Download Rayman 2 + Rayman Arena; installed files + discs

Discuss tools to aid in the modification and running of Rayman games.

Moderators: English moderators, Modding and utilities team

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
RibShark
Feuillu
Tings: 1735

Re: Download Rayman 2 + Rayman Arena; installed files + discs

Post by RibShark »

gorange_ninja wrote:I managed to launch the game, but there were no textures, I then proceeded to turn off the "Transform and lighting" but to no avail. Please help. I tried messing with the settings, didn't help either.
I guess you are talking about Rayman Arena? Try running both the game and configuration program as administrator.
gorange_ninja
Électoon
Tings: 10

Post by gorange_ninja »

Yea that fixed it thanks!
IIITA
Moussu
Tings: 1055

Post by IIITA »

need my speed wrote:Huh, Rayman Arena doesn't want to install for me; setup.exe does literally nothing...

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm stupid, you not only gave the CD's but also the installed game itself. It seems to work so far, thank you!
I tried to install this Arena 2CD set into Windows 98SE old PC.
It has finished successfully, but swapping to CD2 was not required.
Very curious, but game could be started.
I am sure files in CD2 must not be missed for proper game play ?
Any clue ?

EDIT on 15 May. 2015
Oh I was stupid, should make install option "MAXIMUM install".
Last edited by IIITA on Fri May 15, 2015 1:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
raymanik01
Tribelle
Tings: 275

Post by raymanik01 »

Adsolution wrote:I'm currently in the process of re-uploading everything to a new, better service, as this split-archive-clashing-with-MediaFire nonsense is a real pain. Expect direct-link downloads and no more split archives soon!

I've simply taken the installed files and split them up into multiple archives for download. These were installed on Windows XP 32-bit, and are tested and working on Windows Vista 64-bit and Windows 7 64-bit.

For Rayman 2 install files, click here

For Rayman Arena, click here <- Sorry, no Rayman M, they're virtually the same thing though

For Rayman Arena discs, click here for disc one, and click here for disc two.

They're all on trusty MediaFire, so you don't have to worry about speed limits or waiting times.

Instructions (installed files):
  • Download all the archives for Rayman 2 and/or Arena
  • Download and install an archiver such as WinRAR, WinZip, or 7zip (if you haven't already)
  • Select all of either game's archives, right click, and click "Extract files..."
  • Choose the directory to place the game's installed folder containing the files (I would suggest C:/Program Files/Ubisoft)
  • Run the DX8 setup application in the install folder once, even if you already have Direct X installed
  • Play da game
  • [Optional] If the graphics are completely messed up in Rayman Arena, turn off the "Transform and Lighting" option in the DX8 setup
Instructions (discs):
  • Download all the archives for Rayman 2 and/or Arena
  • Download and install an archiver such as WinRAR, WinZip, or 7zip (if you haven't already)
  • Select all of either game's archives, right click, and click "Extract files..."
  • Choose the directory to place the game's installed folder containing the files
  • Download Daemon Tools, PowerISO, or any other programme that allows you to mount CD images onto virtual drives
  • Mount the discs as if putting them in the drive, it's 'virtually' the same thing.
I may have accidentally included a very old partially completed Rayman Arena saved game file, but it hardly has any progress.

NOTE: You still need the CD in the drive to play the game! If you're playing Rayman Arena, then you must have disc two inserted to play, assuming you've already installed the game or downloaded the installed files.

TIP: The installed files aren't necessary for download unless you've had trouble installing the game, which is a common problem for 64-bit users.
ok , i downloaded files of rayman arena , but when i tried to start game , the game said : start rayman arena setup . and i have windows 7 x64 , so i cannot install game from the cd . what i should do ?
raymanik01
Tribelle

Post by raymanik01 »

Please help
raymanik01
Tribelle

Post by raymanik01 »

Ok i repaired that, but you must install Rayman m first, than change rayman arena and Rayman m files and start game as administrator.
raymanik01
Tribelle

Post by raymanik01 »

Rayman m installer for x64 systems is, so you can install it on Windows 7 x64 ( you cannot install arena on x64 system)
IIITA
Moussu

Post by IIITA »

raymanik01 wrote:Please help

As Adsolution suggested in his top post in the thread,

1. Run RM_Setup_DX8.exe for setup suitable for your PC.
2. Then set R_Arena.exe compatibility to "WindowsXP SP3" for eliminating " start rayman arena setup"
3. Now you will get "insert CD2" popup. Quit this and overwrite No-CD exe to R_Arena.exe;
No-CD Download Link

Code: Select all

http://gamecopyworld.eu/games/pc_rayman_arena.shtml
4. Start game. Enjoy![/strike]

EDIT;
raymanik01 wrote: Thu May 14, 2015 10:02 pm
ok , i downloaded files of rayman arena , but when i tried to start game , the game said : start rayman arena setup . and i have windows 7 x64 , so i cannot install game from the cd . what i should do ?
I read his post carefully and understood that he used "Arena Files installed" in Windows 7 then got " start rayman arena setup" message.
This was caused by MISSING UBI.INI file in \Windows\Ubisoft folder, which contents must be;
[SYSTEM]
Memory=2047

