Download Rayman 2 + Rayman Arena; installed files + discs

Discuss tools to aid in the modification and running of Rayman games.

Moderators: English moderators, Modding and utilities team

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Adsolution
Aline Louïa
Tings: 106718

Re: Download Rayman 2 + Rayman Arena; installed files + disc

Post by Adsolution »

I've removed the hassle of split archives: Download the installed Rayman 2 files here, all in one zip file!

Seriously, the world of file management is much clearer once you migrate away from monitored, capped sites.

I'll be updating the front page once I've managed to get everything uploaded to the new service. The new Rayman Arena installed files are next.

I'm also working on a side-project that involves modifying the Rayman 2 CD to replace the current installer with a more updated one, thus making this an even simpler process - you'll actually be able to install the game from the disc on a 64-bit system.
Super8ZX
Lums Rouge
Location: Somewhere at the Fairy Council... or was it the Snoring Tree? Who knows?
Tings: 60

Post by Super8ZX »

I tried to play Rayman 2, but then an error shows up:Please insert Rayman 2 CD in CDROM Drive.
What am I doing wrong?
Game Progress
Rayman 1: [005%] Story Progression: "Moskito's Nest" Electoon Cages: 6/102
Rayman 2: [44.9%] Story Progression: "The Echoing Caves" Lums: 449/1000 Cages: 40/80
Rayman 3: Yet to come...
Adsolution
Aline Louïa

Post by Adsolution »

Have you done what it asks?

Also, in accordance to the new installer I'm working on, here's a wee little screenshot:

Super8ZX
Lums Rouge
Location: Somewhere at the Fairy Council... or was it the Snoring Tree? Who knows?

Post by Super8ZX »

Well, I tried, but I used the original link from mediafire. I'm deleting the files that I got from that site and redownloading Rayman 2 by using your newer link that you've posted recently to see how it goes.
Note:Somehow, the GxSetup program right next to the Rayman2.exe program (Rayman2.exe might've been used for launching the game.) shows an error about glide2x.dll. I don't know why.
EDIT:I've finished downloading the zip file and extracted the folder to C:\Program Files\Ubi Soft and when I tried to start the game, It still came up with the same problem.
Game Progress
Rayman 2: [44.9%] Story Progression: "The Echoing Caves" Lums: 449/1000 Cages: 40/80
Adsolution
Aline Louïa

Post by Adsolution »

The missing DLL error isn't really important, you can ignore it.

Did you download and combine all the archives for the CD, or are you using your own CD? If that error is popping up then I'm not quite sure what to do. Do other games that require the CD to be played work?
Super8ZX
Lums Rouge

Post by Super8ZX »

Adsolution wrote:The missing DLL error isn't really important, you can ignore it.

Did you download and combine all the archives for the CD, or are you using your own CD? If that error is popping up then I'm not quite sure what to do. Do other games that require the CD to be played work?
Wait a second...Are you talking about the archives of the Rayman Arena CD from mediafire? Or the actual Rayman 2 CD?
I'm kinda confused with the Rayman Arena because it has 2 CDs, and I don't know the difference between the 2 discs for that game.
EDIT:Some games that require a CD work on my computer work, but since I usually have ISO images, I use Daemon Tools to mount them.
Game Progress
Adsolution
Aline Louïa

Post by Adsolution »

I'm talking about the Rayman 2 CD, I uploaded it in split archives as well, though it may have been removed. If the archives are still downloadable, have you combined and mounted them? If not that, do you have a Rayman 2 CD and is it in the drive?

And in order for Rayman Arena to run you need to have the second disc in the drive or mounted.
Super8ZX
Lums Rouge

Post by Super8ZX »

Adsolution wrote:I'm talking about the Rayman 2 CD, I uploaded it in split archives as well, though it may have been removed. If the archives are still downloadable, have you combined and mounted them? If not that, do you have a Rayman 2 CD and is it in the drive?

