art style. :)
Hiroshihimself41
Ptizêtre Ninja
Tings: 3285

Post by Hiroshihimself41 »

I could try to create it with that idea perhaps, it would just be redoing the torso, the shoes and some minor changes I guess 🤓
I'll see about that later first finishing some things
hubert77886699
Lums

Post by hubert77886699 »

For Ramon, i think we'll just remove his arms and legs.
woutidou DFM
Électoon
Tings: 10

Post by woutidou DFM »

I just have a few questions Droolie :
1- I saw than you searched in another topic the Desert Marathon event files of Rayman Adventures (I think than you possibly got Golden Marathon ones too) and the question is : Will you use theses files to make an ultimate version of Training Room ?
2-Will the incrediballs added to the Fan DLC and if so, Should we use Lucky Tickets to got them ? (a little bit like the creatures in Rayman Legends)
3-Murfy Challenges & Touch Levels (exclusives levels to Switch, PSVita and Wii U Versions) will be on the mod and if so will we must use the mouse for finish them ?
4-Will you add Kung Foot Tournament ?
5-Will you make translations in others languages ? (I can help for french translations if you will)
(Notice than I don't talk very good english for be honest)
maniacbody
Électoon
Tings: 20

Post by maniacbody »

Good day, I want to remind you about myself (I wrote here only once) and suggest that you translate the DLC into Russian. For example: the names of paintings, titles, character descriptions, their names, and much more that will be added to the DLC! I really want it to come out!

And I also want to ask if The Magician or Dark Teen character will be added?
hubert77886699
Lums

Post by hubert77886699 »

If uglette gets added, I think her character description should say: "This pink ugly fella is Globox's wife. She has 650~ kids, but no one has really seen her since the events of Rayman 2.
maniacbody wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:14 am Good day, I want to remind you about myself (I wrote here only once) and suggest that you translate the DLC into Russian. For example: the names of paintings, titles, character descriptions, their names, and much more that will be added to the DLC! I really want it to come out!

And I also want to ask if The Magician or Dark Teen character will be added?
From Hubert: oh trust me he will

I think there should be unlock criterion for the new characters. I can make a paste bin of all the criterion for the characters. I also think there should be a separate painting for the new characters so it can be all organized

Update: I just remembered my email. here it is: https://pastebin.com/FNqc7sBV
Last edited by hubert77886699 on Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Michu0204
Feuillu

Post by Michu0204 »

hubert77886699 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:46 pm I think there should be unlock criterion for the new characters. I can make a paste bin of all the criterion for the characters. I also think there should be a separate painting for the new characters so it can be all organized

It's not that easy to do everything in legends, and the skins you have in the link are not even in the same order as in the video
hubert77886699
Lums

Post by hubert77886699 »

Michu0204 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:03 pm
hubert77886699 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:46 pm I think there should be unlock criterion for the new characters. I can make a paste bin of all the criterion for the characters. I also think there should be a separate painting for the new characters so it can be all organized

It's not that easy to do everything in legends, and the skins you have in the link are not even in the same order as in the video
From Hubert: i sorted it liked that because i thought they'd fit in that order. sorry :(