[INSTALLED PRODUCTS]
Rayman Arena

[Rayman Arena]
WebShortCutDesktopName=C:\Users\XXXXXXX\Desktop\Rayman Arena Web Page :XXXXXXX is user name
ShortCutDesktopName=C:\Users\XXXXXXX\Desktop\To Play Rayman Arena
ShortCutDirectory=C:\Users\XXXXXX\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Ubi Soft Games\Rayman Arena
Language=English
Configuration=2
VolumeName=R_ARENA1
SrcDataPath=\
Directory= C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubi Soft\Rayman Arena\ : Your choice
Gli_Mode=1 - 1024 x 768 x 32 : This depends upon your PC's resolution
Adapter=0
TnL=1
TriLinear=0
Identifier=D7B71E3E-496B-11CF-9E63-7FB01FC2C435
Video_BPP=32
Video_WantedQuality=0
Video_AutoAdjustQuality=1
ModemQuality=3
UDPPort=-1
VignettesFile=Vignette.cnt
TexturesFile=Tex32.cnt
TexturesCompressed=0
Video_RealQuality=0

[OSD]
Valid=TRUE

So my advice is to make Ubi.ini file then place it in \windows\ubisoft folder, then set R_Arena.exe compatibility to "Windows XP/SP3".
Last edited by IIITA on Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:18 pm, edited 11 times in total.
IIITA
Moussu

Re: Download Rayman 2 + Rayman Arena; installed files + disc

Post by IIITA »

Snagglebee wrote: » Mon May 20, 2013 12:27 pm

I just created my own remake of your remake Adsolution, because I was bored :P . I even recoreded the whole proccess!
Download Link: Rayman2_Remake_of_Remake.iso

If you don't like the music, then turn it off!
AS I noticed your post so late, link to Rayman2_Remake_of_Remake.iso is dead now.
Could you reup your awesome file again ? I would like to see how it works in Windows 10 Pro 64bit.

Besides, your patcher R2_Patcher.exe (367KB) worked perfect in Windows 7 SP1 64bit and I enjoyed the game.
http://raymanpc.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 23#p747492
But "as time goes by" , now Windows 10 popped in and your patcher will not work anymore in W10 !!
It's too sad. But you devised the ISO, I am looking forward to it.
IIITA
Moussu

Re: Download Rayman 2 + Rayman Arena; installed files + disc

Post by IIITA »

Super8ZX wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:35 am
Note:Somehow, the GxSetup program right next to the Rayman2.exe program (Rayman2.exe might've been used for launching the game.) shows an error about glide2x.dll. I don't know why.
EDIT:I've finished downloading the zip file and extracted the folder to C:\Program Files\Ubi Soft and when I tried to start the game, It still came up with the same problem.
Umm this is the compatibility issue on GxSetup, if the compatibility set to "Windows98/Me" ,you won't get the nag.

EDIT;
GOG Rayman2 does install Glide wrapper, so users of GOG R2 will find glide2x.dll and glide3x.dll in \Windows folder.
In this case GXsetup.exe without any compatibility setting will not do such nag.
Last edited by IIITA on Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fifo
Joe
Tings: 78355

Post by Fifo »

What does that archive contain!? I’m curious so I am currently downloading it.
incognito
Électoon
Tings: 0

Post by incognito »

It contains the most dangerous mutation of the Chernobyl virus, splitted in thousands of billions of infected autorunning files, be aware.
Fifo
Joe

Post by Fifo »

incognito wrote:It contains the most dangerous mutation of the Chernobyl virus, splitted in thousands of billions of infected autorunning files, be aware.
I don’t use Windows so it’s fine. ;)
Snagglebee
Pti-lote
Tings: 2750

Post by Snagglebee »

Fifo. If you send me a private message and expect me to answer you. How the fuck would I answer you if you have disabled private message receipt. :|
I don't have Rayman Optimum files anymore. Ask OCG, he still might have the disc with the extras you're looking for.
Fifo
Joe

Post by Fifo »

Snagglebee wrote:Fifo. If you send me a private message and expect me to answer you. How the fuck would I answer you if you have disabled private message receipt. :|
I don't have Rayman Optimum files anymore. Ask OCG, he still might have the disc with the extras you're looking for.
sorry, I forgot I have private messaging disabled.

Also, I forgot you don’t have Optimum files anymore.
I’ll ask OCG.
RibShark
Feuillu

Post by RibShark »

Wow, thanks for uploading this! It'll be interesting to look through all of these Rayman PC ports (never knew there were quite so many).
Adsolution
Aline Louïa
Tings: 106718

Post by Adsolution »

Fifo wrote:Also, I forgot you don’t have Optimum files anymore.
I’ll ask OCG.
I have the Optimum stuff. Re-enable your PMs and send me one.
IIITA
Moussu

Post by IIITA »

incognito wrote:It contains the most dangerous mutation of the Chernobyl virus, splitted in thousands of billions of infected autorunning files, be aware.
Oh, I found something in Ray100N.bin Ray100N.cue;
W10 Defender with pattern version 1.227.278.0 (revised on 21 Aug. 2016) detected Trojan:Win32/Dynamer!dtc in Ubisetup.exe contained in both folders of 60N and Fan !.
Similar game Rayman_100_Levels_RAYFAN was OK, no malware detection in the folders.
I coud not discriminate whether this is false positive or not. Need forum guy's help.
Last edited by IIITA on Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RibShark
Feuillu

Post by RibShark »

False positive.