Star Wars

For everything not related to either Rayman or Pirate-Community.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Shrooblord
Mr Stone
Tings: 67030

Re: Star Wars

Post by Shrooblord »

I see. Well, now I'm even more piqued to find out what kind of story the end of Nine will clue towards, if he hasn't since then created a solid ending for it, considering he's not going to be doing the 'final final' three eps.
Play Rayman Arena (PC) online with friends~! (Or here.)
Dart wrote:Sometimes life just comes out of nowhere and demands a lot of your attention.
MrBadGuy
Antitoon
Tings: 0

Post by MrBadGuy »

My guess is that Lucas has given Disney a basic outline, or at least suggestions on where the story should go, but nothing more.
Click the picture for a hi-res version of the opposite of the worst artwork your eyeballs haven't ever not seen
Jewish Candy
Creveton
Tings: 28664

Post by Jewish Candy »

I'd be very, very surprised if Disney was going ahead with Lucas' original sketch. He's not exactly a fantastic scriptwriter.
Sig by Juli Patti~
Proof that I control the Pirate Community at its highest levels. And here, further evidence of my divinity...
Words to live by:
[quote="Melody"]eybrows make everything shmexy[/quote]
OCG
Le Capitaine
Tings: 9905

Post by OCG »

If I had to choose, I would actually prefer Lucas' s original sketch over Disney any time
Disney is probably gonna butcher it and make it too kid friendly.
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

I wouldn't be so negative, they don't seem to have a detrimental effect on the likes of Marvel.
Jewish Candy
Creveton
Tings: 28664

Post by Jewish Candy »

I don't know, Star Wars was already pretty kid-friendly...
For me the problem with Lucas is his contrived plots and incredibly forced dialogue. And "comedy". The benefit to having his script would be consistency, I guess, and less chance of Disney losing the original feel of the movies. Then again, the prequels didn't feel much like the OT, at least to me.
Sig by Juli Patti~
Proof that I control the Pirate Community at its highest levels. And here, further evidence of my divinity...
Words to live by:
[quote="Melody"]eybrows make everything shmexy[/quote]
MrBadGuy
Antitoon

Post by MrBadGuy »

I think we all probably agree that Lucas can be really good at coming up with stories (Indiana Jones, Star Wars, American Graffiti etc.) but the major thing he really lacks is the ability to write dialogue (as Candish said).

The screenplay is being written by J.J. Abrams, and Lawrence Kasdan (Writer on Empire, Jedi and Raiders), so I think the chances of being "too Lucas" or "too Disney" are pretty fridging slim
Click the picture for a hi-res version of the opposite of the worst artwork your eyeballs haven't ever not seen
spiraldoor
Oumbr
Tings: 156595

Post by spiraldoor »

OldClassicGamer wrote:If I had to choose, I would actually prefer Lucas' s original sketch over Disney any time
Disney is probably gonna butcher it and make it too kid friendly.
Star Wars is for children. The Empire Strikes Back is rated PG, and that's the way it should be.
incognito
Électoon

Post by incognito »

Star wars Disney, Mickey is gonna appear and say :

Hello Kids !

Fuck that.

The star wars games, and comic aren't very kid freindly, Just take the Boba Fett comics.

And i don't think the original star wars are for kids, why :

Skywalker's family, burned alive by the empire.

Ewoks, all killded by the shock troopers.

Darth vader, destroying an entire planet.

Han solo, eviscerating a tauntaun for his heat.

The imperial massacre in Leia's ship.

And Vader trying to kill his own son, what an example....
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

Again, Marvel. What's with people saying that just because Disney owns Star Wars that they'll be putting in Mickey and whatnot?
OCG
Le Capitaine
Tings: 9905

Post by OCG »

Master wrote:I wouldn't be so negative, they don't seem to have a detrimental effect on the likes of Marvel.
Thats because they only distribute Marvel films and make no decissions regarding story. For SW VII that does not seem to be the case since Disney is also producing it.
spiraldoor wrote:Star Wars is for children. The Empire Strikes Back is rated PG, and that's the way it should be.
Fair point, but there are still multiple levels of PG (at least in my opinion). I can find some PG movies with more and some with less darker tone. I still think Disney will ruin it and I am 100% positive that I will not watch it.
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
MrBadGuy
Antitoon

Post by MrBadGuy »

OldClassicGamer wrote:I am 100% positive that I will not watch it.
I wonder what it's like to be so cynical
spiraldoor
Oumbr
Tings: 156595

Post by spiraldoor »

incognito wrote:The star wars games, and comic aren't very kid freindly, Just take the Boba Fett comics.

