RayTunes 5.0 is here!

Talk about the Rayman music website.

Moderators: Droolie, English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Droolie
Mr Sax
Tings: 61830

RayTunes 5.0 is here!

Post by Droolie »

Hi all!

Do you remember 11 years ago, when a new website came into existence offering a small collection of Rayman music? People were excited and shared it on the new RaymanZone forums, only to quickly get banned. Nevertheless, the news kept spreading and the site kept growing, with 3 new tracks being added per day. Over the years, that collection has grown to near completion, accompanied with an evolving design of the website.
I am delighted to announce that after all of these redesigns, RayTunes has just received its biggest upgrade ever!

Click here to visit the new RayTunes!

RayTunes 5.0 allows you to play every song in the collection on the website itself, and construct playlists with them. This was part of the original idea for RayTunes and the old web radio, but was never really achieved until now.
You can now also download an MP3 archive for every soundtrack, and FLAC archives for most of them too.
The new design is also just much easier on the eyes than the 4 designs before it - even on mobile it now looks and feels fantastic (there's swiping!).
Should you prefer different colors, you can always click the little gear icon in the bottom right corner to choose a different theme. There are lots of options!

However, the content update is even bigger: over 19GB out of the 21GB on RayTunes now was updated - and that's 6GB more than the old collection!
Every single soundtrack now has new or improved album art, better track names and tags. Sounds boring? Think again! Along with these smaller updates, a lot of the content has been renewed:
  • NEW SOUNDTRACK: Rayman Educational Games (with all music from Rayman Dictées, Éveil, CP, Maternelle and Activity Centre)
  • NEW SOUNDTRACK: Rayman Pocket PC
  • NEW SOUNDTRACK: Tonic Trouble Special Edition (thank you kooz!)
  • Rayman 1: Added 2 beta tracks
  • Rayman 2: Added beta tracks from the RRR prototype
  • Rayman 3: Added many beta tracks
  • Rayman Origins: Added Fresco tracks from the VITA version
  • Rayman 1 GBA: New rip with better quality than before
  • Rayman 3 GBA: Completely new rip with perfect noiseless quality (better than an actual GBA) and extra tracks
  • Rayman Hoodlums' Revenge: New recording with slightly better quality than before
  • Rayman 2 N64: Reconversion from lossless format, changed all track names
  • Rayman Raving Rabbids GBA: Completely new recording with better quality and many unused tracks and jingles
  • Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 DS: Named and tagged tracks to form a proper soundtrack
  • Rayman mobile soundtracks: Created MP3/FLAC files using the best soundfont I could find (MIDI files are still included in the ZIP archives), identified composers
Finally, thanks to all of Hunch's help and patience, you can embed RayTunes songs in the forum now! The following bbcode becomes the widget below:

Code: Select all

[raytunes]r_edu-101[/raytunes]

OH SEE THOSE PRETTY FRUITS ON A TRAAAAAAAAAAAYY~

... Ahem. The format for the bbcode is just "<game>-<tracknumber>". Sometimes, the <game> part can be hard to guess, so if you're ever in doubt, click the share button next to a track on RayTunes and you'll be able to copy the bbcode to your clipboard. I think I tested it pretty well, but if you ever find any bugs with it or with the website itself, please let me know and I'll do my best to get it fixed.

Have fun!
Droolie.

PS: I'm hoping someone else will post a small message about this on the French RayTunes forums for me... my French is pretty terrible nowadays, I haven't spoken it in years! Thank you boomboleros7!
RibShark
Feuillu
Tings: 1735

Re: RayTunes 5.0 is here!

Post by RibShark »

Nice, I'm very impressed. One thing though: this beta track seems to have the noise of Rayman jumping, is that an actual part of the soundtrack?:
Droolie
Mr Sax

Post by Droolie »

It's exactly like that in the prototype's files - it seems the audio designers wanted more Rayman noises in that track before they settled with only a few random shouts in the final version! :D
RibShark
Feuillu
Tings: 1735

Post by RibShark »

Drolpiraat wrote:It's exactly like that in the prototype's files - it seems the audio designers wanted more Rayman noises in that track before they settled with only a few random shouts in the final version! :D
That's pretty weird! Glad they changed that before the final.
Serza5
Mr Dark
Tings: 486315

Post by Serza5 »

The site looks absolutely gorgeous droolie! The playlist feature is especially nice- although I wonder if we could get that embedded on RPC much like the single tracks? :o
Words of Wisdom :
Master wrote:< can't compete with Serz, her power level is too great.
Hoodcom wrote:^^^ does underestimate the power of the mighty Serza. You shall beheaded for your insult to the Queen of Scotland. :mefiant:
Droolie
Mr Sax

Post by Droolie »

Serza5 wrote:The site looks absolutely gorgeous droolie! The playlist feature is especially nice- although I wonder if we could get that embedded on RPC much like the single tracks? :o
Thanks! I'd definitely like to add that (and playlist import/export on the main site) if people want it, but for now I don't think it would be used as much.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

Drolpiraat wrote:It's exactly like that in the prototype's files - it seems the audio designers wanted more Rayman noises in that track before they settled with only a few random shouts in the final version! :D
Like the "OUAIS !" that for years made me wonder why he had a W in the word "yeah". :P

Well, I love it, especially the ability to change styles! :D
There is a little problem with the album covers though, at least on (Qt)WebKit. Let's say I'm looking at cover 1/7 for Rayman Legends, but it takes a while to load so I'm looking at a blank space. Then if I scroll to cover 2/7, and while I'm on it cover 1 finally loads, then cover 1 appears, even though I shouldn't be seeing anything other than cover 2. Small thing!
Droolie
Mr Sax

