Rayman 3 (Dolphin Emulator) HD Texture Pack

Discuss tools to aid in the modification and running of Rayman games.

Moderators: English moderators, Modding and utilities team

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Khronikos
Électoon
Tings: 20

Re: Rayman 3 (Dolphin Emulator) HD Texture Pack

Post by Khronikos »

LOL did the Dolphin people take down that whole thread after I posted? Anyway, they have zero authority on this site, and if they are honestly going to interfere or mark your pack as a false flag at your downloader site then fuck them. That would be highly ridiculous. Usually they just take stuff on their own site and that is all. Most of the Dolphin people are cool, they just don't want things interfering with the emu.
ICUP321
Bébé Globox
Tings: 625

Post by ICUP321 »

No, they didn't take down MaLDo's thread, it's still up on their forums. What I was worried about was what if there was someone who came over here and saw this thread and thought that this was nothing but piracy (even though you need to own the game to play the game w/ HD textures anyway) and then proceeded to take down my links?

Anyways, don't worry about it. If someone does flag the links and take them down, I'll just re-upload it somewhere else.
Last edited by ICUP321 on Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dmr
Lums
Tings: 35

Post by dmr »

So with this HD pack, does game looks better than PC version?
ICUP321
Bébé Globox

Post by ICUP321 »

dmr wrote:So with this HD pack, does game looks better than PC version?
Yes, it definitely looks better than the PC version, texture wise.

Here's a comparison I made between a texture from the PC version Vs. the PS3 version:

PC (512x512):
http://i.imgur.com/6e29v6B.png

PS3 (1024x1024):
http://i.imgur.com/Q5hUxO0.png
dmr
Lums
Tings: 35

Post by dmr »

then I'll try :), thanks!
ICUP321
Bébé Globox

Post by ICUP321 »

Alright, it's been a LONG time since I've made an update to this, but I figured I would just let everyone know that I have made a minor update to this because I discovered that one of the textures was corrupted, which was "tex1_128x128_m_0463a8d4448c64cc_14.dds". This has now been fixed. Other than that, I updated the description of the first post with new information and organized some of the files in the Google Drive.

It has also come to my attention that someone is working on their own custom texture pack of their own using my HD Texture Pack as a base. It is called:
Rayman 3 HD: Aikatsu! Edition

It's a crossover texture pack that replaces some of Rayman 3's textures with ones inspired by several anime. Now, I don't know much about anime, but this looks alright. If you guys want to see some screenshots here's a link to the wiki page:
http://icecrownserver.wikia.com/wiki/Ra ... creenshots
PopuriAO29
Barbara
Tings: 12265

Post by PopuriAO29 »

ICUP321 wrote:Alright, it's been a LONG time since I've made an update to this, but I figured I would just let everyone know that I have made a minor update to this because I discovered that one of the textures was corrupted, which was "tex1_128x128_m_0463a8d4448c64cc_14.dds". This has now been fixed. Other than that, I updated the description of the first post with new information and organized some of the files in the Google Drive.

It has also come to my attention that someone is working on their own custom texture pack of their own using my HD Texture Pack as a base. It is called:
Rayman 3 HD: Aikatsu! Edition

It's a crossover texture pack that replaces some of Rayman 3's textures with ones inspired by several anime. Now, I don't know much about anime, but this looks alright. If you guys want to see some screenshots here's a link to the wiki page:
http://icecrownserver.wikia.com/wiki/Ra ... creenshots
I have made Gallery Page for this link, also i Tested HD Texture since i haven't dumped some textures. which because of working hard.

The Embed Discord (See how much members being online):
When you see ">", use the discord button (above) to join.

Hmm... Is my rhythm right...? -Kanon Matsubara
ICUP321
Bébé Globox

Post by ICUP321 »

Well, I tried it. I posted this to Dolphin forums after receiving more requests from people here in private and obviously they didn't allow it. This means that this is only going to stay here from now on as a way for people who are smart enough to look around for it. At least now this will get more attention from people who regularly go there.

https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-r ... xture-pack
PopuriAO29
Barbara
Tings: 12265

Post by PopuriAO29 »

So you posted on Dolphin Forum? isn't MaLDo won't allow mod?

The Embed Discord (See how much members being online):
When you see ">", use the discord button (above) to join.

