RaySaves - The Rayman Savegame Archive!

For all things related to Pirate-Community and its websites.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Eren
El Stomacho
Tings: 24258

Re: RaySaves - The Rayman Savegame Archive!

Post by Eren »

I think that it would be considered cheating since you need a special score for it (350 000 points if I recall) so someone could easily get the lum race key in the save file and get a lot of tings.
SIG UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Image Image
Steam Profile Youtube Account
Rock_TBT
Ptizêtre en or
Tings: 935

Post by Rock_TBT »

Eren wrote:I think that it would be considered cheating since you need a special score for it (350 000 points if I recall) so someone could easily get the lum race key in the save file and get a lot of tings.
While that is certainly one way to interpretate the comment, it was not my intent. Is the lums race event still active after all these years? I only want the save file so I can observe the models personally. My interest does not lie in the lums race, I can assure you that.
OCG
Le Capitaine
Tings: 9905

Post by OCG »

I think it should be fine if someone has save file to share it as long as Rock does not use it for Lum Race.

Also, whats the current status of this project? Will more saves be added from other games?
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
Rock_TBT
Ptizêtre en or

Post by Rock_TBT »

Is there a particular reason as to why there isn´t a section for Rayman 2 on RaySaves yet?
RibShark
Feuillu
Tings: 1735

Post by RibShark »

Rock_TBT wrote:Is there a particular reason as to why there isn´t a section for Rayman 2 on RaySaves yet?
Yes, Rayman 2's save format is quite strange and changing one save slot is not possible without changing or deleting the others. In order for it to work properly, the save format must be worked out, and a program must be made to load new saves.
Rock_TBT
Ptizêtre en or

Post by Rock_TBT »

RibShark wrote:
Rock_TBT wrote:Is there a particular reason as to why there isn´t a section for Rayman 2 on RaySaves yet?
Yes, Rayman 2's save format is quite strange and changing one save slot is not possible without changing or deleting the others. In order for it to work properly, the save format must be worked out, and a program must be made to load new saves.
Isn´t it possible to just overwrite an existing save file on the slot, since the game loaded the new save file properly when I overwrote one of my save files?

That argument only applies to the loading of the Rayman 2 save files, not the compilation of them, which would be possible.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

If anyone has time to look into Rayman 2's save system, please do so. Help would be greatly appreciated!
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

I never understood quite well how the save system works in PC as I remember having tried to back up a 100% file and then after attempting a copy the save gets all messed up. It would be nice if someone figured out what causes this.
OCG
Le Capitaine
Tings: 9905

Post by OCG »

Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

I don't know, but it sounds like it would override all saves.
Harpic fraîcheur
Lums
Tings: 30

Post by Harpic fraîcheur »

When using this 100% savegame I had some weird glitches ... Maybe it was just me ?
Une nouvelle vague de fraîcheur, Harpic fraîcheur verte ! :D
Image Image
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Can you describe them?
Harpic fraîcheur
Lums
Tings: 30

Post by Harpic fraîcheur »

I remember one : some objects were disappearing. I don't remember the other. :|
Une nouvelle vague de fraîcheur, Harpic fraîcheur verte ! :D
Image Image
Shadowrayman
Ptizêtre Ninja
Tings: 3255

Post by Shadowrayman »

I really want raysaves for Rayman 1 PS1 I do have the Rayman optimum version but How do I but raysaves in Rayman optimum? On the website it only tells me how to get raysaves in the other versions of Rayman 1 I do have the original DOS version of the game except it has no music. :( :( :( :(
Computer Specs:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz 2.90 GHz
Installed Memory (RAM): 8.00 GB (7.87 GB usable)
System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64 based processor Windows 10 Home
RayCarrot
Tily
Tings: 36217

Post by RayCarrot »

Shadowrayman wrote:I really want raysaves for Rayman 1 PS1 I do have the Rayman optimum version but How do I but raysaves in Rayman optimum? On the website it only tells me how to get raysaves in the other versions of Rayman 1 I do have the original DOS version of the game except it has no music. :( :( :( :(
Rayman Optimum is the DOS versions with a modified DOS-emulator. You can download the Rayman 1 saves from RaySaves and put them in the Rayman folder in Rayman Optimum.
RibShark
Feuillu
Tings: 1735

Post by RibShark »

I've updated the site to fit the new colour scheme. I had to remove some JavaScript that was interfering but I've done my best to keep functionality.
Shadowrayman
Ptizêtre Ninja
Tings: 3255

Post by Shadowrayman »

Carrot-master wrote: Rayman Optimum is the DOS versions with a modified DOS-emulator. You can download the Rayman 1 saves from RaySaves and put them in the Rayman folder in Rayman Optimum.
Thanks carrot master except which folder do I put it in in the Rayman folder? :?:
Computer Specs:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz 2.90 GHz
Installed Memory (RAM): 8.00 GB (7.87 GB usable)
System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64 based processor Windows 10 Home
RayCarrot
Tily
Tings: 36217

Post by RayCarrot »

Shadowrayman wrote:
Carrot-master wrote: Rayman Optimum is the DOS versions with a modified DOS-emulator. You can download the Rayman 1 saves from RaySaves and put them in the Rayman folder in Rayman Optimum.
Thanks carrot master except which folder do I put it in in the Rayman folder? :?:
If you've already created a save in the game you can search for RAYMAN1.SAV. I haven't got Optimum installed myself, so I don't know how the directories are organized. It should however be where you see the Rayman.bat and the .cfg file etc.
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

Hmm, is there any place a link back to the board index could be placed, it can be a bit inconvenient navigating back to the forums from RaySaves.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

That's a good idea indeed.