We are recruiting again!

For all things related to Pirate-Community and its websites.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

We are recruiting again!

Post by Hunchman801 »

Hi all,

New moderators are going to be chosen for the English section of Pirate-Community, and we have decided, like we did in 2009, 2011 and 2013, to let the interested members apply for the position.

There are no absolute criteria to be a moderator, but a certain seniority, a strong dedication, a good knowledge of Pirate-Community, a proper spelling and intellectual qualities are indeed required.

If you believe you meet these requirements, please send a private message to the English Moderators group, introducing yourself and explaining why you want to be part of the team and why you think you would do a good job.

The list of the applicants will not be divulged, and the final decision is at the sole discretion of the moderating team.

Applications will be accepted until Sunday, March 12th 11:59 PM (UTC). That's a lot of time to write them, so no need to rush it, as we will carefully read them.

Thanks in advance for your interest, and may the best join us! Image
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Re: We are recruiting again!

Post by PluMGMK »

Well I sure called this one wrong! Is this not going to be a global announcement like it was before?
Adsolution
Aline Louïa
Tings: 106718

Post by Adsolution »

Plum, apply!
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

Seriously? :P In all fairness, I don't think I'd make a good mod.
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

Doesn't hurt to try, I wasn't too sure when I applied back in 2013.
Ray502
Magicien
Tings: 52095

Post by Ray502 »

My application has been sent!
FC: 37.699 | CF: 107.954 | BOM: 94.827 | LOTLD: 121.385 | DOTK: 109.831 | LS: 41.270 | SBTC: 94.755 | HH: 107.339 | TOTL: 104.496

Total: 819.556
Fifo
Joe
Tings: 78355

Post by Fifo »

Not even gonna apply when I clearly know I’ll never be a moderator given my idiocy.
nr0r
Crapaud blindé
Tings: 16858

Post by nr0r »

Heavily debating this, hmmm... maaaybe... should I?

Tunderous wrote: How would we know if you have a husband? Your gender isnt shown. :mrgreen:
[1:02 AM] Chloë/Adsolution/Krawielicki?: lilith= if she took up any space shed be a waste of it
Serza5
Mr Dark
Tings: 486315

Post by Serza5 »

If you feel like you could be up for it there's no harm in trying to go for it. :mryellow:
Words of Wisdom :
Master wrote:< can't compete with Serz, her power level is too great.
Hoodcom wrote:^^^ does underestimate the power of the mighty Serza. You shall beheaded for your insult to the Queen of Scotland. :mefiant:
#Rubber mark#
Murfy
Tings: 83021

Post by #Rubber mark# »

I have applied:
#Rubber mark# wrote:Dear future colleagues,

It is with ample joy that I announce my candidateship for moderator.

For far too long has this forum been ruled by insensitive people who offend its poor members and prevent them from expressing their feelings and creativity. Thankfully, I am the man for the situation, and I have a series of measures ready which will propel this place into the twenty-first century and let us shine on the Internet as an example to all forums.

First of all, pirates used to eat meat, which offends vegetarian Rayman fans, or, should I say, true Rayman fans, because Rayman's body being a giant eggplant obviously means that he supports vegetarianism. This is why, when I'm elected moderator, I will rename Rayman Pirate-Community to Rayman Vegetarian-Community.

Then, I will immediately increase the maximum size for signature of the month entries to 79.1 x 47.2 centimeters, because our users can only make good signatures by making them bigger, and I will ban the use of pixels in rules because some computers don't use them.

Last but not least, I have witnessed way too much racism on this forum and intend to put an end to it. Since there can't be any more racism if there's only one race, we will have a vote on which race to keep and all the others will be banned from the forum.

Truly yours,

#Rubber mark#
Ray502
Magicien

Post by Ray502 »

I felt like I should've wrote a longer third paragraph. But in the end, mine was straight to the point.

Good luck Rubber mark, and future candidates!
FC: 37.699 | CF: 107.954 | BOM: 94.827 | LOTLD: 121.385 | DOTK: 109.831 | LS: 41.270 | SBTC: 94.755 | HH: 107.339 | TOTL: 104.496

Ambidextroid
Mini Jano
Tings: 675

Post by Ambidextroid »

I kind of feel tempted to apply, even though I'm not totally sure what being a moderator entails. Also even after being here for almost 4 years I still don't feel as though I've contributed a whole lot to the community...
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Ambidextroid wrote:I kind of feel tempted to apply, even though I'm not totally sure what being a moderator entails. Also even after being here for almost 4 years I still don't feel as though I've contributed a whole lot to the community...
If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here or by PM and we'll be more than happy to enlighten you. ;) As for your contribution in the past, we'll be the judges of that, so don't worry and focus on what it could be in the future. :)

More generally, anyone considering applying is encouraged to do so. Like Master said, it can't hurt, and you could be surprised with the result anyway!
Dart
Clark
Tings: 49845

Post by Dart »

Dart wrote:Hello RPC:

I think I would be a good edition to the team due to my knowledge and experience here on the forum. I have quite a lot experience with dealing with people in general also, and can be useful in defusing issues once they've begun to escalate to a negative atmosphere. However as I'm sure is true of many, my job IRL will be my biggest priority, and as such I'll be posting primarily before or after shifts and during my free days as I have since I changed jobs last October, although the promotion would definitely give me a bigger responsibility to check up more often. :lol:

I'm honestly not sure what else to add, I'm honestly just glad for the opportunity to throw my hat into the ring.

Thanks for all these years spent together everybody,
Dart! :coeur:
Tunderous
Ptizêtre en or
Tings: 930

Post by Tunderous »

WHERE DO I SIGN
ImageImage if your seeing this im prob dead again
Keane wrote:VERY FAST POSTER EARNING TINGS AT INCREDIBLE HIGH SPEED
CHRdutch
El Stomacho
Tings: 23733

Post by CHRdutch »

Tunderous wrote:WHERE DO I SIGN
Read the first post of the thread, it might give the moderating team a better impression of why you should be a mod, instead of posting a question where you ask how to do it in ALL CAPS.
I'm not trying to be a dick, but seriously, think before posting next time.
Last edited by CHRdutch on Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ambidextroid wrote:< was in such a rush < had no time for breakfast, so < took a fistful of corn flakes and stuffed them in <'s mouth, then poured milk over the top. It worked but it drizzled milk all over <'s front...
Record Day 2015 madness
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Thank you all for your interest, that's six applications already. There might be quite a few openings (it's really going to depend on the quality of the applications we receive), so don't hesitate to partake if you're interested.
Tunderous wrote:WHERE DO I SIGN
Well there's a link in the first post. :mrgreen:

Edit: CHR beat me to it.
Harpic fraîcheur
Lums
Tings: 30

Post by Harpic fraîcheur »

I think Rubber is going to be our next mod so far.
Une nouvelle vague de fraîcheur, Harpic fraîcheur verte ! :D
Image Image
Ray502
Magicien

Post by Ray502 »

May I ask, is there any other factors that are in taken in consideration besides the application? Wondering since this is my first time applying, and I'm not sure how the processes were in previous recruiting years.

Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

The application PM is your occasion to mention anything about you that we may not know and that you believe strengthens your application.

The decision will be the result of a vote by staff and ex-staff members, who will base their choice on the criteria mentioned in the first post as well as anything else relevant to the application (in the broad sense).

Unlike the previous years, we might make applications more interactive this time by sending applicants a set of questions in order to help us make our choice.

Hope that helped! :D