Hmm... Is my rhythm right...? -Kanon Matsubara
Das_Meister
Antitoon
Tings: 5

Post by Das_Meister »

Hello, what is the "Not Upscaled Textures" folder?
ICUP321
Bébé Globox

Post by ICUP321 »

Das_Meister wrote:Hello, what is the "Not Upscaled Textures" folder?
Those are just a bunch of textures I couldn't upscale because they're GameCube exclusive textures. Not much really, just ignore that folder.
CuInRayman4
Lums Vert
Tings: 85

Post by CuInRayman4 »

I love it, it is definetly the most beautiful way to play Rayman 3! You should maybe mention though that for it to look really good and sharp you must go in Dolphin graphic settings and then go to "enhancements" and there put the "internal resolution" (not the regular resolution) up. I personaly put it on "(Auto) Window Size", which seems to be pretty high up and no big difference to 5K (which makes my PC lag) and you can also turn on Antialiasing and Anisotropic Filtering, if your PC can handle it, but most important is the first one I mentioned (internal resolution) as it makes a HUGE difference. So yeah, maybe you can add this under op as something you have to set up for best possible graphics :D
Birds858
Creveton
Tings: 28481

Post by Birds858 »

CuInRayman4 wrote:I love it, it is definetly the most beautiful way to play Rayman 3! You should maybe mention though that for it to look really good and sharp you must go in Dolphin graphic settings and then go to "enhancements" and there put the "internal resolution" (not the regular resolution) up. I personaly put it on "(Auto) Window Size", which seems to be pretty high up and no big difference to 5K (which makes my PC lag) and you can also turn on Antialiasing and Anisotropic Filtering, if your PC can handle it, but most important is the first one I mentioned (internal resolution) as it makes a HUGE difference. So yeah, maybe you can add this under op as something you have to set up for best possible graphics :D
Welcome CuInRayman4, you can introduce yourself here https://raymanpc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1616 :)
Last edited by Birds858 on Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steo wrote:"Don't you Know, About the bird ?
Well, Steo gonna tell you about the bird
A well a bird, bird, b-bird's the word
A well a bird Surfin' bird B-b-b aah, aah!
Pa pa pa pa, pa pa pa pa, pa pa pa pa, pa pa pa pa Pa pa pa pa, pa pa pa pa, pa pa pa pa
Papa, ooma mow mow Papa, ooma mow mow!"

Birds858 wrote:
The Jonster wrote:Alright I have this one then which still amuses me a little since it brought up waifus.

Birds858 wrote:The most hottest Rayman characters is obviously Count Razoff.
It’s not awesome, it’s a fact.

Rayman 3 PS2 Score :
FC: 23977 | CF: 58813 | BOM: 35256 | LOTLD: 81011 | DOTK: 58659 | LS: 31220 | SBTC: 34536 | HH: 44581 | TOTL: 48670 | Total: 416723
The Jonster
Joe
Tings: 78205

Post by The Jonster »

I never did say this, but well done on this! Tested it out as soon as I downloaded it, and it was like MAGIC! I like the way the game looks even more now and I look forward to seeing more of the updates!
Always be true to yourself.
Sigs by Steo and R4Y_ANC3L
ICUP321
Bébé Globox

Post by ICUP321 »

Thanks for all the complements you guys are giving me, it really means a lot to see that people really care about this!

Anyway, it's time for a new (minor) update!

I've added 5 new textures, all but one of them are unused though:
One of them is the unused trap plum machine found by PokGOT4N! Credit to him for telling me how to load it in the game:

3 of them are 2D Madness textures that are never loaded in the GameCube version because the camera doesn't pan out when you reach the end of the level, the only way to see it in the GameCube version is by using cheats and going out of bounds:

GameCube (skip to 25:40):

Any other version:

And the last one is just a water smoke particle Dolphin didn't dump the first time I played through that level.
Last edited by ICUP321 on Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
ICUP321
Bébé Globox

Post by ICUP321 »

Alright, as requested by deton24 to me in private, I've added custom controller profiles so that people don't have to manually configure them through Dolphin, as well as provide instructions on how to install them.
ICUP321
Bébé Globox

Post by ICUP321 »

I have made a full play-through of Rayman 3 with this texture pack enabled for anyone who is interested in seeing how the game looks in HD!
Playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... PmSwxvOJCC

Also, I have another minor update, and this one may be the last one I make for good:
I have added two textures that I missed but finally caught as I played through the whole game again.
I have re-added a cloud texture I blanked out in 2D Nightmare because the lower part of the background texture had a yellow cloud in the HD version, but it's not really visible anyway, so I put it back in.
ICUP321
Bébé Globox

Post by ICUP321 »

I have updated this texture pack once more to add support for Dolphin's newest feature, Resource Packs! What this basically does is simplify the installation process by installing texture packs through .zip files and it pretty much makes it fool-proof so that no one accidentally installs incorrectly. I have changed the instructions to explain how to install them through the new method.

I have also found out that I can unify my texture pack to support all regions by removing the last game ID digits and leaving only the first three, for example it goes from GRHE41 to GRH, which means you no longer have to download separate versions to support your specific region.

Last thing I did is I fixed a weird lighting bug that happens in Teensie Highway on Clearleaf Forest specifically that created a black rectangle, not sure why it happens since it looks fine on the HD version, but I had to revert a portion of a texture back to how it looked. This is what it used to look like with the black rectangle:
https://i.imgur.com/GgYw6sZ.png