Post by Droolie »

PluMGMK wrote:Well, I love it, especially the ability to change styles! :D
There is a little problem with the album covers though, at least on (Qt)WebKit. Let's say I'm looking at cover 1/7 for Rayman Legends, but it takes a while to load so I'm looking at a blank space. Then if I scroll to cover 2/7, and while I'm on it cover 1 finally loads, then cover 1 appears, even though I shouldn't be seeing anything other than cover 2. Small thing!
Thanks! The cover loading bug should be fixed now. :D
Adsolution
Aline Louïa
Tings: 106718

Post by Adsolution »

The presentation is wonderful. The ability to change themes and plop tracks into posts is downright exciting to me - it's like some kind of a RayTunes universe. Each design is evocative in its own right.

I'm gonna go have some 2005 nostalgia trips with listening to the soundtracks end-to-end now.
Drolpiraat wrote:Do you september 11 years ago
yeah : = /
Misterfan2000
Grand Mini
Tings: 5485

Post by Misterfan2000 »

AT LAST!!

I CAN HEAR THE RAYMAN 3 BETA MUSIC!!

Good job Droolie! The OSTs are great, and the presentation too!

Only one question: How did you make the effect of the Rayman 3 covers?
Droolie
Mr Sax

Post by Droolie »

Glad to hear you both like it! Enjoy the music :D
Misterfan2000 wrote:How did you make the effect of the Rayman 3 covers?
The color changes? With the hue map tool from PaintShop Pro. I'm quite sure that's available in Photoshop as well (and probably better). :)
Misterfan2000
Grand Mini

Post by Misterfan2000 »

Drolpiraat wrote:Glad to hear you both like it! Enjoy the music :D
Misterfan2000 wrote:How did you make the effect of the Rayman 3 covers?
The color changes? With the hue map tool from PaintShop Pro. I'm quite sure that's available in Photoshop as well (and probably better). :)
Could you make a screenshot to see the colors needed for each effect?
It's just that I'm creating my own versions of the covers, and I need help for the colors.
Droolie
Mr Sax

Post by Droolie »

Misterfan2000 wrote:Could you make a screenshot to see the colors needed for each effect?
It's just that I'm creating my own versions of the covers, and I need help for the colors.
Haven't got those anymore, I'm afraid. What I can do is provide the images without text overlay: http://imgur.com/a/F32nl
The two last images are the original unedited image and the light filter placed on top of each of the hue mapped original images.
Misterfan2000
Grand Mini

Post by Misterfan2000 »

Drolpiraat wrote:
Misterfan2000 wrote:Could you make a screenshot to see the colors needed for each effect?
Haven't got those anymore, I'm afraid. What I can do is provide the images without text overlay: http://imgur.com/a/F32nl
The two last images are the original unedited image and the light filter placed on top of each of the hue mapped original images.
Thank you a lot!
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610014

Post by Hunchman801 »

Such amazing work, RayTunes is better than ever and I never knew it was even possible.

Thank you, Droolie. :chinois:
boomboleros7
Mr Stone
Tings: 68091

Post by boomboleros7 »

The new RayTunes design is awesome! :o

Thanks for the new soundtracks Droolie! :D
It was a pleasure to hear again the educational games songs! :nostalgic:
Drolpiraat wrote:PS: I'm hoping someone else will post a small message about this on the French RayTunes forums for me... my French is pretty terrible nowadays, I haven't spoken it in years!
No prob, I will do that right now! :wink:

Signature réalisée par Gnaax
Sa chaîne YouTube : https://www.youtube.com/user/MasterSparta87
Son DeviantArt : http://gnaax.deviantart.com/
Droolie
Mr Sax

Post by Droolie »

boomboleros7 wrote:No prob, I will do that right now! :wink:
Thank you very much for this! It's much better than anything I could have written :D
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

Blimey, there's a lot of new shiny stuff here. I really like the unique messages you've put in for each information box, and also when sharing links. You didn't have to do it, but man, it's really given RayTunes its own personality, and I love it.

Really like the RayTunes embed too, perhaps when we've moved to phpBB 3.2, we can have add the RayTunes tag to the post submission page. Perhaps with a form that makes embedding RayTunes tracks easier, as we have with the YouTube tags? As it stands, it's still awesomely cool being able to embed:

Also, do you mind if I nab the RayTunes timeline image for the RayWiki article?
incognito
Électoon
Tings: 0

Post by incognito »

Holy... damn... shit ! That just looks awesome ! And even more, it can't look any more professional than this.
You should teach PH how to make a Real Mobile version of a website :twisted:

I'm just trying it out now and damn damn damn, when downloading it it even has the cover and all the artists names fields filled up, I got the feeling that my music library is gonna grow in a very short time. Thanks for that Droolie man !
EDIT:
It doesn't only look awesome, it also feels awesomely good to use.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610014

Post by Hunchman801 »

Master wrote:Really like the RayTunes embed too, perhaps when we've moved to phpBB 3.2, we can have add the RayTunes tag to the post submission page. Perhaps with a form that makes embedding RayTunes tracks easier, as we have with the YouTube tags?
Well I mentioned the exact same thing yesterday! Any thoughts on how you'd expect the form to work? Search feature, menu, something different?
incognito wrote:You should teach PH how to make a Real Mobile version of a website :twisted:
Blame it on phpBB. :oops2: