Rayman 3 PC enb mod - MASSIVE graphics upgrade

Discuss tools to aid in the modification and running of Rayman games.

Moderators: English moderators, Modding and utilities team

MadMrMac
Œil Rebondissant
Tings: 40

Rayman 3 PC enb mod - MASSIVE graphics upgrade

Post by MadMrMac » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:02 pm

I searched the internet for a while and found nothing so I decided to do it myself and share with the community here - ENB mod for PC Rayman 3!
This mod upgrades the graphics of the game adding enhanced contrast, better colours, bloom, blur and some other effects so the game looks like if it was realeased a couple months ago. As you may know, Rayman 3 came out in 2003 and it uses directx8 library. The key of this mod is to convert this library to directx9 and use it's power to generate additional effects.

Note: you will need quite a powerful computer to run the game with these settings.

Here is the instruction of installation of the mod:

1. Download dx converter from

http://enbdev.com/convertor_dx8_dx9_v0035.htm (all credits to Boris Vorontsov, I'm not an author of these files)

2. Download enb settings

with blur
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?b3f2h72v5n2hzce

without velocity blur (there will be blur only when you rotate camera)
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?1nof2oxfxavj4p0

without blur
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?c1ia776v28hvl1z

or alternative version - decreased the brightness and the bloom effect

with blur
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?t87a15nzr8t164n

without velocity blur (there will be blur only when you rotate camera)
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?0orp25l1069wevm

without blur
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ao0kampy0kawua7

3. unpack the converter and enb files directly to your Rayman 3 folder (probably in C:/Program Files/Rayman 3)

4. Go to C:/Windows/UbiSoft and open ubi.ini file (using a notepad), search for TnL option under [Rayman3] and change it from 1 to 0. (if you are playing on a big screen you can also change the resolution to your custom in the same file, two lines above TnL - it has nothing to do with the mod)

5. Launch the game and have fun! - you can turn enb on and off instantly during gameplay using shift+F12 combnation

Note: I noticed that after using the alt+tab combination and returning to the game some of the effects (like depth of the field) may stop working so try to avoid alt tabbing.
Note 2: if the game's performance is low, try switching windows areo off (in vista and 7), sometimes it helps a lot

I hope you enjoy it! If you don't like something or have some problems or have some suggestions, post it here, this mod is fully customisable and there are a lot of options which can be changed.

screens:

screens of the alternative version (notice the blur and depth of field, note it's hard to make a good screen during gameplay because I have only two hands ( :D ) and it's good to try the mod out to see how it really acts in action):
Last edited by MadMrMac on Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Spanex
Électoon
Tings: 0

Re: Rayman 3 PC enb mod - MASSIVE graphics upgrade

Post by Spanex » Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:27 pm

Looks tempting and all but there are the "After" screens?

MadMrMac
Œil Rebondissant

Post by MadMrMac » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:00 pm

I posted 3 big images containing before and after. If they are too big, click right and choose show image and you will see them all.

Master
Rayman Origins
Tings: 404000

Post by Master » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:52 pm

Looks interesting...
My laptop is lowly on the specs though, but I'll see if I can try it out.
Now if only there was a mod to make Rayman 3 properly widescreen...

Dildo_Potter
Mr Sax
Tings: 28678

Post by Dildo_Potter » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:40 pm

Wow, I will try that soon and make videos, thank you man ! :wink:

Spanex
Électoon

Post by Spanex » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:58 pm

MadMrMac wrote:I posted 3 big images containing before and after. If they are too big, click right and choose show image and you will see them all.

Ah. I didn't realize I had to scroll down. Looks pretty nice. But the brightness? Ehhhh...

Master
Rayman Origins
Tings: 404000

Post by Master » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:37 pm

It certainly requires a power boost, my laptop went from running it at 30fps, to running it at 9fps with the mod active.
In terms of effects, it does make colours alot more brighter and appear sharper, but at the same time, it often makes it too bright.

Spanex
Électoon

Post by Spanex » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:44 pm

I'll just stick to forcing AA from Catalyst Control Center. No offense.

Adsolution
Dora Dodemer
Tings: 5007

Post by Adsolution » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:19 pm

Very interesting! However... I don't think the bloom was put to good use. It looks exaggerated, almost as if my pupils were extremely dilated for no reason. For example, if you look at the sky, it's just white. It almost looks like CoD.

I'll definitely look into this though, because the concept is very interesting.

MadMrMac
Œil Rebondissant

Post by MadMrMac » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:49 pm

Spanex wrote:I'll just stick to forcing AA from Catalyst Control Center. No offense.

