Who likes modding Rayman 2 & 3?

Discuss tools to aid in the modification and running of Rayman games.

Moderators: English moderators, Modding and utilities team

PluMGMK
Pizzicatta
Location: Tír an "Tuisil Ghinidigh" agus an "Mhodha Choinníollaigh"
Tings: 3780

Re: Who likes modding Rayman 2 & 3?

Post by PluMGMK » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:09 am

Nice work!
A Rayman 2 translation index sounds good, since apparently there exist at least two translations most of us were unaware of.

Haruka
Rayman 2
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:40 am

Well, I am really close to finish the text translation process. After this I will have to test the game with the changed file and look for bugs, typos, text overwriting the black boxes/screen limits. :P

Shrooblord
Froutch
Tings: 64530

Post by Shrooblord » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:55 pm

Haruka wrote:Does anyone knows by heart the exact maximum capacity of black text boxes? This would be useful to know how to manage the word distribution per line and to find for alternative synonyms for words that do not fit entirely in the box.
Completely depends. I have patched the game to widescreen and I notice that it adds a lot more space for text on a per-line instance.
Carrot-master wrote:As for testing, it usually comes in handy to use the gothere cheat. Using it on a new save file before you finish the first level will result in you being able to skip the intro, which is quite convenient if you only want to check out the prison escape scene for example.
I wish I'd known that about the intro skipping when I started modding the Prison Ship and Woods of Light. I've watched that intro about 30 times now :tssk:
Play Rayman Arena (PC) online with friends~!
Dart wrote:Sometimes life just comes out of nowhere and demands a lot of your attention.

Haruka
Rayman 2
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:11 am

Well guys, you can join a third language to the modding club!

PluMGMK
Pizzicatta
Location: Tír an "Tuisil Ghinidigh" agus an "Mhodha Choinníollaigh"
Tings: 3780

Post by PluMGMK » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:02 pm

Shrooblord wrote:
Carrot-master wrote:As for testing, it usually comes in handy to use the gothere cheat. Using it on a new save file before you finish the first level will result in you being able to skip the intro, which is quite convenient if you only want to check out the prison escape scene for example.
I wish I'd known that about the intro skipping when I started modding the Prison Ship and Woods of Light. I've watched that intro about 30 times now :tssk:
I discovered it a few weeks ago when I decided to replay the game to help me answer a TTQ question. I was pretty browned off that it had taken me so many years! :P