Rayman M-Arena

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
mario182
Électoon
Tings: 20

Re: Rayman M-Arena

Post by mario182 »

Hi everyone again, still haven't got it to work. Even made a quick application responding to the LAN list broadcast, but Player 2's game wouldn't start to load then. :|

Quick question, Evolve uses 10.x addresses in their party system, We both also have 10.x addresses as our LAN address space. Could that maybe the problem for the entry not showing up? Is the game working for anyone that also has 10.x as their LAN address space?
Axxander
Électoon
Tings: 15

Post by Axxander »

Hey guys,

I installed Rayman Arena on my computer and my friend's computer to play Rayman Arena in LAN mode.
In the setup of Rayman Arena I changed all items to maximum and disabled 'Transform and Lightning', otherwise I could only see the shadows of the characters, and selected 'Local Area Network' for the connection type.
On my computer I needed to change the compatibility mode of the R_Arena.exe to Windows XP (SP 3) to make it run, on my friend's computer it works like it is.
However, if we want to create a game to play against each other, he can't see the game, which I created, and if he tries to create one, the 'server creation failed' message is thrown.
Does anyone of you know what to do?

I'm using Windows 7 and he uses Windows 10 (but we tried it as well with Windows 8).

Another strange thing is, that if he closes Rayman Arena or minimises the window an error occurs saying that Rayman Arena doesn't work anymore (I can do it without a problem).
We deactivated the firewall, set the anti virus program to game mode and played already other games in lan mode (and they worked, so the connection is fine). I changed the compatibility mode of his program as well to Windows XP (SP 3), but no change there.

Thank you a lot for your help!
Axxander
Électoon

Post by Axxander »

Sorry the 8) should be 8 )
SpyroGuy
Céloche
Tings: 7416

Post by SpyroGuy »

Axxander wrote:Hey guys,

I installed Rayman Arena on my computer and my friend's computer to play Rayman Arena in LAN mode.
In the setup of Rayman Arena I changed all items to maximum and disabled 'Transform and Lightning', otherwise I could only see the shadows of the characters, and selected 'Local Area Network' for the connection type.
On my computer I needed to change the compatibility mode of the R_Arena.exe to Windows XP (SP 3) to make it run, on my friend's computer it works like it is.
However, if we want to create a game to play against each other, he can't see the game, which I created, and if he tries to create one, the 'server creation failed' message is thrown.
Does anyone of you know what to do?

I'm using Windows 7 and he uses Windows 10 (but we tried it as well with Windows 8).

Another strange thing is, that if he closes Rayman Arena or minimises the window an error occurs saying that Rayman Arena doesn't work anymore (I can do it without a problem).
We deactivated the firewall, set the anti virus program to game mode and played already other games in lan mode (and they worked, so the connection is fine). I changed the compatibility mode of his program as well to Windows XP (SP 3), but no change there.

Thank you a lot for your help!
Axxander, I'm going to make this careful question and ask you if Evolve is even installed in the first place, because you didn't mention it with a word.
Also, there's an EDIT button for the posts you've previously made, so no need to correct yourself with double posting.
ib9000
Électoon
Tings: 10

Post by ib9000 »

hey i am new here,

i have tried to use hamachi (didnt work (server creation failed)) then i saw the replys that someone wrote that you use evolve now so i tried and yet i go into the same problem. even when none of these programs are on i still get the error "server creation failed". if you could please help me it will be nice
SpyroGuy
Céloche

Post by SpyroGuy »

ib9000 wrote:hey i am new here,

i have tried to use hamachi (didnt work (server creation failed)) then i saw the replys that someone wrote that you use evolve now so i tried and yet i go into the same problem. even when none of these programs are on i still get the error "server creation failed". if you could please help me it will be nice
http://raymanpc.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... start=2920
Sbaffo
Ptizêtre du Feu
Tings: 4314

Post by Sbaffo »

Haruka wrote:I am bumping this as I entered in mini-holidays and would be willing to deal a day and hour to do some matches in Rayman Arena with RPC members that are willing to play. Big groups are fun.
SpyroGuy
Céloche

Post by SpyroGuy »

Hit me up on Steam. I might be able to play a few matches later today. :yeah:
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

While I'm very well a noob at this point, I do want to see if I can get this to work also, if you're so inclined, could I be invited too?
SpyroGuy
Céloche

Post by SpyroGuy »

But of course! Throw me an invite! :D
RayCarrot
Tily
Tings: 36217

Post by RayCarrot »

I might want to join as well. Are you playing battles or races? Cause I suck at the battle-mode.
Axxander
Électoon

Post by Axxander »

SpyroGuy wrote: Axxander, I'm going to make this careful question and ask you if Evolve is even installed in the first place, because you didn't mention it with a word.
Also, there's an EDIT button for the posts you've previously made, so no need to correct yourself with double posting.
I haven't heard about evolve, so I haven't installed it. Now I had a look, but you need an online account to play with other friends online, right? I just want to play rayman Arena in an offline lan. Or is there another function in evolve?
RayCarrot
Tily
Tings: 36217

Post by RayCarrot »

I downloaded Rayman Arena now and I keep getting a message telling me to insert disc 2. I tried my Rayman M disc and it doesn't work.
Edit: Nevermind. I might try this some other time instead.
Sbaffo
Ptizêtre du Feu

Post by Sbaffo »

Carrot-master wrote:I downloaded Rayman Arena now and I keep getting a message telling me to insert disc 2. I tried my Rayman M disc and it doesn't work.
Edit: Nevermind. I might try this some other time instead.
There was a topic somewhere here where i downloaded rayman arena disc woking perfectly.

Btw i'm busy roght now my gf came to visit me xD

EDIT: I'll be able to play tonight
Sbaffo
Ptizêtre du Feu

Post by Sbaffo »

I and SpyroGuy are playing some games in a few minutes, if anyone wants to join us add me on Evolve: Sbaffo

Sorry for double posting.
SpyroGuy
Céloche

Post by SpyroGuy »

After playing with Sbaffo we've managed to find an alternative for those who cannot see the Virtual Ethernet Adapter at their network settings despite the fact that they've installed Evolve without any problem.
You guys must check the Device Manager and search for the thing there, once you found it, you must set the Mac Address to 0.

Again, this is only necessary for those who are trying to play on Win10, otherwise you're good to go.
raymanHUN
Ptizêtre Ninja
Tings: 3466

Post by raymanHUN »

Hey, if anyone is up to some games, can add me on steam as well :D
minimalism
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

I will have a gradual availability again in June. Just keep in touch with me at the time and depending of my availability we can play together. :)
FairyCouncil
Lums Rouge
Tings: 50

Post by FairyCouncil »

I would love to play online with everyone here at some point.
Rayman Arena/M was a big part of my childhood.
Sbaffo
Ptizêtre du Feu

Post by Sbaffo »

in case you'd like to play rayman arena online, add me on skype: sbaffhon

skype group looks dead.