Rayman 3 speedrunning

Speedrunning news, techniques and events: a place for those who live fast, at least when it comes to Rayman games.

Moderators: English moderators, Speedrunning team

Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 575615

Re: Rayman 3 speedrunning

Post by Hunchman801 »

Yeah, this is a lot more pleasant to watch than any% runs. There's a few unintended ledge grabs, jumps swims, hook grabs, damage boosts and even a shock rocket boost, but they don't feel out of the place and only allow small shortcuts, which means you get to see most of the game. And you still get to hit Grim Keepers over their shield. :hap:

Anyway, great run from Nandii here, good to see a new world record. And what's more, there's still potential for improvement with all the time lost with the plum in LOTLD. :mrgreen:
SpeedBot
Matuvu
Tings: 140

Post by SpeedBot »

A new run has just been validated on speedrun.com!

PC - Any% No Major Glitches in 02h 10m 04s by SorrowClown - 4th place

Submitted: 23/02/2021
Platform: PC
SorrowClown wrote:Some places are not well trained, a good run for me.
Additional details:
  • Game Speed: 1.2×

hoodlumsworld
Sandra Misu
Tings: 4180

Post by hoodlumsworld »

And yet another one! I can see that PC has sub-2-hour runs for Any%, is this because of the 1.2× Game Speed thing or is it just the runs that are much better?
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 575615

Post by Hunchman801 »

The 120% game speed is definitely making a huge difference, you're basically shaving off 1/6th of the time compared to a 100%-game-speed run. I remember reading that it can have an impact on jump height as well but I'm not too sure how.