And in order for Rayman Arena to run you need to have the second disc in the drive or mounted.
I don't see the archives for the Rayman 2 CD, only the installed files. The only disc archives that I see are for Rayman Arena.
I would hardly look into getting a genuine copy of the Rayman 2 CD.....unless you still have the archives for the Rayman 2 CD, that may be reuploaded if you like.
Game Progress
Adsolution
Aline Louïa

Post by Adsolution »

I'll rip another ISO off my CD and upload it, though I'll have to finish uploading the Rayman Arena installed files before I can upload Rayman 2's.

Also, in my quest to make this all much simpler, this is my progress on remaking the autorun and installation of Rayman 2 so that it can install off the CD natively in 64-bit:

It was completely remade in Flash. I stole the PCX graphics from the original autorun file and removed their index colour limitation, so the recreated autorun no longer retains that grainy compressed look of the original, but rather the full quality images, which is visible in this video.
Super8ZX
Lums Rouge

Post by Super8ZX »

That autorun/installation/setup program looks great, I might look into that.
I'll also wait until you get done with reuploading the Rayman Arena files to a better direct-link site.
Game Progress
Super8ZX
Lums Rouge

Post by Super8ZX »

Okay, how's the progress on the process of reuploading Rayman Arena and uploading the Rayman 2 ISO?
Just let me know by posting another reply on this post if you are already finished with Rayman Arena or the Rayman 2 ISO.
Game Progress
Adsolution
Aline Louïa

Post by Adsolution »

Everything.dk is frustratingly unstable, so I'm going to see if I can upload them to the new ROTD server. I may at some point have to remove them if I eventually discontinue use of the server or it begins to take up unnecessary space, but the chances of those happening are slim.
Super8ZX
Lums Rouge

Post by Super8ZX »

Okay, I've just waited for almost two months. Is it reuploaded yet?
Game Progress
Super8ZX
Lums Rouge

Post by Super8ZX »

Please excuse me if this bump is catching you off guard, but I've waited 4 months and I'm looking around for the ISO for Rayman 2. If you're still online, perhaps you should post a reply to keep this topic up to date with the reuploading for Rayman Arena/Rayman 2 ISO. I have Rayman Arena on my Xbox 360 via backwards compatibility, so I have nothing to worry about, other than Rayman 2.
Game Progress
Snagglebee
Pti-lote
Tings: 2750

Post by Snagglebee »

Adsolution wrote:Also, in accordance to the new installer I'm working on, here's a wee little screenshot:
http://i.imgur.com/qz39X.jpg
Adsolution wrote:Also, in my quest to make this all much simpler, this is my progress on remaking the autorun and installation of Rayman 2 so that it can install off the CD natively in 64-bit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbinP_bY3wA

It was completely remade in Flash. I stole the PCX graphics from the original autorun file and removed their index colour limitation, so the recreated autorun no longer retains that grainy compressed look of the original, but rather the full quality images, which is visible in this video.

I just created my own remake of your remake Adsolution, because I was bored :P . I even recoreded the whole proccess!
Download Link: Rayman2_Remake_of_Remake.iso

If you don't like the music, then turn it off!
Last edited by Snagglebee on Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Super8ZX
Lums Rouge

Post by Super8ZX »

I got the GOG version of Rayman 2 now, just to play the game without a CD. In addition, it works properly, since I'm using a 32-bit system.
Game Progress
Snagglebee
Pti-lote
Tings: 2750

Post by Snagglebee »

And the Rayman M autorun+setup for 64bit remake of a upcoming remake finished :P

RaymanM Remake.iso
OCG
Le Capitaine
Tings: 9905

Post by OCG »

Awesome
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
L2PG
Électoon
Tings: 5

Post by L2PG »

Thank you! :D Finally able to play Rayman 2 on my windows 7. When my old pc died and I lost xp I thought I would not be able to play this game. I tried to get to work on my own but nothing would work....so THANK YOU!!!!
gorange_ninja
Électoon
Tings: 10

Re: Download Rayman 2 + Rayman Arena; installed files + discs

Post by gorange_ninja »

I managed to launch the game, but there were no textures, I then proceeded to turn off the "Transform and lighting" but to no avail. Please help. I tried messing with the settings, didn't help either.