Project: UnLockRay ( ULR / REL )

Discuss tools to aid in the modification and running of Rayman games.

Moderators: English moderators, Modding and utilities team

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
gamerz31w
Ptizêtre Vert
Tings: 1365

Re: Project: UnLockRay ( ULR / REL )

Post by gamerz31w »

Did you guys were thinking to make The Legend of Zelda Hyrule Warriors?Like Rayman over Link and Redead over Rabidds?As Wii U characters game mod?
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

This is sort of tangentially related to the RRR hacking, but someone's found a strange bug in the PC version of BG&E. If Open Broadcaster Software is installed on the PC, then the first boss doesn't pay any attention to Jade at all, making it impossible to progress. I wonder, since RRR is based on the Jade engine too (right?), if there are any similar bugs in RRR, or if GOT4N or anyone else would have any idea what causes that.
GOT4N
Photographe
Tings: 400

Post by GOT4N »

PluMGMK wrote:This is sort of tangentially related to the RRR hacking, but someone's found a strange bug in the PC version of BG&E. If Open Broadcaster Software is installed on the PC, then the first boss doesn't pay any attention to Jade at all, making it impossible to progress. I wonder, since RRR is based on the Jade engine too (right?), if there are any similar bugs in RRR, or if GOT4N or anyone else would have any idea what causes that.
Oh yeah the forum page on BGEMyth? this is really an interesting glitch, I don't think I could find why it happened, because I know RRR's Jade Engine is an improved version of BGE's one and that glitch doesn't happens in RRR PC (I did a full run with OBS recording to see if anything interesting would happen but nope) :mrgreen:
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

Oh, you're on there too? Well, I'm glad to know we were thinking along the same wavelengths! Well damn, I was hoping something would turn up.
Either way, I really want to get to the bottom of that glitch, even though like I said over there we're in Windows-land so I'm not sure where to start…
incognito
Électoon
Tings: 0

Post by incognito »

Oddly I had a similar issue with Dead Space 3 and Mirillis Action, the boss's health would continuously regenerate, making impossible to kill him while recording and subsequently making it impossible to the player to leave the arena alive while recording.
It may not be a particularity of that engine.
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

I know I had some issues with Rayman 2's camera when OBS was active. Though OBS is a CPU intensive application, right?
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

I would imagine it is CPU-intensive, yes.
I don't know, the person who reported the bug claimed that it disappeared upon uninstalling (not "deactivating") the broadcaster, which seems strange. But that probably comes down to lack of, uh, testing intermediate solutions. I probably should go back and ask for clarification. :P One thing's for certain: I need to see if I can reproduce it myself! (That would be this weekend at the earliest.)
bunnieblaster
Master Kaag
Tings: 6995

Post by bunnieblaster »

CaveMan 2 trailer
GOT4N
Photographe

Post by GOT4N »

Doubt it'll interest anybody, but I'll still post it
Harpic fraîcheur
Lums
Tings: 30

Post by Harpic fraîcheur »

Nice find. The animations would have looked a bit weird in first person, good they scrapped it. :P
Une nouvelle vague de fraîcheur, Harpic fraîcheur verte ! :D
Image Image
Misterfan2000
Grand Mini
Tings: 5485

Post by Misterfan2000 »

Anyone have a HD version of the Background of the Rayman 1 cover?
DigitheCrystalgem
Électoon

Post by DigitheCrystalgem »

I can draw and at some point animate so if you need cut scenes then I have it okay
DigitheCrystalgem
Électoon

Post by DigitheCrystalgem »

I'M SU TRASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 wanna talk about Rayman World building?
Droolie
Mr Sax
Tings: 61830

Post by Droolie »

I made a RRR (Xbox 360) map viewer in Unity because Got4n kept asking me about the models and I too had some hope that there would be unused models in the maps (since the Xbox 360 version was the one with all of the unused music), but there's nothing.

Nothing.

Goddamnit.

Still, it was a nice exercise in reverse engineering and other smartassery. Have some pics: https://imgur.com/a/kAfMU

The different colors represent different materials per object. White is the color of the first material, red of the second, blue of the third, and then it loops. So two objects having the same color does not imply they have the same material. It's just a way to see the objects more clearly without textures, which I probably won't try to extract.

I should probably try another game next time, with a less wonky level format.
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

Well, that is rather disappointing, but it's nice to see you've got some experience out of it, at the very least. Out of curiosity, how does the RRR Rayman model compare to the Rayman 3 model? Is it the same, or is it slightly different? I don't know why, but I've never really liked how Rayman looked in RRR, despite the fact that it's meant to be the same design as Rayman 3, which is my personal favourite. Might just be the clash in aesthetics, in fairness.
Droolie
Mr Sax

Post by Droolie »

I'm pretty sure the RRR model is slightly different from the R3 one, but it's more his poses and animations that make him look worse. His pupils often just stick to each other (and they were already close together in R3) and his poses and animations make him look drunk 120% of the time.
Last edited by Droolie on Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

Nice job! Even if you didn't really find anything new, it's still really cool that you did that!
Droolie
Mr Sax

Post by Droolie »

By the way, looking at the files I stumbled across something interesting. The "Bunnies Have Natural Rhythm" minigames that had Rayman performing all kinds of moves carried over from the prototype don't seem to be present in the Xbox 360 version of the game, so I think these might have been replaced with the new factory and basketball minigames. Can anyone confirm this?
GOT4N
Photographe

Post by GOT4N »

I can't confirm yet, but what I can confirm though is that I've tested with Droolie the map viewer and Duel is gone. :( They've scrapped it in the 360's version but it's still in the PC/Wii version lol
Also Droolie forgot to indicate it, although it's still important to note: we picked the 360 version also because it's the easiest format out of every version (the BF format is for example closer to Beyond Good and Evil than the others)
Droolie
Mr Sax

Post by Droolie »

So after the RRR viewer, this is what I'm working on right now.

Rayman 3 (Gamecube) level viewer in Unity! I'll port it to Rayman Arena and (try to) port it to the PC version later (though I'm not sure if all textures can be extracted yet?). I'm not going to create an editor, but I'll document enough of the format so that one can be made by someone more experienced with that stuff adsolution pls make a raythreel :)

Anyway, when it's finished this'll probably already be useful for Raywiki for maps and stuff (like for the two 2D minigames), or for beautiful third-person vistas from the normally top-down commando minigame :D