And i don't think the original star wars are for kids, why :

Skywalker's family, burned alive by the empire.

Ewoks, all killded by the shock troopers.

Darth vader, destroying an entire planet.

Han solo, eviscerating a tauntaun for his heat.

The imperial massacre in Leia's ship.

And Vader trying to kill his own son, what an example....
The original trilogy has some mild fantasy violence, half of which takes place off-screen. You're trying to make it sound like Rambo, but none of it is severe enough to earn even a PG-13 rating. Of course it's for kids. Nobody involved in the films cares about the dark and edgy comics or video games, that's why they've declared that Episode VII onwards will ignore them.
incognito wrote:Star wars Disney, Mickey is gonna appear and say :

Hello Kids !

Fuck that.
:boon:
OldClassicGamer wrote:I am 100% positive that I will not watch it.
You care enough about Star Wars to argue about it on a message board, but you're not going to watch Episode VII? Somehow I doubt that.
MrBadGuy
Antitoon

Post by MrBadGuy »

My thoughts:

Disney is a smart company, they know what people want from Star Wars, and there are probably a ton of people there who are big fans of the original trilogy, they're gonna do their best to give people what they want. Which isn't making the same mistakes as the prequels, and isn't a fluffy, Disney cartoon either.

Aside from that, Disney has made plenty of movies that appeal to adults and children alike.

They paid north of 4 billion dollars for the franchise. They're gonna be very careful about upsetting fans.

People need to stop looking at it as a Disney film anyway, it's a J.J. Abrams film, which personally I think is probably a good thing, he'll probably bring some much needed freshness to the series, and he's a huge Star Wars fan himself.

Wait and see guys, we won't know what the movie will be like until we see it.. the internet's always so negative :roll:
incognito
Électoon

Post by incognito »

I planned to re-watch all the episodes, I just finished the I, I hate the fact Anakin is considered to have stopped the Droid blockade, it wasn't him, it was Rhys Dallows.

And Jar Jar Binks is too shown, yes, he had a role in the story, but his specie is not a good idea.

But I like the Toydarian specie, it is perfect for Tatooine and the movie, a cupid and awful looking character, like Jabba, simply what I love.

Also I have to add that Anakin's french dubber is kinda bad, I wish I had the english version, so I could compare.

The scene of Dark Maul fight is sensational, but he died too early he was a so good character.

Tomorrow, I will talk about the Episode II
Pirez
Globox
Tings: 98075

Post by Pirez »

#BumpTopicsOnFriday

I'm getting a bit worried over Rogue One. Earlier this year Disney announced they needed to do some reshoots for the movie because it "was too dark".

The worrying part of this is that Warner Bros did the exact same thing for Suicide Squad and apparently it was the absolute worst thing since Adolf Hitler. I fear the cop out on Disney's part is ultimately going to cost the movie, quality-wise.
Dart
Clark
Tings: 49845

Post by Dart »

Actually reshoots are quite common in movies nowadays and I doubt Disney's going to screw it up, the MCU movies are notorious for reshoots too and they're mostly great films.
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

I don't think the reshooting part is the issue Pirez is referring to, but the reasoning behind it. Rogue One does feel like an exceptionally darker tale compared to the usual Star Wars episodes, but I don't know if reshooting to lighten the tone is really necessary. Time will tell, I guess.
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

Bit of a bump, seeing as Rogue One is almost out, and Rebels is also back on.

Does anyone else follow Rebels? I haven't watched the earlier stuff, but I started following mid-season 2 and I enjoyed it.
gamerz31w
Ptizêtre Vert
Tings: 1365

Post by gamerz31w »

did you watch parody of star wars rogue one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IcjLG_VfNg