Nah, come on, everyone plays like he/she likes, I will never feel offended :D
As to the brightness, I played the game seriously for a while and you're right, it's too bright at some moments.
Solution - just delete the enbpalette.bmp, now the game will keep it's original colours, should be much better.
Also, if you open enbseries.ini file and scroll down to the BloomMaxLimit option under [BLOOM], you can lower the number from 80 to 40 or even less if like, it will make the bloom effect not so intense, it's all to your personal taste. You can modify this file without exiting the game, just edit it, save and return to the game to see the difference.
Hope that will help :)

Spanex
Électoon

Post by Spanex » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:23 pm

MadMrMac wrote:
Spanex wrote:I'll just stick to forcing AA from Catalyst Control Center. No offense.

As to the brightness, I played the game seriously for a while and you're right, it's too bright at some moments.
Solution - just delete the enbpalette.bmp, now the game will keep it's original colours, should be much better.
Also, if you open enbseries.ini file and scroll down to the BloomMaxLimit option under [BLOOM], you can lower the number from 80 to 40 or even less if like, it will make the bloom effect not so intense, it's all to your personal taste. You can modify this file without exiting the game, just edit it, save and return to the game to see the difference.

In that case I may try it. Do you think forcing AA will work alongside it? Cause that would be perfect.

MadMrMac
Œil Rebondissant

Post by MadMrMac » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:52 pm

Spanex wrote:
MadMrMac wrote:

In that case I may try it. Do you think forcing AA will work alongside it? Cause that would be perfect.

It works well for me on nvidia (tried x16 and x32), I don't know what about ATI but there should be no problem with it as well.

DesLife
Dora l'exploratrice
Tings: 186263

Post by DesLife » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:54 pm

Hm, those screenshots certainly don't look better to me. Please post screenies with your latest modifications.

Spanex
Électoon

Post by Spanex » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:35 pm

It looks pretty nice having bloom at 40 and without the brightness layer it's way easier to see. Are there any other options we can tweak like sharpness and the blur that sometimes appears around the corners of the screen?

MadMrMac
Œil Rebondissant

Post by MadMrMac » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:49 pm

I updated the files and screens.
Spanex wrote:It looks pretty nice having bloom at 40 and without the brightness layer it's way easier to see. Are there any other options we can tweak like sharpness and the blur that sometimes appears around the corners of the screen?

Yes of course, just open enbseries.ini and experiment with options under each filter. To tweak blur for example, find [MOTIONBLUR] and try changing the values of velocity and rotation, then save the file. Just remember to have the original file in case you messed it up too much :wink:
As I wrote before I'm working on a crap computer at the moment so some settings may be not optimized well as it's not possible for me to check them out during high-fps gameplay.
I added versions without any blur as well.

Spanex
Électoon

Post by Spanex » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:03 pm

MadMrMac wrote:I updated the files and screens.
Spanex wrote:It looks pretty nice having bloom at 40 and without the brightness layer it's way easier to see. Are there any other options we can tweak like sharpness and the blur that sometimes appears around the corners of the screen?

Yes of course, just open enbseries.ini and experiment with options under each filter. To tweak blur for example, find [MOTIONBLUR] and try changing the values of velocity and rotation, then save the file. Just remember to have the original file in case you messed it up too much :wink:
As I wrote before I'm working on a crap computer at the moment so some settings may be not optimized well as it's not possible for me to check them out during high-fps gameplay.

Ah, I managed to make the blur around the corners go away. I just want the sharpness to go away too. I'm tweaking with the options right now. Basically all I really want is the bloom.

And don't worry, my computer is a monster. I could even record some gameplay after I got it how I want. :)

Edit: I found out how to remove sharpness. It's in effect.txt. You'll find the option for sharpness there. Just put "float Sharpening Amount" to 0.0 if you don't like it.
Last edited by Spanex on Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MadMrMac
Œil Rebondissant

Post by MadMrMac » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:30 pm

Spanex wrote:
MadMrMac wrote:I updated the files and screens.

Ah, I managed to make the blur around the corners go away. I just want the sharpness to go away too. I'm tweaking with the options right now. Basically all I really want is the bloom.

And don't worry, my computer is a monster. I could even record some gameplay after I got it how I want. :)

Pm me a link if you record it, I'll be glad to see it :D
As to the sharpness, this is the ready filter I found somewhere on the internet (don't remember really where, but I liked it and stuck to it :) ) and basically this is the effect.txt file. You can try to modify it, but I will not help you as I have never tried to modify it myself, or you can just delete it and the sharpness will be gone.
If you want to experiment, check this site with some filters: http://enbdev.com/effect_en.htm

Spanex
Électoon

Post by Spanex » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:33 pm

Yes, I found it before you told me and I edited my last post for it. Thanks all the same! :)

Anyway, A comparison screenshot with my own mod settings, with the modifications turned on to the right. I saved these as a separate .ZIP file.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/ ... ttings.jpg

DesLife
Dora l'exploratrice
Tings: 186263

Post by DesLife » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:13 pm

Can't say I see much difference.

Spanex
Électoon

Post by Spanex » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:40 pm

DesLife wrote:Can't say I see much difference.

That's because I only wanted the bloom to appear. Everything else is meaningless to me.