Rayman 2

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.

Which version is your favourite?

PC
36%
Nintendo 64
6%
Dreamcast
16%
PlayStation 1
7%
Revolution (PlayStation 2)
32%
Forever (GBC)
1%
DS
1%
iOS
0%
3DS
1%

Total votes: 264

Henchman1028
Céloche
Tings: 7626

Re: Rayman 2

Post by Henchman1028 »

By the way, some of the levels change in Revolution if you revisit them after beating them once. For example, there are more pirates in the Fairy Glade when you revisit it than the first time, you fight Zombie Pirates in the Tomb of the Ancients if you revisit it while you didn't the first time through, etc. guess it is some of the Metroidvania aspects they added to Revolution like having to revisit certain levels with new powers to 100% them.
Eren
El Stomacho
Tings: 24258

Post by Eren »

Wow i didn't know that :P
Also, was the Globber flash game ever found? i only have a picture of globox with the name Globber under him :/
Also founded the page where you could play it http://web.archive.org/web/200001180917 ... word=Guest but it requires java :c
SIG UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Image Image
Steam Profile Youtube Account
Teensie&Stenopelix
Lums Jaune
Tings: 160

Post by Teensie&Stenopelix »

The Zombie Robo-Pirate soundtrack/OST/music is the most serious thing to come out of any of the main Rayman games, ever :| ! Wow the second adventure (btw surprise-surprise, one of my childhood games, was a integral part of me growing up ^~^) really was the most serious moment in rayray's young life, though really in the long run, he hasn't faced anything nitty-gritty.... :hehe: Yet... (or did he between the first & second game¿?)
Henchman1028
Céloche

Post by Henchman1028 »

Does Jano count? Apparently, he was the first big bad guy Polokus accidentally created from his nightmares and tried to take over the Glade of Dreams with a army of Antitoons, but was defeated by Rayman sometime before the first game and forced to become the guardian of The Cave of Bad Dreams.
Teensie&Stenopelix
Lums Jaune
Tings: 160

Post by Teensie&Stenopelix »

Hmmm, I wonder, was Jano scary looking in Rayman's very first heroic caper? I hope it is referenced sometime soon....

(i am currently imagining a three-pronged hair roundish Rayray facing off Jano with his zazzling darktoons!)
Henchman1028
Céloche

Post by Henchman1028 »

Has anybody else seen TheLonelyGoomba's video of the GBC version of Rayman 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSOFkNy ... razZDEZPkw

4:14 OH GOD MY EYES!!!!
Eren
El Stomacho
Tings: 24258

Post by Eren »

Ah yes, that's probably one of my favorite episodes of the LonelyGoomba
SIG UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Image Image
Steam Profile Youtube Account
CHRdutch
El Stomacho
Tings: 23733

Post by CHRdutch »

@henchman1028
Yeah, I already saw that episode :P

P.S.
Did any of you guys know that the Tonic trouble cutscene is ON the Rayman 2 disc!? :shock:
Ambidextroid wrote:< was in such a rush < had no time for breakfast, so < took a fistful of corn flakes and stuffed them in <'s mouth, then poured milk over the top. It worked but it drizzled milk all over <'s front...
Record Day 2015 madness
Henchman1028
Céloche

Post by Henchman1028 »

By the way, the Arms in the Cave of Bad Dreams in the PS1 version of Rayman 2 have different animations than in the other versions.
Rayman fan2000
Barbara
Tings: 10530

Post by Rayman fan2000 »

I have a tiny problem with the PC version of this game, not sure if it's big enough to make a new topic of it so I'll post here. At random times the framerate suddenly rises real high and the game gets really smooth for a second, and then it drops to 30 again. What's that all about?
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

We've discussed that before, I don't think we've ever figured it out, though I think someone did theorise it was some form of built in limiter to prevent hardware of the time from getting damage from overuse.

EDIT: Ah, it was Ad. Here's Ad's explanation on it: http://raymanpc.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 46#p799596
Henchman1028
Céloche

Post by Henchman1028 »

Speaking of the Arms, it says on the Raywiki page (http://raymanpc.com/wiki/en/Arm ) they escaped after the Destruction of the Heart of the World and took refuge in the Tomb of the Ancients. If this is true, that would also explain the Mini-Jano(s) in The Sanctuary of Stone and Fire. Probably escaped as well and took refuge there.
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

Hmm, I don't recall any source that explicitly stated that, I'd be inclined to remove that unless a source is given.
need my speed
Le Capitaine
Tings: 9865

Post by need my speed »

Teensie&Stenopelix wrote:The Zombie Robo-Pirate soundtrack/OST/music is the most serious thing to come out of any of the main Rayman games, ever :| ! Wow the second adventure (btw surprise-surprise, one of my childhood games, was a integral part of me growing up ^~^) really was the most serious moment in rayray's young life, though really in the long run, he hasn't faced anything nitty-gritty.... :hehe: Yet... (or did he between the first & second game¿?)
What are you referring to? The battle music that plays when you fight the zombie pirates, which, I presume (haven't looked yet) is on RayTunes?
Henchman1028 wrote:Does Jano count? Apparently, he was the first big bad guy Polokus accidentally created from his nightmares and tried to take over the Glade of Dreams with a army of Antitoons, but was defeated by Rayman sometime before the first game and forced to become the guardian of The Cave of Bad Dreams.
Is this true? Jano was a villain before Mr. Dark? How do you know this? So we could one day get some kind of prequel Rayman game? :P
Hello there! o/
Henchman1028
Céloche

Post by Henchman1028 »

need my speed wrote:
Henchman1028 wrote:Does Jano count? Apparently, he was the first big bad guy Polokus accidentally created from his nightmares and tried to take over the Glade of Dreams with a army of Antitoons, but was defeated by Rayman sometime before the first game and forced to become the guardian of The Cave of Bad Dreams.
Is this true? Jano was a villain before Mr. Dark? How do you know this? So we could one day get some kind of prequel Rayman game? :P
The instruction manual for Rayman Origins talks about it, and when Rayman Origins was still a prequel before being turned into a "sequel" (That has barely anything to do with the other Rayman games), it was going to be about stopping him.
Rayman fan2000
Barbara
Tings: 10530

Post by Rayman fan2000 »

deton24 wrote:@Rayman fan2000
If you have a Nvidia graphic card, that might be helpfull
http://raymanpc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=12794
but it doesn't work for all.

I think that better smoothness is on nGlide mode:
http://raymanpc.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 94#p981787
Thanks, but I actually found another way to make the game run at a constant smooth framerate without everything in the whole game speeding up like in what you linked, using 3DAnalyzer and D3DOverrider. Thanks anyway!
EDIT: Here, have a video in glorious 1080p60 and a tutorial.

1. Download 3DAnalyze and D3DOverrider
2. http://i.imgur.com/qVVpAgC.png For 3DAnalyze, use these settings
3. http://i.imgur.com/FxpcWy1.png Then use these settings on D3DOverrider.
4. Launch the game from 3DAnalyze and you're good to go! You can make a batch file too.
RibShark
Feuillu
Tings: 1735

Post by RibShark »

Or: just switch to the Glide renderer in settings, then in nGlide settings switch the refresh rate to 120hz. Doesn't speed up the game and you get (slightly) better graphics and a smooth 60fps framerate.